Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm interested in hearing on how you all became buc fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

: May 23, 2011, 12:04:40 AM

soo, how did you guys become fans?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : May 23, 2011, 12:13:11 AM

When they announced Tampa had just been awarded an expansion team.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 23, 2011, 12:53:08 AM

I was a little kid growing up in South Carolina, when the Bucs came into existence. I thought hey, that will be my team, and they have been ever since. This was before the Panthers, or I may have ended up being a fan of them instead. My dream as a boy was to play for the Bucs someday, and although I had a cup of coffee with 3 different NFL teams, the Bucs were not to be.  But its all worked out for the best, looking back now, the early Buc teams were horrendous as we all know.  I have never been more excited about ANY Buc team, than I am about this regime. They have some nice players in place, they need to develop a few more, then its off to the races.  I think the fellas really play hard for Morris  [sorry Java]  and this current team is going places, I really believe that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 23, 2011, 12:56:31 AM

The title of the thread was how we became FANS.  That  leaves you out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDog

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 23, 2011, 01:23:45 AM

I became a Buc fan in 76.    There was nothing mentioned in the thread about when or how people stopped being a Buc fan.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 23, 2011, 01:33:23 AM

Born and raised in NY. Never saw a live game because Jets and Giants games were always televised. In 93' took a new job in Tampa. Went to Bucs vs Bears game because it was blacked out. Bucs won on last second Husted FG and I was hooked.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 23, 2011, 01:43:36 AM

I'm not so sure I'd call a field goal in the 3rd quarter "last second", but it's always good to win.

Como Esta Husted?

http://www.bucpower.com/1993game13.html

If I'm not mistaken, the exciting part of that game was Hardy Nickerson threatening the Bears kicker Kevin Butler telling him things like "you think you bad?   meet me after the game, I'll whup your ass" after Butler taunted the Bucs when he made a 55 yard field goal.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 23, 2011, 01:48:06 AM

I'm not so sure I'd call a field goal in the 3rd quarter "last second", but it's always good to win.

Como Esta Husted?

http://www.bucpower.com/1993game13.html

If I'm not mistaken, the exciting part of that game was Hardy Nickerson threatening the Bears kicker Kevin Butler telling him things like "you think you bad?   meet me after the game, I'll whup your ass" after Butler taunted the Bucs when he made a 55 yard field goal.

Now your talking a LB, that post belongs over in that Ruud thread.  Hardy was a bad azz, wish we had a LB like that now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 23, 2011, 01:59:39 AM

Die-hard Auburn Tigers fan. Decided I was going to look at the NFL and pick a team to follow. Loved Ravens, Bucs, Chargers and Titans. The Bucs chose Caddy. Deal sealed. And hell. Pirates?! $@#& YEAH!

Supreme

Starter

#9 : May 23, 2011, 02:56:42 AM

Living in California, I was raised in the late 80's and early 90's with my family forcing me to be a Raider fan. It was all the hype back then. Then in middle school, my class was given an assignment where we had to make a report on an assigned sports team. I was given the Bucs. That' was the start of my addiction.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 23, 2011, 06:32:32 AM

I became a Buc fan in 76.    There was nothing mentioned in the thread about when or how people stopped being a Buc fan.

....Just admitted he's not a fan and has whined about anything Buc related. Again.

If he's not out of here soon, I will be. Sad too, because others will follow or already have left and aren't coming back. JoeBucsfan I hate, but I would rather spend my time there, than to deal with Java's whining no matter how good PR is "supposed" to be.

Seeing how you are NOT a fan, please don't respond to this thread. I don't care if you dislike the Bucs, I'm just completely sick of your endless prattling and mocking of anything related. You've beaten that dead horse back from the dead.

You don't have to like the playcalls Java. You don't have to like the coach or specific players. But his IS a BIAS site, one that is "supposed" to be upheld by people who actually support THIS team. Therefore, if you don't LIKE the team in general, you should not be allowed to post your views. If PR doesn't understand that, I welcome their own self destruction.

Now that I'm done with my usual rant at Java, I'll get down to what I wanted to say to Bacca about his OP.  :P

I was always a fan. I've lived in the area my whole life and my father always watched games with me growing up. It's more of a "support my area" and honor tradition more than anything else, besides the actual love of the game. I lost him nearly 3 years ago, and now every time I watch a game it's like he's sitting here with me.

There are also other things also. Like getting to watch Sapp, Barber, Brooks, Lynch, Alstott, Selmon, Carrier, Rice, Keyshawn, Galloway and yes, even Gruden brought me great enjoyment over the years. It's different now. I have met nearly every player on the team and I can honestly say that TB now has people who are hungry and actually kinder and much smarter than most people would believe. Heck, I said during the season before last that Raheem was MUCH smarter with the "x's and o's" of the game than the awful record they had posted. That's because I actually got to sit down and pick his brain and chitchat with him a bit. The Glazers were indeed being "cheap" when they signed him on, but they also knew Rah knew tons about the game too. So, now I'm a fan of most of the players on the team as well, not just the team or area itself.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 23, 2011, 07:17:13 AM

I became a Bucs fan on Jan. 16, 2009.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 23, 2011, 09:02:05 AM

When i was born I became a Bucs fan

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#13 : May 23, 2011, 09:03:04 AM

+1 and then with the 1st pick of the 1976 draft they selected Leroy Selmon to seal the deal.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 23, 2011, 09:20:17 AM

Mike Freakin Alstott!!!

And I thought the new jerseys were cool so I started to follow the team (I was young)

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm interested in hearing on how you all became buc fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools