Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We find out about Talib today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 25, 2011, 10:52:45 AM

Hey lets forget about Godell ....what do you think Dominik will do in the long run......bear in mind this guy gos off the deep end at the drop of the hat.....should he believe Talib never shot the gun at someone running away ...or he never smacked someone around with a deadly weapon......yes we all should stand up for our families......thats not the point......the point is this guy is in deep spit ALL THE TIME...is this a guy you want to count on being on the field......imo Dominik is a very smart guy he may have told Morris last year the next incident and hes OUT...if he stays they have to pay him a bundle of money next year for 5 ...6 years......is that smart.....or do you cut or trade him and give his money to Aso or Joseph......yes he will be hard to trade teams knowing the circumstances......instead of getting a 1st we may have to take a 3rd but get something and use his money on a FA......again Dominik is smart and what ever he decides i'm all for.
            Another big thing in case you need anything else....the bucs are trying to sell season tickets....they didn't do THE HARD KNOCKS  thing so they wouldn't have to answer questions about the players....Talib is by no means SNOW WHITE and albeit the talent somebody you don't want on the team long term.
: May 25, 2011, 11:03:07 AM 4bucs

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : May 25, 2011, 10:55:32 AM

I can't recall Dominik reprimanding any player ever.   Has he?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 25, 2011, 10:58:49 AM

If by some miracle Talib gets off from a legal standpoint and is not suspended, then Dominik should hope Talib has a Pro Bowl caliber year thus regaining some value that he lost with his latest transgression. If it happens to run the course as stated Dominik should then trade him during the next draft even if its for a third rounder and look elsewhere for a quality corner. Talib at this point is strictly a commodity for Dominik the better he plays and the less press he gets the better said commodity could become for Dominik.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 25, 2011, 11:00:04 AM

Hey lets forget about Godell ....what do you think Dominik will do in the long run......bear in mind this guy gos off the deep end at the drop of the hat.....should he believe Talib never shot the gun at someone running away ...or he never smacked someone around with a deadly weapon......yes we all should stand up for our families......thats not the point......the point is this guy is in deep spit ALL THE TIME...is this a guy you want to count on being on the field......imo Dominik is a very smart guy he may have told Morris last year the next incident and hes OUT...if he stays they have to pay him a bundle of money next year for 5 ...6 years......is that smart.....or do you cut or trade him and give his money to Aso or Joseph......yes he will be hard to trade teams knowing the circumstances......instead of getting a 1st we may have to take a 3rd but get something and use his money on a FA......again Dominik is smart and what ever he decides i'm all for.

For perspective, in reference to Ronde sticking with the team, Morris said, "we'll keep you until we can replace you."

Talib is coming up on the end of his rookie contract, I'm sure the team is at a crossroads with him. They'll play him as long as he's eligible to play, but when they get the chance to replace him, he's gone. I doubt the team re-signs him when his contract is up.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 25, 2011, 11:19:58 AM

For perspective, in reference to Ronde sticking with the team, Morris said, "we'll keep you until we can replace you."

Talib is coming up on the end of his rookie contract, I'm sure the team is at a crossroads with him. They'll play him as long as he's eligible to play, but when they get the chance to replace him, he's gone. I doubt the team re-signs him when his contract is up.
why wait......trade him to a team like oakland or the ravens for a 3 or 4 and give his money to Aso or Joseph right now......and we are ahead of the game.

champkind

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 25, 2011, 11:20:52 AM

Another big thing in case you need anything else....the bucs are trying to sell season tickets....they didn't do THE HARD KNOCKS  thing so they wouldn't have to answer questions about the players....Talib is by no means SNOW WHITE and albeit the talent somebody you don't want on the team long term.

You act like not cutting him right away means giving him a big contract and committing to him for years. If he isn't convicted, why on earth would the team cut him. I dont see Talib any differently right now as a person than I did before this incident.  He isn't someone that NEEDS to be cut just because of his character. However, I do think the team has ZERO intentions of offering him a long term deal ever, and they are making plans for life after Talib. Morris is a coach who is comfortable enough in his evaluations to roll with late round DB's, and I think they are really excited about Biggers, Lewis and Gaitor. I don't see them going after Aso, unless there is a new CBA that causes the team to reach a salary floor. In that case, if they DID get a high prices FA corner, then I could see them dropping or trying to trade Talib, just because of the numbers game.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 25, 2011, 11:22:42 AM

when you have such good team chemistry why spoil it with one bad apple,hes had fights with his own players and even cussed out Morris and hes not loved by the refs either.
: May 25, 2011, 11:26:38 AM 4bucs

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 25, 2011, 11:30:34 AM

Right, wrong or indifferent - Aqib does have talent and a fire in his belly and that makes him a commodity.

If that young man could get his mind right...   he'd be the best corner in the league - and I believe that...

C'e La Vie.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

cryptfiend

Starter

#23 : May 25, 2011, 11:40:26 AM

Keep in mind that this is a grand jury hearing.

Talib has been charged, but not indicted.  If he is not indicted, there will be no suspension, and he will stay on the team.  If there is an indictment, but no conviction and the NFL can enforce the conduct policy, it will be a small suspension.  If convicted...well, he's in jail for at least 10 years, so what does it matter?

The difference between talib and rapelisberger, is that rapelisberger did something that tarnished the leagues image.  Maybe it was rape, and maybe it wasn't...but he did have sex with those girls and he should have made a better choice.

If talib is not indicted, that means he didn't actually do anything.  You can't say that he made a bad choice by being at his families house.  Can you imagine the response if the NFL says that players can't be near their parents or they will be suspended?

In other words, look at it like this: I could say that drew brees raped me.  It's not true of course.  He wont be indicted, he didn't do anything.  Should he be suspended for my allegation?  If you say yes, then I'm going to callt he NFL and tell them that brees raped me while Michael turner and both of carolinas ruNning backs watched and helped.

Im a big supporter of talib.  Maybe I just see him in a different light than most, but even if I were against him, I don't think he will be indicted.  The only person who says talib shot the gun is the boyfriend who was running away at the time because talib's mother had shot at him first.  20 witnesses say nothing about talib shooting.  Talib has denied it from the first second.  Talib has gotten in trouble before, but he never denied it...always fessed up to it.  I believe talib, and the witnesses.  He will go free.

Besides, think about it.  Shannon said that the gun was jammed, and he knew because he tried firing it before talib or his mother fid a shot.  Self defense anyone?

I'm on talib's side, yes.  However, it seems to me that a lot of people are looking to demonize him for no reason other than to demonize him
: May 25, 2011, 11:48:18 AM cryptfiend

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 25, 2011, 11:47:54 AM

why wait......trade him to a team like oakland or the ravens for a 3 or 4 and give his money to Aso or Joseph right now......and we are ahead of the game.

The key part is being able to replace him. I don't think we have anyone of the roster that can be a probowl caliber CB. Now if we sign Aso then Talib is in the wind for whatever we can get.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 25, 2011, 11:48:33 AM

http://www2.tbo.com/news/bucs/2011/may/25/bucs-aqib-talib-to-appear-before-texas-grand-jury--ar-232510/

Picture caption:  "Talib's attorneys say they are confident the matter will be resolved favorable for him "once all of the facts are known.''"

Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib is scheduled to appear today before a grand jury in Dallas County, Texas, on charges that he fired shots at his sister's boyfriend.

On March 30, Talib turned himself in to authorities in Garland, Texas, on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He posted $25,000 bail and was released two hours later.

Talib, 25, has retained Dallas defense attorney Frank Perez and Pittsburgh sports attorney Jay Reisinger, who has represented baseball stars Alex Rodriguez, Andy Pettitte and Sammy Sosa.

"On March 30, 2011, Aqib Talib voluntarily reported to law enforcement authorities in Dallas County, Texas, to address certain charges that have been lodged against him," the attorneys said in a statement. "Aqib is confident that once all of the facts are known, this matter will be resolved favorably and in an expeditious fashion."

Talib was accused of firing shots at his sister's boyfriend March 21.

Talib's mother, Okolo Talib, 58, faces charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and being a felon in possession of a firearm in the incident.

Police said they were called to a disturbance at the home of Saran Talib, 42, and her boyfriend, Shannon Billings, 40.

According to arrest warrants, Aqib Talib pointed a 9 mm handgun at Billings and swung it at him. The gun slipped out of his hand and struck a fence. Billings picked up the gun, which had jammed and was inoperable.

Aqib Talib then tried to fight Billings, authorities said.

Okolo Talib then arrived at the home, jumped out of her vehicle holding a handgun and shot at Billings, authorities said. Aqib Talib got the gun from his mother and shot several times at Billings but missed, investigators said.

Garland police arrived and found Billings outside.

Billings was listed as a suspect in a disturbance at the home earlier that day and was taken into custody on charges of assault and interference with an emergency phone call.

In that earlier incident, Billings intentionally and recklessly scratched Saran Talib's head with his hand and fingernails, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by The Tampa Tribune.

Billings took a phone from Saran Talib's hand and broke the phone when she tried calling Garland 911 emergency services, the affidavit states.

The grand jury will decide whether to indict Aqib Talib, said Joe Harn, a Garland police spokesman. If convicted, Talib could face up to 20 years in prison.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#26 : May 25, 2011, 11:50:57 AM

Does anyone know about what time this is all going down?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 25, 2011, 04:35:31 PM

when you have such good team chemistry why spoil it with one bad apple,hes had fights with his own players and even cussed out Morris and hes not loved by the refs either.

bolded part can be said about many NFL players......question is how do you know that the rest of the team doesnt respect him? How do you know the rest of the team sees him going against team chemistry or as a bad apple?

Fact is, we dont know. Seems most people only bring up this stuff to try to back their opinion when in fact it happens every single year on every single team. There fights in TC all the time and guys have gotten in to it with coaches too. That doesnt excuse Talib at all, but it does put his actions into perspective. The cabby incedent and this current one are the only ones that stand out as abnormal/troublesome behavior.

The way Talib responded in this latest incedent may not have been smart, but most people would have showed up in their sisters defense....that or they are a liar or a coward. How a situation like this is the last straw for some, i just dont get. The guy is a screw up, but there are worse things to do in life than showing up for your sisters defense to garner this type of hate and judgement.....all before its worked out in the court system.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 25, 2011, 05:23:56 PM

tatmanfish....hes had the temper thing his whole life...they took a chance when they drafted him,look it up.....or maybe I i'm just typing that to support my opinion...lol.....hes probably a model citizen....gos on all the time.....did you ever get smashed in the face with a football helmet....gos on all the time......shooting at people running away.....gos on all the time....say that enough and maybe you'll believe it.
: May 25, 2011, 05:36:47 PM 4bucs

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 25, 2011, 05:53:14 PM

Talib is on his last leg, one more incident and he could be out of the NFL let alone be playing here anymore.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We find out about Talib today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools