Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We find out about Talib today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 25, 2011, 06:35:27 PM

Even though there is no gray area where the law is concerned if he is not indicted and subsequently charged. But there is a gray area where the league is concerned its called the personnel conduct policy where they league can suspend a player or fine a player for shedding negative light on the league, one of it's 32 member teams or the shield. So while he might get off from a legal standpoint, he could still face league sanctions. But as I stated earlier I think it will be hard for the league to suspend players who ran afoul of the law when they don't work for the team or the league when said incidents took place.

This was brought up at the g2g Sunday and I just have a hard time believing that the players couldn't fight and win if Goodell decides to act on a player that was no under NFL jurisdiction during the time of his infraction.

Hey lets forget about Godell ....what do you think Dominik will do in the long run......

Plan for life without him.... but his hand has not yet been forced.
: May 25, 2011, 06:38:04 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 25, 2011, 07:03:29 PM

~~ THE SO-CALLED "GOODELL CAN'T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE THE LEAGUE WASN'T IN OPERATION" ARGUMENT ~~

Truly stupid argument!

So if a player kills 2 people now, some of you say that the NFL might not be legally able to suspend them for violating player conduct code because the League wasn't in operation at the time of offense?
That's LAUGHABLE!

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 25, 2011, 07:04:38 PM

~~ THE SO-CALLED "GOODELL CAN'T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE THE LEAGUE WASN'T IN OPERATION" ARGUMENT ~~

Truly stupid argument!

So if a player kills 2 people now, some of you say that the NFL might not be legally able to suspend them for violating player conduct code because the League wasn't in operation at the time of offense?
That's LAUGHABLE!

Goodell probably won't deem it neccasary to suspend a guy who is going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Bad example.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#33 : May 25, 2011, 07:25:59 PM

Truly stupid argument!

That's LAUGHABLE!

Truly stupid argument!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 25, 2011, 07:32:22 PM

According to Stephen Holder it may be a few days before the indictment, or no indictment is made public.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 25, 2011, 07:53:31 PM

Would you want this guy to spend the day alone with your kid as a "big brother"?     This kind of guy doesn't belong in the NFL.   

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 25, 2011, 07:57:24 PM

That is the beauty of America, JDog. We are innocent until proven guilty. The accusations could be false for all we know.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 25, 2011, 07:59:41 PM

He's already been proven to be a low character individual in the past.   Even if he's found "not guilty" here, he's a dirtbag.   Get rid of his butt - he's going to be in trouble all his life.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 25, 2011, 08:19:13 PM

tatmanfish....hes had the temper thing his whole life...they took a chance when they drafted him,look it up.....or maybe I i'm just typing that to support my opinion...lol.....hes probably a model citizen....gos on all the time.....did you ever get smashed in the face with a football helmet....gos on all the time......shooting at people running away.....gos on all the time....say that enough and maybe you'll believe it.

I dont disagree for the most part, but there are tonss of assumptions and overexaggerations with Talib. Im not defending as I pretty much agree that hes got problems. Im just saying some people let their opions sway the facts.

I have been hit in the face with a helmet. doesnt feel good but we were teammates and friends still after the fact.

Talib shooting at people hasnt been proven yet. innocent until guilty. Yes hes guilty of repeat offenses, but this one isnt even decided yet. could be something, could be nothing.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 25, 2011, 08:20:25 PM

Would you want this guy to spend the day alone with your kid as a "big brother"?     This kind of guy doesn't belong in the NFL.   
Football players have to double as good baby sitters?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 25, 2011, 08:24:33 PM

You want your kid looking up to that guy?

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 25, 2011, 08:31:24 PM

tatmanfish....hes had the temper thing his whole life...they took a chance when they drafted him,look it up.....or maybe I i'm just typing that to support my opinion...lol.....hes probably a model citizen....gos on all the time.....did you ever get smashed in the face with a football helmet....gos on all the time......shooting at people running away.....gos on all the time....say that enough and maybe you'll believe it.

I dont disagree for the most part, but there are tonss of assumptions and overexaggerations with Talib. Im not defending as I pretty much agree that hes got problems. Im just saying some people let their opions sway the facts.

I have been hit in the face with a helmet. doesnt feel good but we were teammates and friends still after the fact.

Talib shooting at people hasnt been proven yet. innocent until guilty. Yes hes guilty of repeat offenses, but this one isnt even decided yet. could be something, could be nothing.
I agree,but do you take a chance and resign this guy for big bucks for 5 or 6 years with 20 or 30 mill up front......orrrrr do you trade him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick and spend that money on Aso or Joseph.......and I don't hate the guy ......I just think hes not a guy you can count on to be around all year like the 2 other cbs mentioned.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 25, 2011, 09:02:08 PM

If a football player is enough to sway a child, that's not the players fault, it's the parents.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#43 : May 25, 2011, 09:19:51 PM

I wouldn't mind one bit if my kid looked up to Freeman, and you hate him as well...you just hate everyone wearing pewter and have different spins for each player thats suits an arguement.  With Talib, its his temper; with Freeman...well he's just too big, Morris is an idiot...and the list goes on and on and on.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 25, 2011, 09:28:02 PM

Ha ha!  A fool like Java, a guy without kids, is concerned about kids looking up to athletes.

So many angles to attack, such a stupid, silly man.

Sick of Java.  Sick of his stupidity...his blatant recoursing.

Why is this guy still on the PR?  His takes are stupid.  NOTHING he posts is worth a damn.

As Ramon said, Freeman is "too big".  Morris is "too modern".  Blount is "too thuggish".  Benn is a "bust".  McCoy is "no Suh". 

But Ruud, well that white boy can play!  Yeee haw!

Java sucks.  His posts suck.  His lack of football intuitivness is alarming.  Why he posts here is for one thing only...to get attention, and to ruin decent conversations about football.

I hope he gets anal herpes.  And is forced into a life of reclusivity that denies him access to the internet.  This place would be better knowing these things.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We find out about Talib today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools