Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT on Faine « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
« : May 25, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »

I already wasn't a fan of the guy, now i just want his ass outta here.

Jeff Faine passes on Bucs lockout workouts

Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2011, 9:52 PM EDT

AP
Buccaneers center Jeff Faine, the team’s NFLPA* representative, is raising some eyebrows in Tampa for his inconsistent stance regarding the value of player-led lockout workouts.  The folks at JoeBucsFan.com have pieced together Faine’s past and present words on the subject.

For starters, and as we pointed out not long after the comments were made, Faine expressed pessimism regarding the ability of the team’s quarterback to marshal the troops.

“You’re not going to see Josh Freeman and our receiving corps down at the University of Tampa soccer field,” Faine told Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times.  “They might go out there and run some routes and throw.  But you’re talking about getting an entire receiving corps together being able to work against an entire defensive backs corps.  It’s just not going to happen.”

And, of course, it’s now happening.  Even though Faine has passed on the opportunity to participate.

“I was actually invited,” Faine recently told WQYK in Tampa.  “I guess they wanted me to come snap the ball a little bit and block air.  But I decided my time was best served in the weight room than making sure that our snaps were still good.

“They’re definitely putting in some work.  These guys are out there throwing the ball.  It’s good. It’s great for our young receivers and our young franchise quarterback to be able to get together and throw the ball around the yard a little bit and spend a little time together.  They’ll hopefully be able to basically supplement what we’d normally be doing.  But of course it definitely isn’t replacing the amount of work we’d normally be putting in, and that’s something that’s definitely going to be missed this upcoming season.”

Faine sings a slightly different tune when raving about the Saints’ chances to rule the division if the lockout wipes out the entire offseason program and chews into training camp.

‘I think that New Orleans, especially, with the pieces that they’ve had in place for some time,” Faine said.  “Not much change.  You’ve got a hell of a quarterback that’s leading his team in an offseason program.  Those guys have played together for some time.  They’ve had the same coordinator in Sean Payton and also the head coach for some time.”

It’s hard not to get the feeling that, if Drew Brees had invited Faine to work out with the Saints, Faine would have accepted in a heartbeat.  If Freeman has developed that feeling, things could get very interesting in Tampa once the lockout ends.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/25/jeff-faine-passes-on-bucs-lockoutworkouts/
« : May 25, 2011, 11:22:17 PM Hate »

-------------------------------------------------------

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #1 : May 25, 2011, 11:21:05 PM »

I'm withya, trade him the day football returns.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : May 25, 2011, 11:23:42 PM »

This clown has been talking all off season, I really hope they let him go but I don't see that happening! He'll more than likely get injured soon after the season starts and we won't have to hear or watch him in a buc uni again!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 25, 2011, 11:35:05 PM »

Clayborn should taxkle him just for not following team orders!!!!!!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 25, 2011, 11:38:25 PM »

So Faine thinks the Saints are better than the Bucs.   Who doesn't?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 25, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »

Hes not a team player....FIRE HIM!!!!!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 25, 2011, 11:43:09 PM »

"Hate" said this about Faine.....

"id rather keep carnell over him(Faine)....UGH!!."

LOL!!! Now thats saying something.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : May 25, 2011, 11:51:12 PM »

So Faine thinks the Saints are better than the Bucs.   Who doesn't?
That's the positive you wish to extoll?  He thinks the Saints are the better team?  Perhaps he was injured when the bucs beat the Saints?  Maybe he stayed home and lifted weights - no, I don't think so either, not the way he gets pushed around.  I am rooting for Larsen to take over center.  This guy just blew his opportunity to be with the "in" group showing they want to be ready.  Faine spends too much time being unavailable as it is, if he isn't on board with the goals of this team - get him off the ship. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #8 : May 25, 2011, 11:57:13 PM »

the same hour they lift the lockout they should trade him to the Aints for a sandwich so we could watch GMC and brian price dishrag is azz twice a year. wouldnt anything different than what we been seeing from him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #9 : May 26, 2011, 12:03:35 AM »

Hope Zoot is there working on his snaps and chemistry with Freeman

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 26, 2011, 12:15:23 AM »

He is being terribly disrespectful.

I'm all for Zuttah taking over for the guy.

Jesus

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 26, 2011, 12:29:22 AM »

Trade him immediately. First day the offseason starts I'd be looking to get rid of him. For a young QB to be going out of his way to start training with other young guys far before other teams, the veteran of the offensive line should be going out of his way to support Freeman in every way. Instead, he's actually going as far as to undermine his efforts by sarcastically suggesting that they're a waste of time. That's exactly the type of player we don't need on this team, and his play on the field certainly gives us no reason to second guess moving him anyways. Roll with Zuttah and kick this moron to the curb.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 26, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »

I read that again.

Didn't get any less angry

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #13 : May 26, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »

Once again I agree with everybody but JDOG (somehow that works in this thread).......

Kick em to the curb Dom, do the right thing, again....

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #14 : May 26, 2011, 12:46:13 AM »

I read that again.

Didn't get any less angry

lol
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT on Faine « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools