Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT on Faine « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucFanOcala1

Second String

#30 : May 26, 2011, 10:33:24 AM

Faine is awful and was a mistake at the time. He's another guy like Davin that can be in or out of the lineup and you won't notice.
Disagree. Davin is a good lineman. He doesn't perform like a first round pick but the guy is solid.

Tampa trashes Faine,Trueblood and Carnell the stink of Gruden and Allen will finally be gone.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 26, 2011, 10:34:39 AM

Anything from Mike Florio or JBF is garbage and not to be taken seriously....but with Faine I'll make an exception.

Draft Aaron Donald

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 26, 2011, 10:43:33 AM

It's players like Faine that make me believe, unfortunatly, that Gruden/Allen set this team back ten years...sad really.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 26, 2011, 10:48:20 AM

Anything from Mike Florio or JBF is garbage and not to be taken seriously....but with Faine I'll make an exception.

I'm not the biggest Faine fan but this is a complete hatchett job on what he actually said.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 26, 2011, 11:30:03 AM

We can all agree that Faine has been injured a lot recently and his best years are probably behind him. However, he did a very nice job when he was first brought in. Injury and getting toward the end of his career is something that will happen to all players. He has no trade value, keep him and let him compete or cut him if he's deemed not our best option at center.

Or....you could burst into a rage of name calling that makes you sound like a child who didn't get his dessert. Either one works well.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 26, 2011, 11:33:57 AM

With that huge salary, I don't see a trade.  Could get the ax though.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 26, 2011, 11:38:27 AM

What BucNY said.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#37 : May 26, 2011, 11:42:26 AM

We can all agree that Faine has been injured a lot recently and his best years are probably behind him. However, he did a very nice job when he was first brought in. Injury and getting toward the end of his career is something that will happen to all players. He has no trade value, keep him and let him compete or cut him if he's deemed not our best option at center.

Or....you could burst into a rage of name calling that makes you sound like a child who didn't get his dessert. Either one works well.

Yep

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 26, 2011, 12:01:26 PM

I'm not the biggest Faine fan but this is a complete hatchett job on what he actually said.

Of course it is. Look at the source.

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 26, 2011, 12:13:47 PM

Its not a random quote taking out of context.  Faine has a history of being a union guy, its us against the owners mentality. Dude has always been that way. He fancies himself a big wig in the NFLPA.  Meanwhile guys like Freeman are more worried about leading the team to greatness and getting better all the time.  Faine?   Not so much.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 26, 2011, 12:24:50 PM

Faine has been no better than any other crappy center TB has had over the years.

"I'm these guys' biggest fan, because I have such admiration and respect for a lot of these guys that are still with the team when I was there. I have nothing but high hopes for these guys to get it done."

"Faine, 28, left New Orleans for a monster deal with the Buccaneers that the Saints didn't attempt to match."

...So here he is, loving on a team that wouldn't pony up for him. I guess that love wasn't very mutual.... If he loves them so much, maybe he should have thought about a little pay cut? If I'm the Glazers, I dislike him, a lot.

I really hope Rah gives him the boot, the Saints pick him up, then TB goes to the SB while the saints drop to the bottom. Irony. I know one thing, I don't want him on the field when TB plays the Saints anymore. Seeing how he'd rather sit around a campfire and sing Bottles of beer on the wall with them rather than knock them over. His value isn't even there now that Freeman is around, JF hardly even needs an OL, dude's been without one his whole time playing football. Besides, It's already funny that the Saints get rid of him, and they magically get better? ... when Jeff is supposed to be so good?

....At least learn to snap to your own QB you worthless chubbawubba.  :P

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 26, 2011, 12:44:20 PM

Its not a random quote taking out of context.  Faine has a history of being a union guy, its us against the owners mentality. Dude has always been that way. He fancies himself a big wig in the NFLPA.  Meanwhile guys like Freeman are more worried about leading the team to greatness and getting better all the time.  Faine?   Not so much.

None of which has anything to do with what Faine was actually asked and answered. Anyone who heard the interview would know that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 26, 2011, 01:29:28 PM

None of which has anything to do with what Faine was actually asked and answered. Anyone who heard the interview would know that.

I'm not doubting the misrepresentation, so what was the gist of Faine's comments?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 26, 2011, 01:32:14 PM

appparently "Joe" and Peterson are going to discuss it at 345pm on some radio show...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 26, 2011, 01:44:36 PM

I'm not doubting the misrepresentation, so what was the gist of Faine's comments?

He was extremely complimentary of Freeman. Spent a good deal of time talking about what a great job he's done getting the offensive skill players together.

He was asked specifically which team he felt would be able to handle the lockout issue the best from a performance standpoint. He mentioned that he was concerned because the Bucs were young and also have some new coaches who had barely enough time to introduce themselves to the players...both OL and DL. He mentioned the Saints might be in the best position in the division mainly because of continuity of coaches and players.

He did say that he didn't feel it was productive to have lineman in what is basically 7 on 7 drills. I don't disagree with him.

Frankly, having heard the interview, I was rather flabbergasted that the interview was turned into the bs put out by JBF or any other outfit.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT on Faine « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools