Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are Bucs Fans Mad at Bo? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PipeFitr

Practice Squad

#15 : May 26, 2011, 03:34:48 PM

**CENSORED** Bo with his baseball bat yeah I got a grudge

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 26, 2011, 04:12:12 PM

"Bo Jackson should die of Gonorrhea and rot in hell."

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : May 26, 2011, 04:29:38 PM

Mad at Culverhouse, not Bo Jackson.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 26, 2011, 04:41:28 PM

Im way too young for this.

But sure. It would be alot cooler to see him in a buc uni on those 4 years of highlights

ras01

Second String

#19 : May 26, 2011, 05:11:48 PM

He was before my time, I just remeber him playing for the White Sox.  I use to hate football and love baseball.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 26, 2011, 05:24:42 PM

This is the only case in history where the player was drafted #1 overall and refused to play for the team.   

Yes, I hate Bo Jackson.   He screwed the Bucs big time.

In the 1983 NFL Draft, Elway was selected as the first overall pick by the Baltimore Colts. Elway had, by then, played two summers of minor league baseball for the New York Yankees organization, and threatened to join the Yankees full-time unless the Colts traded him. He was wary of playing for the Colts, then among the worst teams in the league. He was also unwilling to play for their then-head coach, Frank Kush, who had a reputation as a harsh taskmaster. Eventually, Colts owner Robert Irsay gave in. The Colts traded him to the Denver Broncos for QB Mark Herrmann, rights to OL Chris Hinton and a first-round pick (OG Ron Solt) in the 1984 NFL Draft on May 2, 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Elway

The San Diego Chargers originally held the rights to the overall first pick in the 2004 NFL Draft. With Manning being the most highly coveted player in the draft, it appeared that the Chargers' intentions were to draft Manning first overall. However, Manning (echoed by his father Archie) stated publicly that he would refuse to play for the Chargers if drafted by them. The Chargers selected him with the first pick overall nonetheless as the team had a deal in place with the New York Giants where the Giants would draft and then trade Philip Rivers and draft picks (used to pick Shawne Merriman and Nate Kaeding) to the Chargers for Manning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Manning#2004_NFL_Draft

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 26, 2011, 07:35:06 PM

He was before my time, I just remeber him playing for the White Sox.  I use to hate football and love baseball.

Royals?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : May 26, 2011, 07:38:54 PM

This is the only case in history where the player was drafted #1 overall and refused to play for the team.   

Yes, I hate Bo Jackson.   He screwed the Bucs big time.

In the 1983 NFL Draft, Elway was selected as the first overall pick by the Baltimore Colts. Elway had, by then, played two summers of minor league baseball for the New York Yankees organization, and threatened to join the Yankees full-time unless the Colts traded him. He was wary of playing for the Colts, then among the worst teams in the league. He was also unwilling to play for their then-head coach, Frank Kush, who had a reputation as a harsh taskmaster. Eventually, Colts owner Robert Irsay gave in. The Colts traded him to the Denver Broncos for QB Mark Herrmann, rights to OL Chris Hinton and a first-round pick (OG Ron Solt) in the 1984 NFL Draft on May 2, 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Elway

The San Diego Chargers originally held the rights to the overall first pick in the 2004 NFL Draft. With Manning being the most highly coveted player in the draft, it appeared that the Chargers' intentions were to draft Manning first overall. However, Manning (echoed by his father Archie) stated publicly that he would refuse to play for the Chargers if drafted by them. The Chargers selected him with the first pick overall nonetheless as the team had a deal in place with the New York Giants where the Giants would draft and then trade Philip Rivers and draft picks (used to pick Shawne Merriman and Nate Kaeding) to the Chargers for Manning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Manning#2004_NFL_Draft

Ya, I know that.   I meant to say the only time in history a guy got drafted number #1 and didn't play for that team and that team didn't get anything at all in return for him.   Those other teams got big deals in return for the guys - the Bucs got squat.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 26, 2011, 08:24:31 PM

Ya, I know that.   I meant to say the only time in history a guy got drafted number #1 and didn't play for that team and that team didn't get anything at all in return for him and played baseball for Kansas City Royals while wearing the number 16 and won the 1989 All Star MVP and was drafted by the LA Raiders and has the last name Jackson and first name Bo.

Yeah, it's clear you are on top of it.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 26, 2011, 08:32:06 PM

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his crotch.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 26, 2011, 08:37:56 PM

Ya, I know that.   I meant to say the only time in history a guy got drafted number #1 and didn't play for that team and that team didn't get anything at all in return for him

Considering I was a Buc season ticket holder back then, I would hope so.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 26, 2011, 09:30:38 PM

I don't blame Bo Jackson. When Elway and Manning refused to play for the teams that drafted them, they did the smart thing and traded their rights. You can't tell me there wasn't a plethora of teams ringing the Bucs phone to get the rights to Bo. Only Hugh Culverhouse would be arrogant enough to think he can make a guy play for him.

What really stings about the situation is that when you look at the rest of the top 10 picks of that draft, the Bucs would have been a better football team if they would have went with just about any other player. Tony Casillas and Jim Everett went 2nd and 3rd that year. Leslie O'Neill went 8th, and Keith Byers went 10th. All were Pro Bowl caliber players.

If you really want to feel sick, just look at the rest of that draft. Heck of a lot of ballers came out in 1986, none of which were drafted by the Bucs.

ras01

Second String

#27 : May 27, 2011, 12:43:18 AM

Royals?

Yes he'd played for the Royals 1st. But like I said he was before my time, so when I got into sports 1993 he was playing with the White Soxs. Should of cleared up the year my bad.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 27, 2011, 01:37:46 AM

Ya, I know that.   I meant to say the only time in history a guy got drafted number #1 and didn't play for that team and that team didn't get anything at all in return for him and played baseball for Kansas City Royals while wearing the number 16 and won the 1989 All Star MVP and was drafted by the LA Raiders and has the last name Jackson and first name Bo.

LOL

JDog

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 27, 2011, 08:02:07 AM

When that happened, I don't know any real Buc fan who didn't hate Bo Jackson.   I hated him so much, I refused to watch him play baseball.   Sure Culverhouse is an idiot for drafting him, but you can't tell me Bo couldn't have gotten Culverhouse to trade him if he wanted.   Especially after he didn't show up for the season opener.   Someone would have traded for Bo that year.   But the clown went and played baseball.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are Bucs Fans Mad at Bo? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools