Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are Bucs Fans Mad at Bo? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 27, 2011, 09:20:59 AM

He was before my time, I just remeber him playing for the White Sox.  I use to hate football and love baseball.

Royals?

Yes he'd played for the Royals 1st. But like I said he was before my time, so when I got into sports 1993 he was playing with the White Soxs. Should of cleared up the year my bad.

You were clear.  Morgan is just clueless.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 27, 2011, 10:51:01 AM

Not mad at Bo.  If anything I respected him more.  The man stated, do not draft me because I wont play. Now if he said he wouldnt play after getting drafted and they wasted the pick, ya that would be messed up.  But he did what he stated he would do, more athletes should have such integrity.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : May 27, 2011, 11:07:32 AM

I was actually more angry with Doug Williams than with Bo Jackson at the time.  Williams is the one who told him not to sign with the Bucs.  Doug was still pissed at Culverhouse for not giving him a huge contract in 83.

I had forgotten Bo played for the White Sox.   I only remembered him signing with the Royals.   

Scumbag

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 27, 2011, 11:54:38 AM

This is the only case in history where the player was drafted #1 overall and refused to play for the team.   

Once again, you are WRONG.

John Elway was drafted #1 over all by the Colts. He refused to play for them and told them "trade me or I'm playing baseball for a year". Irsay traded him for Mark Herrman and Denver's 1st in 1984.

The difference between Tampa and Baltimore is Tampa thought the player was bluffing and risked it, Baltimore decided something is better than nothing (although what they got was nearly nothing)

JDog

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 27, 2011, 11:55:44 AM

Talk about being wrong.   Read the rest of the thread before you post something related to a post from days ago.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 27, 2011, 01:35:54 PM

I was actually more angry with Doug Williams than with Bo Jackson at the time.  Williams is the one who told him not to sign with the Bucs.  Doug was still pissed at Culverhouse for not giving him a huge contract in 83.

Which was also Culverhouse's fault. When you do players dirty, they talk. And Doug wasn't just mad about not getting a big contract, he was mad about being paid less than most of the backup QB's in the NFL. Williams received a salary that was lower than 41 other NFL QB's. There were only 28 NFL teams back then.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 27, 2011, 06:07:18 PM

The offer they gave him was not lower than 41 other NFL QB's though.   He had still been playing under his rookie contract to that point.   

However, Culverhouse was a dirt bag, no doubt about it.    I remember Culverhouse balking at the notion of paying Williams more than Tommy Kramer (thought of as the best QB in our division at that time).    I'd take Williams over Kramer any day.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are Bucs Fans Mad at Bo? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools