Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Mom indicted « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : May 27, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »

MAY 27, 2011

Bucs CB Talib, and his mother, indicted for aggravated assault with deadly weapon

Aqib Talib’s future in the NFL just became the least of his problems.

The Bucs cornerback on Friday was indicted by a Dallas County grand jury for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to attorney Frank Perez.

“He’s been indicted,’’ Perez said in a text message to the Times Friday. "Yes, I'm disappointed, but I believe once all the facts are out, it will be resolved in Aqib's favor.''

It took the grand jury only two days to indict Talib after being presented with evidence by prosecutors Wednesday. The second degree felony carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison.

Talib’s latest troubles stem from his role in a March 21 shooting in Garland, Texas. Police say Talib attempted to pistol whip and later fired gunshots at his sister’s boyfriend, Shannon Billings. Nobody was injured. Talib’s mother, Okolo, also was indicted by the grand jury on similar charges, according to Perez.

Police say about 7:30 p.m. on that Monday in March, Talib, 25, brandished a 9mm handgun and attempted to pistol-whip Shannon Billings, the live-in boyfriend of his sister, Saran Talib, 43.

Earlier in the day, Billings, 40, had scratched Saran's head with his hand and fingernails during a domestic disturbance, according to an arrest warrant. Talib's gun slipped out of his hand in a struggle and jammed when it struck a fence, police say. That's when Billings picked it up and began running down the 900 block of Green Pond Drive, they say.

Talib's mother, Okolo Talib, 58, arrived on the scene, stepped out of her vehicle, aimed her handgun at Billings and fired several shots, witnesses told police. Talib then grabbed the handgun from his mother and fired a couple of rounds at Billings, according to an arrest warrant. None of the shots struck Billings.

Talib, who has been free since posting $25,000 bail, has "vigorously denied" all charges through a statement from his attorneys. And in a conversation with a former college coach, Talib also implicated his mother as the only person who fired the gun.

Meanwhile, Okolo received an additional charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm and was released after posting a total of $30,000 bail.

.Posted by Rick Stroud at 10:48:35 am on May 27,
« : May 27, 2011, 10:56:04 AM michael89156 »

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #1 : May 27, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »

Parents like that - he never had a chance.  Sad.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 27, 2011, 11:09:38 AM »

Not unexpected really.   Does he have a Dad?  Is he passed away or are his Mom and Dad divorced or ?   Have not read anything on that situation.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 27, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »

The facts did come out, Mr. Perez, because that's what prosecutors have to present to a grand jury in the first place to get an indictment. Don't think prosecutors are going to risk going to trial if the case is flimsy 'cause it's a high profile one. Get ready for a plea agreement at some point in the not-too-distant future so Talib can begin serving his suspension.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 27, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »

The facts did come out, Mr. Perez, because that's what prosecutors have to present to a grand jury in the first place to get an indictment. Don't think prosecutors are going to risk going to trial if the case is flimsy 'cause it's a high profile one. Get ready for a plea agreement at some point in the not-too-distant future so Talib can begin serving his suspension.

I don't know man.  If he agrees to a plea, he just opens the door for a league suspension.  Ih he fights it and gets off, no suspension.  I guess it depends on how strong a case they think they have.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 27, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »

Not unexpected really.   Does he have a Dad?  Is he passed away or are his Mom and Dad divorced or ?   Have not read anything on that situation.

You must not read this forum then.   It was posted here already.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 27, 2011, 11:56:16 AM »

Lost Cause

Lost Cause

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #7 : May 27, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 27, 2011, 12:25:07 PM »

Then again, all he needs is for one juror to believe him since it has to be a unanimous decision to get a conviction.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #9 : May 27, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »

In the words of Raheem Morris talking about Styles G.

"I'll tolerate him until I can replace him"

We can replace Talib, serve your suspension and then come on back. We'll all welcome you with open arms.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 27, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »

You must not read this forum then.   It was posted here already.

You don't read much either I guess. ...It says " the source for inside news on the TB Buccaneers."

Sooo, I'm guessing this site is for fans of the Bucs, which you are not. Apparently you can't read or you would go away like the little pest you are.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 27, 2011, 01:10:20 PM »

In the words of Raheem Morris talking about Styles G.

"I'll tolerate him until I can replace him"

We can replace Talib, serve your suspension and then come on back. We'll all welcome you with open arms.

signed,

Welcome to 2011.
Time to get a DEPENDABLE CB.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 27, 2011, 01:46:29 PM »

@AdamSchefter

An indictment is not a return of guilty -- it just means there's an "official" charge. But no evidence on Aqib Talib's side was presented.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #13 : May 27, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »

Talib is done for.  We all know he did something bad.  Most of us are pretty sure he fired the gun.

Apparently, the prosecutions witnesses and stockpile of evidence is enough to find a verdict of guilty returned.  The prosecution is not going to go for a grand jury unless they are very sure the accused will serve time, or plea out.  Egg on their face does not happen too often, anywhere.  Texas or otherwise.

Looks like the BUcs need to go HARD after Scrabble.  Talib will mos def be unavailable for the next season, and his tenure as a Buc will be over soon.  VERY soon.   I held out hope that he would not have to face a jury, but with the indictment, he is done for.  What a damned waste, and what a damned fool Aqib Talib is, and what a fool his mother is.  Family sounds like a bunch of loons.

Talib is a weed smoking, gun shootin', fist swinging clown.

His sister likes to date guys with criminal backgrounds.

And his mother is a felon who carries a piece.

Fools.  Every single one of them.

Talib is done for.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 27, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »

Wonder what he wants to dance to nowadays?  Clown...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib and Mom indicted « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools