Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib working out with Freeman & company « previous next »
Page: 1

YReceiver14

Starter

« : May 27, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/21413/talib-continues-to-prepare-for-football

Talib continues to prepare for football
By Pat Yasinskas

Tampa Bay cornerback Aqib Talib is expected to be hit with an indictment on an assault charge Friday. But that doesn’t mean anything will be decided soon.

It could take months for Talib’s case to go to trial and the legal system in Texas could decide Talib’s immediate future. Prison is a possibility if he is convicted. He also could be disciplined by the NFL or the Buccaneers, but the league and teams aren’t allowed to issue suspensions or fines during the lockout. The labor stoppage also has put a freeze on player transactions, so the Bucs can’t release Talib while the lockout remains in place.

There are all sorts of variables here and the timing of Talib’s trial and the timing of the end of the lockout could be important factors. But at least in the short term, Talib is preparing for next season.

Teammates said Talib has been coming out to players-only workouts run by quarterback Josh Freeman on a fairly regular basis this offseason. The workouts have been mostly for offensive players, but the teammates said Talib has gone through workouts in the weight room and worked as a wide receiver on the field. The teammates said Talib sometimes will line up at cornerback and shadow receivers on their routes, but no contact is allowed and he's been one of the few defensive players to show up.

Talib was not at the workouts earlier this week. But teammates said he joined them at some earlier sessions.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #1 : May 27, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »

Good job talib, at least he shows up for freeman's workouts, unlike Faine.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #2 : May 27, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »

Talib is a player first, interested in the team's progress first. 

Unions and outside events take second place.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 27, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »

I only wish that he had been in Tampa when his sister had the altercation with her boyfriend, smh. His off the field issues are going to be the death of his career and could possibly land him in jail for the next 10 years.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 28, 2011, 11:22:16 AM »

I only wish that he had been in Tampa when his sister had the altercation with her boyfriend, smh. His off the field issues are going to be the death of his career and could possibly land him in jail for the next 10 years.

Not to be the negative nancy, but if he was in Tampa, yeah he'd still be our starting CB but how exactly would his sister be doing?

That's the only light I can see in this whole dark situation. Yeah, what he did was stupid on ALL kinds of different levels, but he was protecting his sister when it comes down to it.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 28, 2011, 12:03:29 PM »

Too bad he won't be in the NFL next year.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

« #6 : May 28, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »

Not to be the negative nancy, but if he was in Tampa, yeah he'd still be our starting CB but how exactly would his sister be doing?

That's the only light I can see in this whole dark situation. Yeah, what he did was stupid on ALL kinds of different levels, but he was protecting his sister when it comes down to it.

+1

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #7 : May 28, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »

I don't know Talib's sister... and won't pretend to but being one with a sister that seems to thrive on drama, whatever she gets herself into is her business. No way would i allow her nonsense to screw up my career.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 28, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »

I don't know Talib's sister... and won't pretend to but being one with a sister that seems to thrive on drama, whatever she gets herself into is her business. No way would i allow her nonsense to screw up my career.

I've got a brother who has managed to get himself into his fair share of trouble and thank god he hasn't had to pay any harsh repercussions. But he's still family, and if someone threatens him with violence or anything of the sort, I can't say I'd be able to just sit on the sidelines. (Pun intended) I'm not going to go around waving a gun, shooting like a cowboy but I won't just stand by. That's why I can somewhat understand Talib's situation, but that doesn't excuse the stupidity he employed in reacting to the situation.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

« #9 : May 28, 2011, 02:49:30 PM »

I feel te same way Hate, I have three sisters, one stayed with the drama for years. I had to eventually stop getting involved.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #10 : May 28, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »

Everyone is different.... and i respect that. But I would not allow that kind of stuff to screw up my life. It just ain't happening.

I'd be curious to know if the sister is still involved with the guy? I've been the victim of that a time or two.

I feel te same way Hate, I have three sisters, one stayed with the drama for years. I had to eventually stop getting involved.

Exactly!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 28, 2011, 03:16:25 PM »

Everyone is different.... and i respect that. But I would not allow that kind of stuff to screw up my life. It just ain't happening.

I'd be curious to know if the sister is still involved with the guy? I've been the victim of that a time or two.

Exactly!!

I understand how you guys see it and when it is in a situation like Talib's, he would have benefited slightly by taking my way and probably completely by your way. So my question is...why aren't we playing in the NFL?
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib working out with Freeman & company « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools