Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: winslow is a beast « previous next »
Page: 1

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

: May 27, 2011, 08:15:23 PM

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : May 27, 2011, 08:31:41 PM

Look for Stocker to be the #1 tight end on this team in the near future.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 27, 2011, 08:35:57 PM

i agree, but not until winslow is retired.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 27, 2011, 08:36:15 PM

Look for Stocker to be the #1 tight end on this team in the near future.

Honestly, if Stocker turns out to be a good blocker, I'd have no problem starting him over Winslow.  Winslow'd still be playing 20 snaps a game, but from the slot, or the second tight end position.  Our offense seems more versatile with a receiving tight end who can also block, and having Stocker and Winslow on the field at the same time could prove a nightmare for defenses.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#4 : May 27, 2011, 11:22:19 PM

J Dog:  When you say, "Look for Stocker to be the #1 tight end on this team in the near future," what actual time frame do you mean by the term
" near future" ???.  1 Year, 3 years, 5 years???

Thanks for your reply.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 28, 2011, 02:15:03 AM

2 years

How about you man up and make a prediction yourself while we're at it?   And I don't mean a prediction like "you will be wrong".   I mean a real man's prediction where you actually go out on a limb and predict something.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 28, 2011, 02:29:47 AM

2 years

How about you man up and make a prediction yourself while we're at it?   And I don't mean a prediction like "you will be wrong".   I mean a real man's prediction where you actually go out on a limb and predict something.

I know you weren't typing to me, but I'll take the bait.  :D

If you want a prediction, how about this. Stocker will be TB's number one when K2 leaves. Simple as that. I can't give a time frame because I'm no doctor, who knows when that knee will give.

Still. KW2 is a beast though, and two productive years are worth a second given up. Even if he was out tomorrow TB has already gotten most, if not all their worth out of him already. If he stays healthy longer than expected, I'll be wrong and Stocker will be either relegated to only blocking duties or traded/cut before K2 losses out to his knee problems.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#7 : May 28, 2011, 11:29:53 PM

J Dog:  I already made a prediction in April, but  will repeat just to show sporting blood.

The lock-out will last until the players feel an economic pinch.  My prediction is the season will start in mid-October.

You can watch with me as we see how this turns out.

Don't think you are right about Stocker being #1 in 2 yrs.  We can watch that also.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#8 : May 28, 2011, 11:39:39 PM

Winslow reported this past week that his knees are fine and he feels no pain.  Sounds good for a long successful career.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 28, 2011, 11:57:33 PM

LOL, I hope Stocker is better than Winslow. That would be one hell of a player.

For the record, predicting he won't be better than Winslow is no less manly, no less "going out on a limb", than saying he will be. It's the same prediction, only the opposite.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 29, 2011, 12:13:28 AM

For the record, predicting he won't be better than Winslow is no less manly, no less "going out on a limb", than saying he will be. It's the same prediction, only the opposite.

Maybe in your warped sense of reality.    But Winslow was a high first round draft pick and the son of one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history while Stocker was a 4th round pick.    Which one do you think would be the favorite to be the better player?

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 29, 2011, 12:54:31 AM

I guess it doesn't matter. What are you going to do if you're wrong? Nothing. You're not going to get any prize if you're right, either. There's nothing courageous about it when nothing's on the line. You can act like it's this amazing prediction, but it isn't. Your gimmick account does nothing but say the opposite of what is likely. For instance, if someone said the Bucs are from Tampa, you'd argue otherwise. You continuously Skip Bayless every discussion because that's what entertains you. So yeah, you predicting something unlikely is not going out on the limb. It's what you do. But even if it wasn't your thing, there's still no risk. It's like predicting the Panthers to win the Super Bowl. Yeah, you're probably wrong, but if you are, who cares? You were expected to be wrong. If you're right, woot woot, toot the horn. Risk-free, no manliness, etc., etc.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 29, 2011, 01:47:31 AM

I'm not saying it's amazing.   I'm saying it's a prediction.   It's something that others on here are scared to make.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 29, 2011, 02:16:18 AM

I'm not saying it's amazing.   I'm saying it's a prediction.   It's something that others on here are scared to make.

LOL, you're contradicting yourself.

"How about you man up and make a prediction yourself while we're at it?   And I don't mean a prediction like 'you will be wrong'.   I mean a real man's prediction where you actually go out on a limb and predict something."

That's what you said. I'm sure you'd deny it if you could since saying the opposite of reality is your schtick, but scroll upwards and you'll see.

So, yeah, you're not predicting anything amazing, but if someone else predicts, "you will be wrong", that doesn't count as a prediction? All I said was you weren't going out on a limb or being manly or whatever it was you were trying to claim. You were just saying words, meaningless words. Now you're saying that you never implied you were? You sure seemed to think so when you challenged other people to whip it out and write a prediction on it. Your prediction about this is no different than anyone else's prediction about anything. They all end the same way...with everyone forgetting about them until someone bumps it later on down the road.
: May 29, 2011, 02:19:11 AM Naismith

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: winslow is a beast « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools