Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do What Thou Wilt - This is the WHOLE Law « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

: May 28, 2011, 10:34:43 AM

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 28, 2011, 11:15:14 AM

Marilyn Manson? What gives? Try Anton Lavey and what he has done to society and how society adapted to some of his stuff...OBD

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : May 28, 2011, 03:48:18 PM

Just a test.

: May 28, 2011, 03:50:38 PM Illuminator

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 28, 2011, 05:19:24 PM

LaVey's "advice" was to do whatever you want as long as you're not hurting somebody else.

Reading the Satanic Bible in my late teens really woke me up to the hypocritical ways of the church. I had been brainwashed up until that point.

And it was a good read.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 28, 2011, 05:55:54 PM

LaVey's "advice" was to do whatever you want as long as you're not hurting somebody else.

Reading the Satanic Bible in my late teens really woke me up to the hypocritical ways of the church. I had been brainwashed up until that point.

And it was a good read.
Your outrageous...lol...why do you always want to stir the pot...thats right football season hasn't started...Joe be easy...OBD

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#5 : May 28, 2011, 06:58:01 PM

OBD what are you talking about? If you actually watch the video you may see what it is about. Then you will understand what Joe is saying. It has nothing to do with marylin manson.
Joe makes a valid point - and one most ignorant Christians dismiss as nonsensical heresy. The point is that most "Jesus Freaks" have no knowledge as to why they believe the way they do. Their faith is nothing but a sand castle. Your ave Satanist/Atheist knows more about scripture than they do.

HOWEVER (and this is a HUGE however) when you do your homework and thoroughly research religious topics with a clear open mind you will discover a vast amount of verifiable data that reinforces Biblical accounts. Using empiracl scientific reasoning...weigh all the information evenly. There is MORE data to support Christianity than any other belief set ~ of course that is my opinion but it an easy argument for me to defend.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 28, 2011, 07:14:50 PM

OBD what are you talking about? If you actually watch the video you may see what it is about. Then you will understand what Joe is saying. It has nothing to do with marylin manson.
Joe makes a valid point - and one most ignorant Christians dismiss as nonsensical heresy. The point is that most "Jesus Freaks" have no knowledge as to why they believe the way they do. Their faith is nothing but a sand castle. Your ave Satanist/Atheist knows more about scripture than they do.

HOWEVER (and this is a HUGE however) when you do your homework and thoroughly research religious topics with a clear open mind you will discover a vast amount of verifiable data that reinforces Biblical accounts. Using empiracl scientific reasoning...weigh all the information evenly. There is MORE data to support Christianity than any other belief set ~ of course that is my opinion but it an easy argument for me to defend.
I have studied various religions and even yours. I equvilate your deliverance as to bringing meat instead of milk that is why I said what I did. Hoping you would catch that...OBD

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 28, 2011, 07:16:52 PM

There is overwhelming evidence to support that most events in the bible took place, such as, few dispute that there actually was a great flood, or that certain battles took place, certain people actually existed, etc. The explanation of these events, and the stories associated with them is what lacks the scientific support.

For example, the great flood is discussed in numerous religions of antiquity, so it's hard to imagine that a flood did not take place. But did a guy build a boat and put one of every animal on it? Probably not.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 28, 2011, 07:23:17 PM

There is overwhelming evidence to support that most events in the bible took place, such as, few dispute that there actually was a great flood, or that certain battles took place, certain people actually existed, etc. The explanation of these events, and the stories associated with them is what lacks the scientific support.

For example, the great flood is discussed in numerous religions of antiquity, so it's hard to imagine that a flood did not take place. But did a guy build a boat and put one of every animal on it? Probably not.
Can scientific evidence explain faith and the Move of the Lord on a mans heart when he accepts Christ as his Savior?....No scientific evidence is a out that man uses to explain the Devine instead of their faith...This is one argument that is rhetorical and never ending unless you have had a real life experience with Jesus bring that experience to you...OBD

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 28, 2011, 07:37:49 PM

Can scientific evidence explain faith and the Move of the Lord on a mans heart when he accepts Christ as his Savior?....No scientific evidence is a out that man uses to explain the Devine instead of their faith...This is one argument that is rhetorical and never ending unless you have had a real life experience with Jesus bring that experience to you...OBD

What you are explaining is piety, and no, there is not scientific measure for that. Dogma on the other hand, has plenty of scientific evidence available to credit or discredit it's relevancy.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 28, 2011, 07:42:10 PM

What you are explaining is piety, and no, there is not scientific measure for that. Dogma on the other hand, has plenty of scientific evidence available to credit or discredit it's relevancy.
Anyway you want to cut it that makes you feel comfortable is fine with me. I don't walk in your shoes. I just know my walk in my own shoes...OBD

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#11 : May 28, 2011, 08:09:00 PM

Meat instead of milk...yes sir. You nailed it. BTW I just watched the whole series on youtube "know your enemy". They go over the masons, skull and bones, illuminatti, Islam, and the Vatican. All the information seems plausable. I think this is good stuff...
Take a gander at this.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 28, 2011, 08:44:37 PM

And it was a good read.
Your outrageous...lol...why do you always want to stir the pot...thats right football season hasn't started...Joe be easy...OBD

I share about my experiences. If that stirs the pot, so be it.

LaVey was a very interesting guy. Had a lion for a pet. And supposedly was romantically involved with Jane Mansfield.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : May 28, 2011, 11:35:24 PM

HOWEVER (and this is a HUGE however) when you do your homework and thoroughly research religious topics with a clear open mind

"A clear and open mind?" You are one of the most closed-minded people I have ever witnessed.

Using empiracl scientific reasoning...weigh all the information evenly.

You are completely ignorant of scientific method. Instead, your energy is invested with a bias toward discovering anything that confirms the original su**CENSORED**ion. You do not seek to test reality; you seek an empirical foundation that validates self-referential constructions that people are being conspired against and influenced, for example. From the very beginning, your mission is one of discovery, not hypothesis testing.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 29, 2011, 07:00:31 AM

Anyway you want to cut it that makes you feel comfortable is fine with me. I don't walk in your shoes. I just know my walk in my own shoes...OBD

Right on. I can respect that. My only point was that each individual's religious experience does not qualify as confirmation of scripture. There have been very pious individuals in Christian history that have not adhered to strict dogmatism, and there have been extremely dogmatic individuals that lacked true reverence for God.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do What Thou Wilt - This is the WHOLE Law « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools