Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do What Thou Wilt - This is the WHOLE Law « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #15 : May 29, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »

Joe one thing I try to get across to people in the "real world" when this topic arises ~ the satanic ideology sells itself as a utopian idea that is centered around human happiness, AND there would be no problem with it except that it violates Jehovah's law. This law is God's opinion of sexual morality in addition to love.

Remember the Garden of Eden. If Satan had his way none of us would even be here OK, we would have never existed unless God hadn't decided to keep us around for Jesus' sake (we were created through him, by him, and for him...[him = Jesus]). That Jehovah would send him to die (and die in such an embarrassing, dishonourable, & hateful manner that Jesus sweat blood and asked to have it pass away from him) to provide us just a (slim) chance at salvation is a miracle and one the devil never saw coming.
« : May 29, 2011, 07:26:59 AM OneTruth »

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #16 : May 29, 2011, 03:27:39 PM »

...to provide us just a (slim) chance at salvation

A slim chance??

Oh, that's right the JWs believe only 144,000 will go to Heaven. Well, with those odds why bother?

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #17 : May 29, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »

Actually I was referencing Peter where he wrote "...if the righteous are being saved with great difficulty then where will the ungodly man or unbeliever make a stand?"

and Jesus "...the road to life is cramped and narrow and few are the ones finding it, whereas broad and spacious is the road to destruction and many will easiliy find it."

And I dont believe that only 144,000 will go to heaven, but most people that are saved will be resurected on this earth in this body.

God made Adam on the earth and angels in the heaven. Of what consequence is the earth if everything just ends up in heaven. God's original purpose was to have man on the earth foever.
« : May 29, 2011, 03:50:47 PM OneTruth »

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #18 : May 29, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »

God's original purpose was to have man on the earth forever.

So you KNOW God's purpose. Interesting, even Jesus said he didn't know God's full purpose and plan. You are super special
« : May 29, 2011, 03:54:30 PM John Galt? »

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #19 : May 29, 2011, 03:53:38 PM »

Show me where Jesus said that

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #20 : May 29, 2011, 03:55:13 PM »

I remember where he said he didnt know the time or the hour when the end will take place, yet he knew there definately will be an END.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #21 : May 29, 2011, 04:24:31 PM »

Mark 13:32-"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."

Also "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" implies he did not know all the details

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #22 : May 29, 2011, 04:26:40 PM »

I remember where he said he didnt know the time or the hour when the end will take place, yet he knew there definately will be an END.

moving the goal posts.

I said he didn't know the "full purpose and plan" and now you backpedal with "he definitely knew some of it". Meanwhile you implied the you knew "God's original purpose".
« : May 29, 2011, 04:28:45 PM John Galt? »

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #23 : May 29, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »

Well, to put it bluntly that is the problem with ignorant men that imagine themselves great thinkers. I am speaking of a basic elementary teaching in the Bible - not a fantastic "detail" as you so elegantly propose. You got it all wrong~  again

I never said I knew all the minute details. Nobody knows everything - especially you.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #24 : May 29, 2011, 09:50:14 PM »

God's original purpose was to have man on the earth foever.
Well, to put it bluntly that is the problem with ignorant men that imagine themselves great thinkers.

You just don't ever see it do you? Your own hypocrisy, I mean.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #25 : May 30, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »

ig·no·rant
   /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled[ig-ner-uhnt]
–adjective
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned; uneducated:

Really?? I am willing to compare Resume's any day. Schools attended, Degrees earned, professional education, books read, licenses, certifications and professional designations earned.

Bring it on.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #26 : May 30, 2011, 06:51:30 PM »

compare whatever you want - doesnt change what you are pertaining to this topic. IGNORANT

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #27 : June 02, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »

Why did the phrase "I know you are but what am I?" spring to mind...?  Ah yes, a childish phrase - now I remember...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #28 : June 11, 2011, 07:55:41 AM »

dbuc~ just continue doing what tho wilt bro...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #29 : June 11, 2011, 07:59:13 AM »

and you call the police if someone scares or upsets you - and Thomas - not your 'bro'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do What Thou Wilt - This is the WHOLE Law « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools