Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For the Bucs and Madden fans out there « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 30, 2011, 10:50:05 PM

Whatever happened to NavyBuc?

he had a few names after that.  i have a hunch that beetles123 is navybuc.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 30, 2011, 10:54:55 PM

it's sad really that java cant just agree  to disagree on raheem and root for him to do well. i really wish instead of having something contrarry to say every time something good is posted i wish he'd just say "I don't agree with rah personally but it's good yo see him doing well and it seems like he knows what he's trying to do." instead he just wants to be...well...mean about him. =/

Every time an article goes up praising the team, java craps all over it....

I welcome the disagreement, don't even have a problem with his "Hate" for Raheem. Its the constant infusion of every thread with bullisht that i have a problem with. Dude is a attention whore like i've never seen.... thankfully, i don't see it much.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 30, 2011, 11:05:16 PM

I know it would sound like something he'd say, but no, i'm not. lol. Navybuc was Perma-banned after he made a rumor about josh smoking weed. you can find it if you search i'm sure.

Well, Java, it's just that it's not that you dissagree, it's the manner in which you present those disagreements. it's rather depressing EVERY TIME some bit of news comes along you rip the team to bits. i can almost set my watch by it. it's like you refuse to even try and love this team/. it just gets a bit hard for me to enjoy a topic without all the negativaty brealing out. i know it's your opinion, but i think you do take it WAY too far at times. All i wanna do is enjoy the team with fellow fans, but every topic almost, you're the ONLY one who speaks pessemisticly of everything aside from a few others. I can accept the opinions you have, but it gets old to see it every topic, to such extremes, every time.

But, i do appreciate the cover! :D
: May 30, 2011, 11:09:12 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 31, 2011, 09:49:54 PM

This is what is bad about this board the Threads go so far off topic it's annoying...

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#34 : May 31, 2011, 09:52:55 PM

How was it off topic for me to post other Madden covers?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 03, 2011, 02:59:10 PM

Nobody likes the Twister Sister 7up retro cover?   

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 03, 2011, 05:00:39 PM

Nobody likes the Twister Sister 7up retro cover?   

I thought it was amusing. But the Trueblood cover took the cake!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 03, 2011, 08:20:18 PM

So back to Madden....anyone see the video on "clutch" players today? They used Tom Brady as an example, but said a clutch QB will boost his own stats as well as his O-line and receivers in certain situations.

Does 5 fourth quarter come backs in his first full year starting qualify Freeman as clutch?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 03, 2011, 08:55:43 PM

I would think a "clutch" QB would be able to lead his team to the playoffs at least.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 03, 2011, 09:26:25 PM

I would think a "clutch" QB would be able to lead his team to the playoffs at least.

why?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 03, 2011, 09:29:23 PM

why not?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 03, 2011, 10:07:46 PM

why not?

Because clutch moments, while having sway on win-loss records, don't necessarily have anything to do with the playoffs. Say a QB gets to the playoffs every year and wins multiple championships but his team beats every other team by a boatload of points. There is no evidence he is a clutch QB. Now say a QB has any sort of record over .500 (preferably a couple over as to not ruin the argument) and every win is a result of a 4th quarter drive but that team doesn't make the playoffs every year. That QB would be known as a clutch QB because in situations where the team was down and  the game was left in there hands at the end, they succeeded. Football is a team sport after all and one man cannot do everything for a team. This doesn't sound as lavish as it should but the fact that 4th quarter comebacks are few and far between in the NFL only adds to their weight.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 03, 2011, 10:21:15 PM

In my opinion, clutch QB's step up in clutch games where the playoffs are on the line.  And they win.   I don't consider coming back at home against the lowly Cleveland Browns when their QB is hurt to be clutch.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 03, 2011, 11:06:11 PM

In my opinion, clutch QB's step up in clutch games where the playoffs are on the line.  And they win.   I don't consider coming back at home against the lowly Cleveland Browns when their QB is hurt to be clutch.

So how many clutch QB's could their possibly be along those lines? The only time when the playoffs can be on the line is if it comes down to the last game of the season and how often does that happen? There's no way to anticipate what other teams will do and the playoffs can't be truly "on the line" if there is another chance the next week. So, unless it is the final game and the team is still in contention or if a loss would mean being eliminated from the playoff run, then it cannot be a clutch game if I'm understanding you correctly.

Well, along those lines.

Games where Bucs faced elimination from the playoffs with Josh Freeman at QB: W/L 1-0
Final games of the season where wins meant staying alive in the playoff run with Freeman at QB: W/L 1-0
Sometimes, the pieces are right but everything else around it just doesn't come together.

So, unless you want to get more specific, Josh Freeman is a clutch QB by both our standards.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 04, 2011, 12:44:45 AM

Games where Bucs faced elimination from the playoffs with Josh Freeman at QB: W/L 1-0
Final games of the season where wins meant staying alive in the playoff run with Freeman at QB: W/L 1-0

If he won that final game and they really had a chance at the playoffs, they would be in the playoffs.   They never really had a shot because they lost to the Lions at home.   

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For the Bucs and Madden fans out there « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools