Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden could be off MNF « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 30, 2011, 11:35:27 PM

I think he'd do well in college, despite having a history of not being able to teach young players. In college, talent trumps coaching and I think he'd recruit well on name value. That said, I don't think Gruden's going to accept a college job ever. He's going to come back with an NFL team that feels like it's in position to make a run with a different coach.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#16 : May 31, 2011, 02:52:31 AM

Gruden's son is a senior in HS. I'd be surprised he'd jump now particularly considering he's pulling full pay.

I've heard he's waiting till his son graduates before he returns to coaching.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 29, 2012, 08:55:25 PM

Gruden to Saints, Payton to Dallas

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 29, 2012, 09:14:14 PM

Somebody on the radio mentioned today that there was some further talk about Gruden going to Tennessee (Vols).

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 29, 2012, 10:22:08 PM

Not a big Gru fan, and can't imagine him working with a bunch of young kids.  Recruiting trips to the parents homes? I think he waits for a good NFL job, or just stays in the booth.

IMO, the collegiate ranks would be perfect for him as he's a "rock star" and would be able to charm the youngins. Also, those same players would be gone before he had a chance to wear on them.

Maybe he can stay home and rescue USF from Skip Holtz and bring big time football to Tampa. Perfect PR move for USF

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 29, 2012, 10:29:21 PM

Gruden to Saints, Payton to Dallas

That Eagles job could be open too, I could see Gru there.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : October 29, 2012, 10:36:09 PM

I think Gru is the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next year.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#22 : October 29, 2012, 10:53:33 PM

Whoever he coaches is def my new team for good until he goes somewhere else.
PAHLEASE Gruden! Go somewhere quick!!

bamabucs

Starter

#23 : October 30, 2012, 12:01:24 AM

Eagles could be the perfect fit for Gruden even though he may prefer San Diego or Dallas.

AJ Smith likes complete control over personnel decisions in San Diego. Jerry Jones needs a "yes man" more than a control freak for a coach. Eagles' owner is the only one that lets coaches do their jobs and their current GM is a puppet of Reid anyways, so he will be likely canned along with Reid.

m_j

Starter

#24 : October 30, 2012, 05:41:20 AM

I've heard many times he is actually waiting for San Diego to fire Norv. (and AJ Smith)
This way or another it would be a good fit for him

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#25 : October 30, 2012, 12:28:23 PM

Gruden will win 3 super bowls with his next team in 5 yrs

Please leave, thank you

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 30, 2012, 01:01:52 PM

Three jobs could be open that will have Gruden salivating. San Diego, Philly, and Dallas.

San Diego - Positives - San Diego has a QB that still has probably 5 good years on him. Great weather. Could be on the move to LA within the next few years. Negatives - Fan Base that could care less about coming out to games.
Philly - Positives - One of the more popular franchises. Will have many primetime games. Pretty decent ownership. Talent on all levels of the roster. Negatives - The fan base, no QB for the future.
Dallas - Positives - Coverage, upon coverage, upon coverage. A QB that he loves and might have a few years left to turn it around. A lot of young talent. The best facilities. Negatives - Jerry Jones

I think we would do anything to coach a team as popular as the Cowboys. Jerry Jones being the meddler that he is, could be an issue....but as much as I hate the cows...I would be very intrigued at Gruden coaching there.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 30, 2012, 01:05:31 PM

Yea I could see him in any of those places Chace.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 30, 2012, 04:34:43 PM

I'd wager on Dallas because Jerry would give him whatever he asked for to get back to the big game.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 30, 2012, 05:00:10 PM

has jerry done that? jerry does not hire coaches bigger then him.. didnt work out last time for him.

if that job comes open in philly.. Gruden is there.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden could be off MNF « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools