Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden could be off MNF « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 30, 2012, 08:40:24 PM

Three jobs could be open that will have Gruden salivating. San Diego, Philly, and Dallas.

San Diego - Positives - San Diego has a QB that still has probably 5 good years on him

Have you watch this guy play over the past few yrs?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 30, 2012, 08:57:12 PM

Three jobs could be open that will have Gruden salivating. San Diego, Philly, and Dallas.

San Diego - Positives - San Diego has a QB that still has probably 5 good years on him

5 good years meaning that he should be able to play at the same level that he has for 5 more years.

Anyway, he still has the talent to be a good QB, maybe a coaching change could do him good. I would still take Rivers over half of the QBs in the league...so would Gru.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 30, 2012, 10:15:43 PM

5 good years meaning that he should be able to play at the same level that he has for 5 more years.

Anyway, he still has the talent to be a good QB, maybe a coaching change could do him good. I would still take Rivers over half of the QBs in the league...so would Gru.

The level he has played at over the past few yrs has been garbage. As for top 16, lemme see:

Brady
Brees
Eli
Rodgers
Peyton
Ben
Ryan
Freeman
Flacco
Luck
RG3
Dalton
Schaub
Cutler

and i probably forgot a name or two

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 30, 2012, 10:21:52 PM

Cutler?   You put Cutler there?  Freeman, Dalton, and Flacco are iffy too, at least off the top of my head.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 30, 2012, 11:03:57 PM

Cutler?   You put Cutler there?  Freeman, Dalton, and Flacco are iffy too, at least off the top of my head.

Today, Oct 30, 2012, i would take all of those guys over Rivers. He is turrrrrrible!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 30, 2012, 11:17:34 PM

The level he has played at over the past few yrs has been garbage. As for top 16, lemme see:

Brady
Brees
Eli
Rodgers
Peyton
Ben
Ryan
Freeman
Flacco
Luck
RG3
Dalton
Schaub
Cutler

Other options could be Romo, Stafford, Bradford....

Rivers played well from 2008-2010. He had an off year last year...and has nothing to work with this year. I would still take him over Cutler, Dalton(so far), and the three I just named.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 31, 2012, 12:22:03 PM

Brady
Brees
Eli
Rodgers
Peyton
Ben
Ryan
Freeman
Flacco
Luck
RG3
Dalton
Schaub
Cutler

Other options could be Romo, Stafford, Bradford....

Rivers played well from 2008-2010. He had an off year last year...and has nothing to work with this year. I would still take him over Cutler, Dalton(so far), and the three I just named.

Rivers looks slow as hell out there, I don't know if he put on weight, or is just aging, but dude looks like a statue.  He never was very mobile, but now?   OMG

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 31, 2012, 12:27:01 PM

Gruden in Dallas sounds like perfection

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 31, 2012, 12:33:05 PM

Gruden in Dallas sounds like perfection

For who?   The rest of the NFC East?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 31, 2012, 01:30:08 PM

Rivers looks slow as hell out there, I don't know if he put on weight, or is just aging, but dude looks like a statue.  He never was very mobile, but now?   OMG

I was just telling someone that recently... dude looks 'husky'.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 31, 2012, 01:33:18 PM

Not a big Gru fan, and can't imagine him working with a bunch of young kids.  Recruiting trips to the parents homes? I think he waits for a good NFL job, or just stays in the booth.

IMO, the collegiate ranks would be perfect for him as he's a "rock star" and would be able to charm the youngins. Also, those same players would be gone before he had a chance to wear on them.

Gruden hates young football players.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 31, 2012, 08:57:55 PM

Not a big Gru fan, and can't imagine him working with a bunch of young kids.  Recruiting trips to the parents homes? I think he waits for a good NFL job, or just stays in the booth.

IMO, the collegiate ranks would be perfect for him as he's a "rock star" and would be able to charm the youngins. Also, those same players would be gone before he had a chance to wear on them.

Agree.  I think he waits for a plum job, good team, good QB, playoff quality team.  I don't see him taking on a project team.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 31, 2012, 10:40:33 PM

Agree.  I think he waits for a plum job, good team, good QB, playoff quality team.  I don't see him taking on a project team.

Because we know teams not  named Tampa do that all the time right?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 31, 2012, 10:43:26 PM

Because we know teams not  named Tampa do that all the time right?

When the owner thinks the coaching staff is not getting it done,  it happens.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 31, 2012, 10:45:20 PM

Well, Jeff Lurie hired Gruden to be the Offensive Coordinator of the Eagles shortly after he bought the team back in '94. Reid is toast after this season unless he pulls one out of his you know what.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden could be off MNF « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools