Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 50 Best Teams in NFL History « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#60 : June 01, 2011, 05:00:32 PM

By the way, the Bucs would have not won that SB if Gruden didn't know Oakland's terminology and signals. If you wanna talk about cheating, now that's cheating. There were no solid evidence of the Patriots video taping any SB practices, so if you buy that, then you're just as a moron as I am.
The AFC sucked in 2002. The Raiders were tremendously overrated. The real Super Bowl was played in Philadelphia the week before.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#61 : June 01, 2011, 11:02:14 PM

Very questionable list. 85 Bears were a great team, but the best of the Super Bowl era? Not sure I'd rate them in the top five.. as someone else mentioned, the offense was not so great. Hell, I'd put all four Steelers teams from the 70's in front of the 85 Bears for starters most likely.

02 Bucs should be higher, at least in the low 20's.. that defense was just amazing.

And the 01 Patriots were a good team, but they should thank the 99 Bucs for showing them how to deal with the Rams offense. Always bugs me that Belichick got his 'genius' label based on that game when his defense essentially did the same things the Bucs did in the 99 championship game against the 'Greatest Show on Turf'. And we did it better. I still wonder what would have happened if Dilfer had not have broken his clavicle in the Seattle game. Dungy really held the reins tightly on King - and with good reason. I think with Dilfer in there we might have taken a few more chances downfield a bit earlier in the game.. who knows. Regardless, what an amazing performance by the 99 defense in that game.

Damn, I love Dungy for what he did for the Buccaneers, but oh what could have been if he hadn't been so stubborn about the offense. Les Steckel, we hardly knew ye. Also, just a bit disheartening to think two Buc defenses (99, 05) turned in such outstanding games in the playoffs and lost due to struggling offenses. While the 05 game against the Redskins was likely the most impressive game by a defense in a playoff game stat-wise, it still pales in comparison to the job the 99 team did against the Rams.

Bellicheck reputation really came from his years as the Giants DC.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#62 : June 01, 2011, 11:07:23 PM

By the way, the Bucs would have not won that SB if Gruden didn't know Oakland's terminology and signals. If you wanna talk about cheating, now that's cheating. There were no solid evidence of the Patriots video taping any SB practices, so if you buy that, then you're just as a moron as I am.

You have one of those fabulous bleacher report links you like to post with this kind of stirring working knowledge? Or is this in line with the same thought process that didn't quite get what John Elway was saying?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

NovaBuc

Starter

#63 : June 02, 2011, 08:30:46 PM

Bellicheck reputation really came from his years as the Giants DC.

While he did have a reputation then, it was pretty damaged by how poorly he performed in Cleveland as head coach. He was able to rehab it some with Parcells as his d coordinator with the Patriots and Jets, but the way he f'd over the Jets to become the Patriots head coach didn't do him any favors. The 'genius' label didn't really become prominent again until that Super Bowl win.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 50 Best Teams in NFL History « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools