Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL.com guys pick their QB to start a franchise with. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : June 01, 2011, 07:25:17 PM

LMAO.... i'm sure the rebuttal included an extreme amount of tap dancing, the likes of which Sammie Davis would appreciate.

Open your eyes and read the post that was posted right above yours 7 minutes before you posted.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 01, 2011, 07:26:46 PM

How is it contradictory to say that the guy doesn't know what he's talking about when he says he can't believe someone would say Bradford is better than Freeman.   Bradford has only played one season - his rookie season - and his rookie season was better than Freeman's rookie season.   So of course it's easy to see why they would pick Bradford over Freeman.   It's easy to see why they'd pick Bradford over Tebow as well given the head to head results from their rookie seasons.    Bradford is an extreme exception as a huge success as a rookie.   Matt Ryan is the only other guy to have near that success recently as a rookie.   Freeman's success as a rookie was minimal.

Just because I can easily see why they would pick Bradford over Freeman right now doesn't mean they won't be picking Tebow over both of them in a couple of years.

I don't understand how comparing their rookie seasons settles anything? Unless you take the players stats and accolades as a whole, then you're just picking and choosing to make a biased argument. Anyone can say, "Hey, well Freeman's rookie year was no where near Trent Edwards rookie year" or well "Freeman had a horrible first year and Peyton Manning had a great third year, so he's better." It's all or nothing and even with Freeman's bad first year, I believe he still trumps Bradford's successful rookie year with his accumulation of achievements in the NFL. It does work both ways though, Bradford only has one year in the NFL and it's all we have to base it on, so in my mind, he's up there with all the good young QB's. It's all just a matter of preference.

The guy said this:

How anyone could choose Bradford over Freeman blows my mind.

It's pretty easy to see why some people would choose Bradford over Freeman.   (for the reasons we've already discussed)

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#32 : June 01, 2011, 07:51:57 PM

How about we compare their first FULL season as a starter. Freeman was younger than Bradford last season as well. Anyone who tries to compare an unprepared Freeman in 2009 with a makeshift playbook to Bradford in 2010 who had all offseason to prepare is just a TROLL and nothing else. If we want to compare Tebow in 2010 to Freeman in 09 than maybe but Freeman in 2009 destroyed Tebow in 2010. Freeman beat the Super Bowl Champions in their own house with a hell of a comeback victory, Burst on to the scene and Beat the 2010 Super Bowl Champions with one hell of a comeback victory down 11, something Gruden could never do (Comeback from 2 scores down) until his 7th season Freeman does in his 1st Start. Let the Tap dancing begin.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 01, 2011, 07:54:47 PM

You can't compare the first full season of a non rookie compared to the first full season of a rookie.   It's apples vs. oranges.    When your first full season comes in your second year, you've had a ton more preparation.   Hell some QB's first full season (like Aaron Rodgers) doesn't come until they've been in the league a few years.   Those guys are at far more advantage over a rookie playing a full season.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#34 : June 01, 2011, 07:55:35 PM

BS. An unprepared Freeman is still better than Tebow.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 01, 2011, 07:56:22 PM

What does that have to do with Bradford having a better rookie year than Freeman?

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#36 : June 01, 2011, 08:01:50 PM

In their first 16 games they both posted an 8-8 record while Freeman played with mostly Rookies. You are considered a Rookie QB in the NFL until you have started 16 games no matter when. Ask any good Football Coach. Lets see if Bradford can go 10-6 this season.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 01, 2011, 08:03:11 PM

Nope.  Once you have that first full year with the team, your rookie season is over.   It's your own fault if you shine the pine for half of it learning the offense.

It's not like Freeman had superstar QB's to beat out his rookie season.   But he wasn't the starter day one because Heemy felt he wasn't ready to be an NFL QB.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 01, 2011, 08:10:34 PM

And another thread derailed by POINTLESS debate....Can't we all just get along? Of course this would be easier if----screw it, java never listens.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#39 : June 01, 2011, 08:14:27 PM

Nope.  Once you have that first full year with the team, your rookie season is over.   It's your own fault if you shine the pine for half of it learning the offense.

It's not like Freeman had superstar QB's to beat out his rookie season.   But he wasn't the starter day one because Heemy felt he wasn't ready to be an NFL QB.
Freeman won 3 times as many games and had twice as many TD passes as Tebow in their "ROOKIE" seasons. Tebow Sucks Lady Boy **CENSORED**.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 01, 2011, 08:26:24 PM

What does that have to do with Bradford having a better rookie year than Freeman?

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#41 : June 01, 2011, 08:34:09 PM

Tebow Sucks. Bradford will not win 10 games this year guaranteed. I will put any amount of money you want on it. Freeman won 10 games his 2nd year. Also Tebow will never win 10 games as a starter other than at Florida. Tebow just **CENSORED**in Blows hard.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 01, 2011, 08:35:42 PM

I don't know about Bradford since I don't know much about their schedule or current roster.   But I do know that Freeman won't win 10 games this year.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#43 : June 01, 2011, 08:43:31 PM

FREEMAN > bradford

FREEMAN > tebow

FREEMAN > ryan

end of story, go be a rams, bronco or a falcon fan.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 01, 2011, 10:21:31 PM

I don't know about Bradford since I don't know much about their schedule or current roster.   But I do know that Freeman won't win 10 games this year.
right my good friend....he'll win at least 12....not counting playoff games and the sb.....so maybe 15 16 all together.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL.com guys pick their QB to start a franchise with. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools