Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib case: Arrest affidavit snippets with Billings', neighbor's accounts « previous next »
Page: 1 2

YReceiver14

Starter

« : June 01, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=48823

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #1 : June 01, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »

Just read it...   there is nothing that makes Talib a part of this issue - except Billings statement.

It's all done...   

Don't screw this up - Aqib.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #2 : June 01, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »

So the witness never saw aqib with a gun but she saw billings walk from the woods with a gun, So did aqib take billings gun and tried to pistol whip him with it?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #3 : June 01, 2011, 08:30:43 PM »

So the witness never saw aqib with a gun

Actually, didn't Talib's mother say that Talib had the gun?   She could count as a witness.   

YReceiver14

Starter

« #4 : June 01, 2011, 08:43:18 PM »

So the witness never saw aqib with a gun but she saw billings walk from the woods with a gun, So did aqib take billings gun and tried to pistol whip him with it?

I believe it was Talib's gun to begin with.  Billings obtained it in the course of the struggle.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #5 : June 01, 2011, 08:49:39 PM »

So the witness never saw aqib with a gun

Actually, didn't Talib's mother say that Talib had the gun?   She could count as a witness.

No she did not, she said he MAY have, which also could mean he may have not had a gun, which mean I DON'T KNOW.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #6 : June 01, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »

Billings told detectives that while Aqib was swinging the gun at him, it slipped out of his hand and hit a wooden fence. Billings advised he and Aqib ran for the gun, but he got to it first and picked it up. Billings stated the gun was jammed and when Aqib saw this he continued attempting to fight him

So Billings tried to shoot Aqib but the gun was jammed? Old boy is luuuucky. Anyways, if Talib is now weaponless and Billings shoots him, is that still self defense, even if it's Talib's gun in the first place?

Hearing all of this evidence, how exactly was Aqib indicted on these charges? The ONLY person who said he even handled a gun was Billings, upwards of 17 to 19 neighbors (according to Aqib's lawyer, the police report has one witness saying this as well) never saw him with a gun let alone firing one.
« : June 01, 2011, 09:19:40 PM Captain Hindsight »

Tracktion

Second String

« #7 : June 01, 2011, 10:05:02 PM »

I'll take just 3 or 4 saying he didn't have one. Reasonable doubt is all you need. Glad to hear and I hope if he does plea and gets a 4 game vacation we keep him here.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #8 : June 01, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »

Talib is a goon.  His mother is a liar.  And Billings, who has an extensive criminal record, is DATING Aqibs sister?

What a wonderful, peaceful, caring family.

And Java is a smart poster.

Sarcasm is a wonderful tool.

gillen033

Starter

« #9 : June 02, 2011, 12:30:00 AM »

The main problem here is that Aqib and his mother are giving conflicting reports of what happened, so obviously one or both are lying about the story, which implies they are trying to hide something. Also they lied and changed their individual stories of what happened several times. Billings story goes along with what witnesses reported and the physical evidence, according to the affidavit.

If you are a police officer, who are you going to believe? The person who's story remained consistent throughout questioning and matches eyewitness accounts and other evidence, or the people who were caught in several lies and gave conflicting reports?

With that said, personally I don't see how there is enough evidence to convict Talib of anything. If the only other witness besides the people involved was this neighbor, and she can't confirm that Aqib fired a gun, then Billings is the only witness. Unless they get one of the family members to testify against him, which seems unlikely, it doesn't appear they have a compelling case. Of course, I'm just a layman, so what do I know?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #10 : June 02, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »

The main problem here is that Aqib and his mother are giving conflicting reports of what happened, so obviously one or both are lying about the story, which implies they are trying to hide something. Also they lied and changed their individual stories of what happened several times. Billings story goes along with what witnesses reported and the physical evidence, according to the affidavit.

If you are a police officer, who are you going to believe? The person who's story remained consistent throughout questioning and matches eyewitness accounts and other evidence, or the people who were caught in several lies and gave conflicting reports?

With that said, personally I don't see how there is enough evidence to convict Talib of anything. If the only other witness besides the people involved was this neighbor, and she can't confirm that Aqib fired a gun, then Billings is the only witness. Unless they get one of the family members to testify against him, which seems unlikely, it doesn't appear they have a compelling case. Of course, I'm just a layman, so what do I know?

Good points Sir.  I believe Moms is an ex-felon or on probation or something, so she is trying to cover her azz, without throwing her boy under the bus. You can hear her walking the tightrope in her statements. You may be right, Billings with all his baggage, may be the most credible of all of them.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #11 : June 02, 2011, 01:46:53 AM »

Talib is a goon.  His mother is a liar.  And Billings, who has an extensive criminal record, is DATING Aqibs sister?

What a wonderful, peaceful, caring family.

And Java is a smart poster.

Sarcasm is a wonderful tool.

Sure is Boid.

Sarcasm aside, Talib is a goon. However, I do tend to feel slightly worse about throwing the guy under the bus with the way his mother has seemingly always acted. It's really a miracle that he got this far in life. It's easy to judge him if you've had a loving, law abiding family. Initially I couldn't understand why Talib was the way he was. Then I learned of his mother.

Now that all this has happened to him, maybe, just maybe the guy disowns the crappy part of his family. If he has any sense at all he has to know that they (especially mom) will eventually doom him. Let his sister fight her own troubles she gets herself into and love mom from a (great) distance until she ever gets herself "fixed."

One question I have though. If Talib is cleared and the Bucs do attempt to keep him barring 4 or more game suspension, can they wait until Goodell's decision is handed down before they boot him? ..Or will Rahminik have to guess that he will be suspended and deal accordingly?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #12 : June 02, 2011, 01:50:04 AM »

No she did not, she said he MAY have, which also could mean he may have not had a gun, which mean I DON'T KNOW.

If she wanted to say he didn't have a gun, that would have been easier.  After all, she is his MOM.   For her not to immediately say he's completely innocent speaks volumes.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #13 : June 02, 2011, 02:16:37 AM »

If she wanted to say he didn't have a gun, that would have been easier.  After all, she is his MOM.   For her not to immediately say he's completely innocent speaks volumes.

As F'ed up as she is, you would trust her testimony 100%?

Please don't ever be in a jury. You'd get some poor guy fried.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #14 : June 02, 2011, 02:32:10 AM »

There were two guns involved in the incident, and BOTH were registered in Talib's name. He is responsible for them and they didn't get there on their own. The Bucs need to make other plans for our defensive backfield. Talib won't be available anytime soon.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib case: Arrest affidavit snippets with Billings', neighbor's accounts « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools