Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden never went 3 years in a row without making the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

: June 04, 2011, 09:22:17 PM

Since Raheem failed to make the playoffs his first 2 years, if he doesn't make the playoffs in his 3rd season, should he be fired?     Or should the team just accept mediocrity and let him continue to miss the playoffs year after year?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 04, 2011, 09:27:31 PM

That is the point your missing. It's not about patching things up every year and trying to sneak into the playoffs yet another year.

It's about building a lasting contender for years to come, and that is exactly what Dom and Morris are doing.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 04, 2011, 09:45:48 PM

TROLOLOLOLOLO, LOLOLO, LOLOLO TROLOLOLOLOLO!

How did you think we would respond, java?...I normally don't try and hate on you, I just speak dissaprovingly of you in most cases, but you KNEW the backlash this would get before you made it...I'm sorry, but I can't give you the benifit of the doubt on this one.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 04, 2011, 09:51:58 PM

TROLOLOLOLOLO, LOLOLO, LOLOLO TROLOLOLOLOLO!

How did you think we would respond, java?...I normally don't try and hate on you, I just speak dissaprovingly of you in most cases, but you KNEW the backlash this would get before you made it...I'm sorry, but I can't give you the benifit of the doubt on this one.

Why would you ever?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 04, 2011, 10:07:49 PM

I'm a nice guy and i don't want anyone to get banned at heart...but java's been pushing it and I don't think the mods will give him much more room.....I do keep in touch with them, lately its hard not to want measures taken. but at the same time it hurts me because i know he's deep down a nice person...but his behaviour has gone on too long, i feel.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 04, 2011, 10:08:17 PM

Since Raheem failed to make the playoffs his first 2 years, if he doesn't make the playoffs in his 3rd season, should he be fired?  Nope

Or should the team just accept mediocrity and let him continue to miss the playoffs year after year?  Nope
You have to be more interesting Java. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 04, 2011, 10:17:57 PM

Java is awesome man, he sent me a pic a long time ago of himself.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 04, 2011, 10:20:43 PM

LOL!

NovaBuc

Starter

#8 : June 04, 2011, 10:27:47 PM

Gruden's largest increase in victories from one year to the next was 6, Raheem's is 7. Raheem wins.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 05, 2011, 12:04:58 AM

Gruden's largest increase in victories from one year to the next was 6, Raheem's is 7. Raheem wins.

Had Raheem himself not caused that pathetic 3-13 season, I'd agree with you.    But really he went from a 9-7 team that beat a lot of teams with winning records to a 10-6 team that beat one team with a winning record.

So you guys don't seem to care if the Bucs make the playoffs.   As long as they keep bringing in young rookies with "potential", you guys are dazzled.    It's too bad most of Tampa doesn't agree with that way of thinking or the games wouldn't be blacked out.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 05, 2011, 12:09:32 AM

Had Raheem himself not caused that pathetic 3-13 season, I'd agree with you.    But really he went from a 9-7 team that beat a lot of teams with winning records to a 10-6 team that beat one team with a winning record.

So you guys don't seem to care if the Bucs make the playoffs.   As long as they keep bringing in young rookies with "potential", you guys are dazzled.    It's too bad most of Tampa doesn't agree with that way of thinking or the games wouldn't be blacked out.

Ya your winning me over.  Lets go back to signing over the hill free agents and journeymen QB's.    Who needs a franchise QB?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDog

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 05, 2011, 12:10:41 AM

They already have a franchise QB.   The players are there to win NOW.   If Raheem isn't a good enough coach to win with these players Dominik has assembled, he may need to be replaced.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 05, 2011, 12:20:00 AM

They already have a franchise QB.   The players are there to win NOW.   If Raheem isn't a good enough coach to win with these players Dominik has assembled, he may need to be replaced.

Oh hell, two seasons already with a bunch of rookies, and no Lombardi?    Can his azz.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDog

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 05, 2011, 12:29:11 AM

Not asking for a Lombardi.  Asking for him to make the playoffs.    If Gruden can make the playoffs with Chris Simms, Carnell Williams, Michael Clayton, Joey Galloway and Anthony Becht at the offensive skill positions, shouldn't the current team be able to make the playoffs with Josh Freeman, LeGarrette Blount, Mike Williams, Arrelious Benn, and  Kellen Winslow at the skill positions?   By the way, 2005 was the first year for Chris Simms as a starter, Caddy was a rookie and Clayton was quite young as well - so youth can't be an excuse.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 05, 2011, 12:31:07 AM

Not asking for a Lombardi.  Asking for him to make the playoffs.    If Gruden can make the playoffs with Chris Simms, Carnell Williams, Michael Clayton, Joey Galloway and Anthony Becht at the offensive skill positions, shouldn't the current team be able to make the playoffs with Josh Freeman, LeGarrette Blount, Mike Williams, Arrelious Benn, and  Kellen Winslow at the skill positions?   By the way, 2005 was the first year for Chris Simms as a starter, Caddy was a rookie and Clayton was quite young as well - so youth can't be an excuse.

One word.............DEFENSE

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden never went 3 years in a row without making the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools