Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud to the Jags? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#60 : June 10, 2011, 12:02:19 PM

I'm not really a big Ruud fan.  He's ok.   What I don't get is why people rag on the guy though.  He's without a doubt one of the best players on the Bucs D.   

fishdaddy218

Second String

#61 : June 10, 2011, 02:10:01 PM

I don't really post a lot, just a season ticket holder that tends to read the boards from time to time. I live here in St. Augustine and run a small business in the heart of Jax. FWIW, one of my frequent customers is a very prominent Jaguars defensive end (that was almost traded to us in 09 before the deadline hint, hint). I talked to him about Ruud and he spoke quite glowingly about Ruud and what he meant to our defense. I personally think we can definitely upgrade at the position but it was pretty neat to get a NFL players prospective on him. I got the feeling that if Ruud hit the Market this Jags player was going to push hard to get the team to make a move for him. He made it seem like it would be a major blow to our defense if we lost him. On a side note he did say he WAS very close to being dealt to Tampa in '09 and spoke VERY highly of Josh Freeman and Raheem Morris.

He should be the one wearing that shirt...........

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#62 : June 10, 2011, 04:13:37 PM

Great picture Java. It perfectly illustrates how Ruud is never near the play. I bet he ran over and jumped on Steven Jackson as he was going down though to get his "tackle" stat.

It perfectly illustrates nothing.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#63 : June 10, 2011, 06:23:10 PM

I would be ecstatic if we sent Ruud packing to Jax and ended up signing Justin Durant to replace him. I'd make that swap in a second! Durant is no superstar, but he is experienced in the 4-3 at Mike and Will, and he actually attacks a ball carrier instead of waiting for the ball carrier to come to him like Ruud does.

LOL you want to them to sign Ruud so you can sign the guy they thought sucked so bad they felt they needed to go out and sign Ruud? Makes perfect sense.

One man's trash........

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDog

Hall of Famer

#64 : June 10, 2011, 09:03:33 PM

I don't really post a lot, just a season ticket holder that tends to read the boards from time to time. I live here in St. Augustine and run a small business in the heart of Jax. FWIW, one of my frequent customers is a very prominent Jaguars defensive end (that was almost traded to us in 09 before the deadline hint, hint). I talked to him about Ruud and he spoke quite glowingly about Ruud and what he meant to our defense. I personally think we can definitely upgrade at the position but it was pretty neat to get a NFL players prospective on him. I got the feeling that if Ruud hit the Market this Jags player was going to push hard to get the team to make a move for him. He made it seem like it would be a major blow to our defense if we lost him. On a side note he did say he WAS very close to being dealt to Tampa in '09 and spoke VERY highly of Josh Freeman and Raheem Morris.

I would think that anyone who has watched any Buc games recently should already know this.   It's pretty amazing that there are so many supposed Buc "fans" wanting to get rid of the guy.

fishdaddy218

Second String

#65 : June 10, 2011, 10:07:13 PM

I would think that anyone who has watched any Buc games recently should already know this.   It's pretty amazing that there are so many supposed Buc "fans"
wanting to get rid of the guy.

It really did make me rethink my opinion that we should let him walk and not think twice, especially now with the shortened offseason. It would be hard enough for Foster or Mckenzie to learn the calls and intangibles of that position with a full offseason. I'll fully support whoever suits up at mike as any Bucs fan should. That said my worst fear is this highly respected player being right and our D getting toasted for the first 8 weeks of the season while his replacement learns calls and audibles on the fly. It was very interesting to get a players take on that as well as some other stuff regarding the lockout.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#66 : June 10, 2011, 10:34:13 PM

Players don't tell GM's and scouting dept's who to trade for, just sayin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

fishdaddy218

Second String

#67 : June 11, 2011, 07:33:59 AM

You are correct, but that doesn't mean he won't give his opinion. Since he's the leader of their defense especially in the locker room, his opinion will carry more weight than most.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#68 : June 11, 2011, 11:58:36 PM

Sapp pushed Dungy to trade for Keyshawn after Sapp met Keyshawn at the pro bowl.    It happened.   So your statement in the infinitive is false.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#69 : June 12, 2011, 12:59:12 PM

Sapp pushed Dungy to trade for Keyshawn after Sapp met Keyshawn at the pro bowl.    It happened.   So your statement in the infinitive is false.

GM's that make moves absent of any player or coach's input are usually ones that have crappy teams. We criticize Al Davis for it all the time. Just sayin.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#70 : June 12, 2011, 02:00:24 PM

GM's that make moves absent of any player or coach's input are usually ones that have crappy teams. We criticize Al Davis for it all the time. Just sayin.

Why even have a scouting dept?  Just ask Ruud what he thinks about player X, and make deals on that input?  Players play, scouts scout, and GM's deal.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

fishdaddy218

Second String

#71 : June 12, 2011, 04:43:50 PM

It also wouldn't be the first time Jax took our starting middle linebacker. I caused $200 worth of damage to my dorm room at Flagler in early 2000 when I saw on  espn that Hardy Nickerson signed with the Jags. He was my fav Buc at that time, and for the over-sensitive on here NO I am not comparing Ruud to Hardy.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#72 : June 12, 2011, 04:56:55 PM

I would be ecstatic if we sent Ruud packing to Jax and ended up signing Justin Durant to replace him. I'd make that swap in a second! Durant is no superstar, but he is experienced in the 4-3 at Mike and Will, and he actually attacks a ball carrier instead of waiting for the ball carrier to come to him like Ruud does.

LOL you want to them to sign Ruud so you can sign the guy they thought sucked so bad they felt they needed to go out and sign Ruud? Makes perfect sense.

One man's trash........

to be fair, Durant is on the outs(likely) because of his inability to stay healthy, not for lack of talent. Still wouldnt send Ruud packing though if the options were reasonable.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#73 : June 12, 2011, 07:31:45 PM

Hell, I say we resign Ruud, and just put Foster and Hayes next to him (or Watson or McKenzie, if they beat Hayes out).  Our D-line got a lot beefier this draft anyways.  We need his knowledge of the D, especially in this short year.

I'm not saying a long contract - maybe even just 1 year.  I just don't see him being as big of a "liability" this next year, because there will be more talent around him.  I think most will agree he "fit" better when Brooks was still here

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud to the Jags? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools