Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rutgers coach wants no more kickoffs in college football « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 01, 2011, 03:14:58 PM

Legend,

Your comment on players leading with their helmet is amazing to me in that it happens so much today that it must be coached and taught at almost every level.  I see it in Pop Warner, High School, College, and the Pros.  Yet, when I was coming up, not only was leading with the helmet not taught, we actually were shown video after video as to why you should not do it!  This was probably one of the biggest no-no's in football, but over the last 15 years, especially the last 10, it has become such a common occurrence that you know it is being taught. 

This is why so many players are getting hurt in the sport IMO.  Make a note to play attention to this while watching this weekend...it is amazing how much it goes on.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rutgers coach wants no more kickoffs in college football « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools