Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RJS to get $18.7 million upgrade. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 08, 2011, 05:47:24 PM

$18.7 million upgrades from taxes... blacks out the fans a few months later. Sounds right.

Yep.

And bottom of the NFL in payroll.

And what does that have to do with the topic?

The team is not responsible for any part of the upgrade.  IIRC, that's Florida law.

Nice try tho.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 08, 2011, 06:21:29 PM

And why bother upgrade if the Glazers are going to ship a game overseas every year?

Does the NFL compensate the city of Tampa for lost revenue by losing that home game?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 08, 2011, 09:28:35 PM

And why bother upgrade if the Glazers are going to ship a game overseas every year?

Does the NFL compensate the city of Tampa for lost revenue by losing that home game?

you said this^^^^

but all i heard was this....

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 08, 2011, 09:33:28 PM

I believe the league sets the schedule.  The Glazers just cant say we are going to play this game overseas.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : June 08, 2011, 11:06:24 PM

Exactly.   

player101

Starter
#20 : June 08, 2011, 11:34:39 PM

Whatever side you are on when it comes to the Glazers, you have to say they bent the city over with the deal they got on the stadium. Does anyone else in the NFL have a sweeter deal? My god, one of the Glazers was mentioning last week that they needed to make the stadium experience match the HDTV experience. SO, they go tell the Sports Authority (tax payers) to fix the place up a bit. Like a boss!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

JDog

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 08, 2011, 11:41:39 PM

Whatever side you are on when it comes to the Glazers, you have to say they bent the city over with the deal they got on the stadium. Does anyone else in the NFL have a sweeter deal? My god, one of the Glazers was mentioning last week that they needed to make the stadium experience match the HDTV experience. SO, they go tell the Sports Authority (tax payers) to fix the place up a bit.

Yep.   If they brought some exciting players in that the fans could relate to like Tebow, they wouldn't have to worry about the stadium.   It would be packed.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 09, 2011, 12:52:12 AM

I believe the league sets the schedule.  The Glazers just cant say we are going to play this game overseas.

Yeah they do. The Glazers VOLUNTEERED to give up a home game.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 09, 2011, 02:56:42 AM

Yeah they do. The Glazers VOLUNTEERED to give up a home game.

I think volunteered is the wrong word.  BEGGED is probably more accurate.

They'd prefer to have every home game in London if possible.   

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 09, 2011, 06:14:56 AM

Whatever side you are on when it comes to the Glazers, you have to say they bent the city over with the deal they got on the stadium. Does anyone else in the NFL have a sweeter deal? My god, one of the Glazers was mentioning last week that they needed to make the stadium experience match the HDTV experience. SO, they go tell the Sports Authority (tax payers) to fix the place up a bit.

Yep.   If they brought some exciting players in that the fans could relate to like Tebow, they wouldn't have to worry about the stadium.   It would be packed.

Tebow is a future bust.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 09, 2011, 10:15:27 AM

Will it include an ejector seat button to throw the obnoxious drunks out of their seats when they get annoying? My friend has season tickets and there's a lady like that in her section. Also, the drunk feels the need to stand up and do the first down signal on EVERY first down in the game.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 09, 2011, 01:05:13 PM

Will it include an ejector seat button to throw the obnoxious drunks out of their seats when they get annoying? My friend has season tickets and there's a lady like that in her section. Also, the drunk feels the need to stand up and do the first down signal on EVERY first down in the game.

There was a guy who was about 10 rows behind us who used to stand on top of his chair the entire game.   And that bastard was damn loud too.  Most obnoxious fan ever.    I really felt sorry for the couple who had seats next to that idiot.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#27 : June 09, 2011, 03:01:30 PM

Hate those people - especially if they're the opponents fans. I got into it with a few of them in the nosebleeds last season (Browns fans). Fortunately we ended up winning in the end.

BTW, the Tampa Sports Authority is compensated for the lost game.

As for the upgrades, that's the contract that the city signed. Blame your elected officials, not the Bucs.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 09, 2011, 06:15:28 PM

Yeah I can relate to Tebow. I'm never going to be a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL either.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 09, 2011, 06:25:17 PM

Yeah I can relate to Tebow. I'm never going to be a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL either.

Buuuuuuuurnt

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RJS to get $18.7 million upgrade. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools