Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RJS to get $18.7 million upgrade. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 09, 2011, 06:42:25 PM

Whatever side you are on when it comes to the Glazers, you have to say they bent the city over with the deal they got on the stadium. Does anyone else in the NFL have a sweeter deal? My god, one of the Glazers was mentioning last week that they needed to make the stadium experience match the HDTV experience. SO, they go tell the Sports Authority (tax payers) to fix the place up a bit.

Yep.   If they brought some exciting players in that the fans could relate to like Tebow, they wouldn't have to worry about the stadium.   It would be packed.

Yeah I can relate to Tebow. I'm never going to be a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL either.

Buuuuuuuurnt

At least we can both look up to Freeman.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#31 : June 09, 2011, 10:41:26 PM

The upgrades should make it more comfortable for the Steeler fans.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 10, 2011, 02:10:49 AM

Its money tagged for tourism anyway so I dont see the big deal.  Its not like they are stealing it from the kids or the poor.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDog

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 10, 2011, 04:58:37 AM

Gotta thank opposing fans for supporting the stadium so much last year.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 10, 2011, 05:29:56 AM

Yeah, 'cause only a true fan would keep pics of that day..

Shame, the Bronco's won't fill their stadium next year either. That Tebow guy looks like a wounded duck.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 10, 2011, 07:01:18 AM

The Broncos have a waiting list of 100,000 people for season tix.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 10, 2011, 07:58:22 AM

Yeah, 'cause only a true fan would keep pics of that day..

Game of the year last year.

(for the Steelers)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 10, 2011, 08:11:00 AM

Its money tagged for tourism anyway so I dont see the big deal.  Its not like they are stealing it from the kids or the poor.
Up to 700 City employees jobs could be eliminated - perhaps you should reconsider

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDog

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 10, 2011, 08:20:01 AM

Up to 700 City employees jobs could be eliminated - perhaps you should reconsider

That would cost Obama and our tax money about 700,000,000 dollars to replace those jobs.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 10, 2011, 08:24:04 AM

Here's a picture of the stands before Raheem took over the team. 

(glory days)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 10, 2011, 09:51:43 AM

A Field Goal from the 3?  Yeah, those days were awesome.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 10, 2011, 10:12:31 AM

Commissioner Ken Hagan noted that the stadium money will come from tourist taxes. While he said he shared Crist's sympathies, the tourist tax dollars can't be used to pay for such things as after-school programs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 10, 2011, 10:25:29 AM

Here's a picture of the stands before Raheem took over the team. 

(glory days)

Full of racists like yourself? Especially if they came to "watch Gruden" as you claim. But hey, it pays the bills right. Shame though, TB's owners don't feel the same racist way you do. Darn them for getting rid of a white world-beater HC. I guess in their eyes an African American rookie DB coach that's never been a HC is all Gruden was worth to them.

After the SB, Gruden was completely worthless. One of the biggest drops in win-losses after a Superbowl ever. Great stat to have huh? Even derrick (who suggested a repeat) was scratching his head after Gruden did so bad. Dude went from 12-4 with dungy's team, then the proceeding years brought an amazing 7-9 and then a 5-11 season after that. Huge drop off. One of the best indicators of a "good" HC is that he can continuously win year after year, which Jonnyboy couldn't do. AND.. it was with a good, pre-built good/ great team.

LOL, go back to whatever hole you crawled out of you troll.

Now that I'm done with my daily **CENSORED**-slapping of Java.

Regarding the 18 mil., I think it's a bad idea on the surface. While these things need to be done to the stadium, many people aren't going to like it as they see money that could've been used for other things in their communities go somewhere else per usual. Most of the fans aren't going to really see the use of those funds, even in the stadium. From what I hear, most of the money is going to go to remodeling the VIP sections.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 10, 2011, 11:04:59 AM

That was an extra point after a 69 yard touchdown pass play from Garcia to Galloway.    By the way, the Titans had a winning record that year, but the Bucs won that game.   That's quite a rarity for current Buc teams.
: June 10, 2011, 11:06:52 AM JDog

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 10, 2011, 11:26:44 AM

That was an extra point after a 69 yard touchdown pass play from Garcia to Galloway.    By the way, the Titans had a winning record that year, but the Bucs won that game.   That's quite a rarity for current Buc teams.

...Was it a late-season game?

I'm so glad the days of "winning by fieldgoals", the "death by a thousand papercuts" QB play/playcalling, and "trying to get two good WR's on the field at the same time" crap is over. When he said those things I automatically knew he was going to get bounced asap. The Glazers once again made a risky move into something lucrative. Gruden actually had back to back losing seasons, which happily I can say, Rah will never have. He actually believes in acquiring actual talent, vs. believing in himself to be the best HC ever. Jon-Jon's ego ruined him.

I'll go as far to say he'll never coach again, and IF he does, they will do poorly.

...Dat's a fact, jack (or some retarded thing you say).

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RJS to get $18.7 million upgrade. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools