Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why JoesBucsFan sucks really bad.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: June 11, 2011, 04:52:50 PM

1. They have a limited press pass, which allows them a tiny bit more access than a regular fan.
2. The constantly mislabel their articles to attract more views.
3. They have more news about the Rays than the Bucs.
4. Even JBF is looked down upon by the local fishwraps.
5. They take quotes out of context consistently, causing mis-information.
6. They talk in 3rd person.
7. They have no content, they get their news from the same place we get our news, they just offer up bad opinion and sensationalism on top of it.
8. They have poorly written articles.
9. Their draft coverage was terrible, they hyped up Pawlowski. But Pawlowski hardly knows what he's talking about. PR has the best inside draft coverage, year in and year out.
10. You feel slimey when you read it, or accidently read it. It feels like some New Jersey mook sold you something out of his jacket. You feel ripped off. I don't even pay or go to the site, I just accidently come accross the articles, and I still feel jipped.

I won a free monthly membership to JBF from 620 about a year ago. I went to the site 3 times, they had absolute crap and no content.

I made this thread, just incase anyone is confused about if JBF is credible (which most of us know they arnt"

If you follow them or "like" them on twitter or facebook, unlike or unfollow. **** those guys. They are like dirty little door to door salesmen. Trying their slimey tricks to get a foot in the door and pester you until you buy something.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 11, 2011, 05:02:45 PM

Are you sayin its like Jdog?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BucFanOcala1

Second String

#2 : June 11, 2011, 05:14:09 PM

1. They have a limited press pass, which allows them a tiny bit more access than a regular fan.
7. They have no content, they get their news from the same place we get our news, they just offer up bad opinion and sensationalism on top of it.
9. Their draft coverage was terrible, they hyped up Pawlowski. But Pawlowski hardly knows what he's talking about. PR has the best inside draft coverage, year in and year out.
10. You feel slimey when you read it, or accidently read it. It feels like some New Jersey mook sold you something out of his jacket. You feel ripped off. I don't even pay or go to the site, I just accidently come accross the articles, and I still feel jipped.

"6. They talk in 3rd person." Right there pisses me off more then the B.S they spew.Says BucFanOcala1."

I won a free monthly membership to JBF from 620 about a year ago. I went to the site 3 times, they had absolute crap and no content.

I made this thread, just incase anyone is confused about if JBF is credible (which most of us know they arnt"

If you follow them or "like" them on twitter or facebook, unlike or unfollow. **** those guys. They are like dirty little door to door salesmen. Trying their slimey tricks to get a foot in the door and pester you until you buy something.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 11, 2011, 05:30:27 PM

Can't argue any of those points SBF.  What is worse?   JBF or Bleacher Report?   Both pretty bad in my eyes.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 11, 2011, 05:31:50 PM

JBF is basically a local version of PFT. They take articles already published....spin it...take pot shots at it...then put a headline which often doesn't match the content to attract views.

How do you know they have a limited press pass?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 11, 2011, 05:40:10 PM

At least PFT is interesting

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 11, 2011, 05:43:16 PM

PFT is way better than Joe, IMO.   I think the third person thing is what annoys most.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : June 11, 2011, 06:14:20 PM

Boycotting JBF site after what he did to Raheem and the Bucs.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 11, 2011, 10:06:06 PM

agreed.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#9 : June 11, 2011, 10:25:31 PM

Boycotting JBF site after what he did to Raheem and the Bucs.

What did he do?

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#10 : June 11, 2011, 10:42:08 PM

yeah, I've got to say that PFT is one of my favorite sites to check up on each day.  the info is concise and Florio and Rosenthal are decent writers and seem like agreeable guys.  you know what you're getting when you go to PFT, don't hate.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 11, 2011, 11:07:46 PM

yeah, I've got to say that PFT is one of my favorite sites to check up on each day.  the info is concise and Florio and Rosenthal are decent writers and seem like agreeable guys.  you know what you're getting when you go to PFT, don't hate.

Do me a favor and watch this, and get back to me (specifically the Bucs part):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22825103/vp/38760650#38760650

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 11, 2011, 11:21:50 PM

I went to their site just a few days ago.  Not impressed at all.

Isbitts

Rookie

#13 : June 12, 2011, 12:13:23 AM

As one of the Joes, allow me to respond.

I guess you can define "tiny bit" however you want, but locker room access is quite a bit more than a regular fan. In addition, JoeBucsFan.com has been credentialed for NFL events multiple times.

JoeBucsFan headline style conforms to traditional journalism ethics and, like any headline, is designed to suck readers into the story, not attract views. Since JoeBucsFan doesn't ask readers to click around the site to read anything. The "view" has already been made once a reader is there. So there's nothing to attract more views. It's too late once you're on the home page.

Obviously, that's inaccurate.

That's funny. The Sarasota Herald-Tribune has quoted JoeBucsFan multiple times. And one of the big local papers actually expressed serious interest in partnering with JoeBucsFan.com. And one of the JoeBucsFan writers has been working for the Tampa Tribune since the 1990s.

Not true.

Plenty of people hate it. We've been doing it since Day 1 when nobody was reading, so at least its consistent.

Not accurate. JoeBucsFan produces orginal content.

If you think so.

Funny, Mark Dominik said on WDAE that he reads Pawlowski's draft coverage regularly.

Sorry to hear it. JoeBucsFan doesn't sell content. In 2009 and 2010, a $10 NFL draft coverage subscription was sold.

...Thanks for all the love.
: June 12, 2011, 12:15:08 AM Isbitts

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 12, 2011, 12:19:26 AM

Why not drop the third person, as you say everyone hates it.  Takes away from the content IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why JoesBucsFan sucks really bad.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools