Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why JoesBucsFan sucks really bad.. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

chad1336

Starter

« #135 : June 14, 2011, 12:54:17 AM »

I like Joebucsfan, so sue me.  I like PR too, and I gladly pay my $10 yearly subscription.  Really, if you don't like JoeBucsFan, then just don't patronize the site, that's all there is to it.  I like it because it helps fill my need for Bucs news/rumors, while waiting for the next insider article on PR.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #136 : June 14, 2011, 02:25:57 AM »

JoeBucFan always slams PR, so why can't posters slam him? His site sucks and its wildly based on speculation that he gets from some random joe blow.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #137 : June 14, 2011, 05:00:11 AM »

lol at Java loving JBF to disagree with the rest of the board.

You think I would just disagree to disagree?    I actually think JBF is a decent site.    I don't disagree all the time with this forum - just most of the time.    For example, almost everyone here thinks Deumig sucks and I do as well.

No complaints here. I think its funny. People really take offence to it. I used to (I love the Bucs), but now I see it as classic comedy.  As for JBF never cared for the articles that are posted here, but I guess its another reason to talk Bucs football.
« : June 14, 2011, 05:02:02 AM BucBalla85 »

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

« #138 : June 14, 2011, 05:39:24 AM »

What gets me is that we are STILL discussing this. Why are we giving Joe more free publicity than the site deserves. To each their own but why bring it here? All this is doing is giving another site some free advertising and making a lot of people on here look like kids with their complaining.

I don't go to that site because I find it immature, and I have posted less on here because I find that this too is slowly going down the same route. Everyone from both sides should grow up, there is room for Joe and his site as it will appeal to some and not others. Likewise with PR. Our **CENSORED**ing about it makes us all look dumb.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #139 : June 14, 2011, 05:56:33 AM »

What gets me is that we are STILL discussing this. Why are we giving Joe more free publicity than the site deserves. To each their own but why bring it here? All this is doing is giving another site some free advertising and making a lot of people on here look like kids with their complaining.

I don't go to that site because I find it immature, and I have posted less on here because I find that this too is slowly going down the same route. Everyone from both sides should grow up, there is room for Joe and his site as it will appeal to some and not others. Likewise with PR. Our **CENSORED**ing about it makes us all look dumb.

Agree.

huckleberry

Rookie

« #140 : June 14, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »

And Joe doesn't express "hate" towards PR. Joe's got a lot of respect for Scott and Charlie and surely is on speaking terms with those guys. The sites are two wildly different animals, despite what some try to say. As for PR, there will never be a shortage of people wanting what they offer..

Folks, if you want to see what JBF has had to say about PR in the past, go to the "search archives" there and type in pewter report.

Below is one example. Can you say juvenile?

I'm glad Steve White wised up and doesn't write for JBF any more. Even Stephen Holder has woken up to some of the nonsense that is JBF.

Shameful Behavior By Scott Reynolds

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=25471

Excerpt:

As far as Joe is concerned, Reynolds’ comments about JoeBucsFan.com are libelous at worst and shameful at best. To claim about Joe’s reporting that one “certainly cannot believe everything you read on JBF” is way over the line.

While Joe has delivered playful jabs at PewterReport.com and has blasted Reynolds’ specific commentary on a few occasions, Joe has never made such a sweeping generalization about the credibility of PewterReport.com.

ah yes, and remember the Bash PR thing over Doug Williams' job security. PR reports that "sources" say DW is on thin ice. JBF calls PR every name in the book and repeatedly trashes them. Bucs announce they are letting DW go. JBF issues cricket noises.

That is the difference, PR actually has "sources" (plural). They have spent years (going on decades) developing these sources and time after time the sources have proved accurate.

"Joe" here again. .... You and the Sarasota guy are saying JoeBucsFan.com "repeatedly" and constantly bashes PewterReport.com. ...SInce JoeBucsFan started there have been 8,000 Bucs-related posts on the site. You'll find in the archives maybe 30 or so posts that reference Pewter Report. ...So how exactly could that be "repeatedly and constantly?" ... Sure, we've attacked maybe 4 or 5 PR stories specifically, and we've used creative, somewhat ridicious references to PewterReport.com. ....I guarantee you anyone who didn't know who the "Web-only colorful Pewter fellows" was damn interested in finding out. ...That surely drove traffic and interest over here.

Ask yourself this, if JoeBucsFan really made stuff up, twisted truth and was completely unprofessional as you haters claim, then why the hell would the Bucs ever credential the site's writers? Why would JoeBucsFan not have been sued yet? Why would the Bucs be OK with the flagship radio station affiliating  with JoeBucsFan? Why would the NFL credential us?  Why would the Tampa Tribune allow a JoeBucsFan owner/writer work for them?  Surely you can't believe the Bucs, Clear Channel, the NFL and Media General are all blind to the "truth."

I just spoke with some friends at the Bucs and Isbitts you are so full of it. The Bucs turned down your credential request the past few years starting in 2009 under Jeff Kamis. You even had 620 trying to help you get in as part of their credentialed reporters and the Bucs still rejected you guys because you lack professionalism. You show your true colors when you guys labeled Josh Freeman 'Bust In Waiting' along with all your silly other names. Real reporters and media outlets don't act like amateur bloggers like you guys do. Jonathan Grella threw you guys a bone and let you come on game days, but that is it. Your requests to cover the team at One Buc Place have denied because you are hacks. Just because the Tampa Trib lets Lee cover high school football does not give you guys credibility. If you were credible the Bucs would not have said no to your credential request.

I\'m you\'re Huckleberry.....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #141 : June 14, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »

Burn!

Draft Aaron Donald

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #142 : June 14, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »

WOW. What huckleberry has been saying is exactly why this thread was made. Exposed JBF.

huckleberry

Rookie

« #143 : June 14, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »

You guys- SBF and JDouble- have been dead on with all of your posts. I'm not surprised that JBF banned JDouble as he knows a ton more football than they do, so it was only a matter of time before they banned him because he could point out their idiocy. All of SBF's points in the very first post were accurate and nothing Isbitts has posted has refuted any of it. It just has confirmed how small they really are.

I\'m you\'re Huckleberry.....

Isbitts

Rookie

« #144 : June 14, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »

You guys- SBF and JDouble- have been dead on with all of your posts. I'm not surprised that JBF banned JDouble as he knows a ton more football than they do, so it was only a matter of time before they banned him because he could point out their idiocy. All of SBF's points in the very first post were accurate and nothing Isbitts has posted has refuted any of it. It just has confirmed how small they really are.

Your talent is believing a pile of baloney. That takes great strength. Congrats.

JM2

Pro Bowler

« #145 : June 14, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »

Lashing out at your detractors not exactly a sign of professionalism...

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #146 : June 14, 2011, 03:28:42 PM »

As you know, we don't believe in censorship here at PewterReport.com, but there comes a point in time when a post goes in circles and this is one of those times. It's time to move on to a different topic, folks. Love JBF or hate them if you want, but if this thread continues, we'll have to start charging them for advertising. ;)

We've monitored this thread for several days now and I think everybody got plenty of opportunity to chime in on this topic. Let's try to stick to topics relating to Bucs football rather than attacking Bucs fan/news sites.

SR
  Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why JoesBucsFan sucks really bad.. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools