Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why JoesBucsFan sucks really bad.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #30 : June 12, 2011, 03:44:44 AM »

JoeBucsFan headline style conforms to traditional journalism ethics and, like any headline, is designed to suck readers into the story, not attract views.

Am i supposed to believe this? Is this why JBF has on several occasions had to retract statements or reword/edit articles? Does JBF not make the titles of articles to get someone to read it? Even if the title is barely relevant to the context of the information?

The Sarasota Herald-Tribune has quoted JoeBucsFan multiple times.

Oh wow!!! the Sarasota-Tribune!!! we were completely wrong. people being employed by multiple outlets doesnt exactly justify JBF either.

5. They take quotes out of context consistently, causing mis-information.

Not true.

not entirely true. Ive seen JBF several times take the smallest snipet of  persons comments a debate it into something its not, or just overly exaggerate a snippet to the point where the original content almost seems lost until you read it in its entirety, usually after "Joe" runs on his opinion for a paragraph or two.

Not accurate. JoeBucsFan produces orginal content.

They do, but a very small portion. I dont consider original content quoting interviews of sports radio, or giving their opinion on what other journalist have already reported.

Its obvious that JBF needs these gimmicks to get their 8,000 hits. If they didnt, why wouldnt they present themselves as more of a proffesional type site instead of a glorified blog with 3rd person nonsense? Why would they present themselves in way thats come across as petty or juvenile unless it was needed? A perfect example would be "Joe" constantly blaming Goodell himself for the lockout when anyone with any sense of logic and deduction could figure out theres multiple people at fault on bothsides? Goodell orchestrated the lockout by himself?....thats how Joe presents it.

Im guessing many of those hits are from the negative attention that "Joe" seems to want. JBF is fine for some if they take it for what its worth(glorified blog with a sprinkling of ocassional journalism) and look past all the random opinions insterted into pretty much every topic. If you can find a way to numb your intelligence to do so, I could see how people like it. Pretending its much more than that just seems like a fantasy to me.

JBF can try to justify themselves against a couple peoples opinions on another website all they want, it just makes them look even more petty. Seems peoples opinions on the otherside of the fence wouldnt matter enough to inspire them to post on a competing site.

I can see why some people would like it, but I can see why a lot more people dont. Sadly, when links are posted here, I cave and give them the occasional hit. Then Im quickly reminded why I rather use most other sources to obtain my Bucs info before JBF.

oh...PS- MD saying he read Pawlowskis stuff is in now stating that he values his opinion or even would think of using it. The Bucs have a scouting department and a coaching staff that are producing results. Not sure why MD would attempt to blast a guy on their flagship station.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #31 : June 12, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »

I'm with Traew on this...  they consolidate a lot of articles (with links) from the entire planet about everything Bucs.   If anything they save me time finding
bucs related content - it's the same reason I go look at PFT. 

PR has the same thing- it's called "Around the Web"  http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_newsfeeds&view=category&id=92

Sure 'Joe' has an opinion - right, wrong, indifferent or completely out in left field.  It's a blog.  The only difference is they're successful at getting hits. 

The most annoying thing (at least to me) is the stupid auto start videos w/sound on the left/right sides...   but apparently they don't control that content.

They have some good posters and some horrific ones...   it is entertaining that 'Joe' will defend an opinion (or delete it)  ;)  "Joe" is rarely wrong (in his own collective mind.)

Also entertaining to see how the J___-esque posters are dealt with...   (Thomas 2.2 is a mirror image of someone here.)  User accounts get deleted often.

It's certainly a different kind of reporting on our Bucs than PR.   'Joe' has a fans take on thing IMO - PR does not (I wouldn't classify SR and CC as 'fans' - ask 'em.)

There's even a little 'hate' from Joe about PR (which is a fan-thing, not a professional sports reporting thing btw) that surfaces every now and then.

Take it for what it is...   a Bucs news source.   

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Isbitts

Rookie

« #32 : June 12, 2011, 08:41:54 AM »

JoeBucsFan headline style conforms to traditional journalism ethics and, like any headline, is designed to suck readers into the story, not attract views.
Am i supposed to believe this? Is this why JBF has on several occasions had to retract statements or reword/edit articles? Does JBF not make the titles of articles to get someone to read it? Even if the title is barely relevant to the context of the information?

Actually, Yes, you should believe it. JoeBucsFan has published 7 corrections in three years and doesn't reword/edit after the fact. The big local newspapers publish in the neighborhoood of 500 corrections each annually. They're just not as over-the-top with showing the correction. JoeBucsFan makes all corrections very visible.

The Sarasota Herald-Tribune has quoted JoeBucsFan multiple times.
Oh wow!!! the Sarasota-Tribune!!! we were completely wrong. people being employed by multiple outlets doesnt exactly justify JBF either.

There's nothing to justify, was simply answering a longer comment. The original guy wrote the local newspapers look down upon JBF. However, that's not true in the case of the Tribune, Herald-Tribune and Ledger, given the relationships in place.

....As for the presentation and other stuff that troubles you so much, the writing style simply is what it is to entertain "Joe," who before getting started wanted to produce something that he would enjoy. The thought was that if Joe liked it, then maybe/hopefully other people would, too. If not, then so be it. As for being unprofessional in commenting here, well, the day I'm too "professional" to engage with Bucs fans of all opinions is the day I've gotten way too full of myself and deserve to be run out of town.

Isbitts

Rookie

« #33 : June 12, 2011, 08:48:33 AM »

They have some good posters and some horrific ones...   it is entertaining that 'Joe' will defend an opinion (or delete it)  ;)  "Joe" is rarely wrong (in his own collective mind.)
Also entertaining to see how the J___-esque posters are dealt with...   (Thomas 2.2 is a mirror image of someone here.)  User accounts get deleted often.

...  There's even a little 'hate' from Joe about PR (which is a fan-thing, not a professional sports reporting thing btw) that surfaces every now and then.

Take it for what it is...   a Bucs news source.

JoeBucsFan has only kicked out 11 commenters in 3 years, and we know full well that deleting someone means they reincarnate as another user in a matter of days.

And Joe doesn't express "hate" towards PR. Joe's got a lot of respect for Scott and Charlie and surely is on speaking terms with those guys. The sites are two wildly different animals, despite what some try to say. As for PR, there will never be a shortage of people wanting what they offer..

fishdaddy218

Second String

« #34 : June 12, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »

If you don't like the site, don't go there. Personally, as a ridiculously rabid Bucs fan misplaced here in St. Augustine, I think it's great for all Bucs fans that we have so many options out there to get our fix for Bucs news. We all know espn isn't gonna satisfy that or heck even mention us unless they're forced to. In my opinion JBF and PR are both great resources for Bucs fans and are both very good at what they do, Bucs lovers should just enjoy having what a lot of other teams don't. Living this close to Jax I can tell you Jags fans don't have anything even close to the quality JBF or PR to get their news from. On a side note I have gotten a post deleted on JBF just for asking WTH C.I.T.S. meant and disagreeing with his take on signing Asomugha. It's OK though I had my big boy pants on and didn't get my feelings hurt. Having multiple outlets for Bucs news is NOT a bad thing

He should be the one wearing that shirt...........

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #35 : June 12, 2011, 10:26:26 AM »

If you don't like the site, don't go there. Personally, as a ridiculously rabid Bucs fan misplaced here in St. Augustine, I think it's great for all Bucs fans that we have so many options out there to get our fix for Bucs news. We all know espn isn't gonna satisfy that or heck even mention us unless they're forced to. In my opinion JBF and PR are both great resources for Bucs fans and are both very good at what they do, Bucs lovers should just enjoy having what a lot of other teams don't. Living this close to Jax I can tell you Jags fans don't have anything even close to the quality JBF or PR to get their news from. On a side note I have gotten a post deleted on JBF just for asking WTH C.I.T.S. meant and disagreeing with his take on signing Asomugha. It's OK though I had my big boy pants on and didn't get my feelings hurt. Having multiple outlets for Bucs news is NOT a bad thing

Putting PR and JBF on the same level is crazy man.  PR guys are pros.   JBF comes across as very amateurish.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #36 : June 12, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »

I think there is more then enough room for both entities to operate. While I don't necessarily agree at times with what is written on either site. JBF has carved out a niche market for himself through hard work. PR has or was the lone source for Buccaneer news, for a long time. Now there seems to be multiple sources - media streams for Bucs fans to get news. For fans who are out of town and don't get a chance to listen to the local sport talk radio or Sirius JBF gives fans an opportunity to re-live what was said via radio about the Bucs. But just like you have to read and take everything you listen too, read or get through second hand it's ultimately up to each individual to form his or her own opinion after weighing the facts or what is presented to them as facts before coming to a conclusion.

There are things to dislike about  anyone who offers an opinion. But if you take a non-bias approach to both entities and have a level headedness about what you are digesting  both offer insight to the team we all root for. While neither is without flaws they both offer different styles and differing view points on the main topic at hand which is of course the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, its players, coaches and front office.

The more news the merry.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #37 : June 12, 2011, 12:08:08 PM »

If you don't like the site, don't go there.

Works for me!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #38 : June 12, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »

And Joe doesn't express "hate" towards PR. Joe's got a lot of respect for Scott and Charlie and surely is on speaking terms with those guys. The sites are two wildly different animals, despite what some try to say. As for PR, there will never be a shortage of people wanting what they offer..

Folks, if you want to see what JBF has had to say about PR in the past, go to the "search archives" there and type in pewter report.

Below is one example. Can you say juvenile?

I'm glad Steve White wised up and doesn't write for JBF any more. Even Stephen Holder has woken up to some of the nonsense that is JBF.

Shameful Behavior By Scott Reynolds

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=25471

Excerpt:

As far as Joe is concerned, Reynolds’ comments about JoeBucsFan.com are libelous at worst and shameful at best. To claim about Joe’s reporting that one “certainly cannot believe everything you read on JBF” is way over the line.

While Joe has delivered playful jabs at PewterReport.com and has blasted Reynolds’ specific commentary on a few occasions, Joe has never made such a sweeping generalization about the credibility of PewterReport.com.

Mr. Reynolds, it’s time to show your manhood.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #39 : June 12, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

As for being unprofessional in commenting here, well, the day I'm too "professional" to engage with Bucs fans of all opinions is the day I've gotten way too full of myself and deserve to be run out of town.

Youre engaging those with a negative opinion of JBF, not talking about Bucs. Your opinions on the Bucs would be welcome, but you only seem to post here when it regards JBF.

also, thanks for admitting that youre not professional. It takes a man to do so.  ;)

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

huckleberry

Rookie

« #40 : June 12, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »

JBF are too frauds. Its funny Steve says that they get in the locker room. My friends at the Bucs have told me that they are credentialed for only the Bucs home games, and that was Jonathan Grella throwing them a bone. They never are allowed in the locker room at One Buc Place like the rest of the media. They are not invited to press conferences and they don't have interview requests granted.

The funny thing is how much the Bucs hate JBF. Throughout the organization front office, the few players that know who JBF is, the coaches, and PR department all think that JBF is disingenuous.  They haven't forgotten that they called Mark Dominik - 'Mark Duminik'. Or Radio Raheem, Sergeant Winslow, or how they constantly referred to Josh Freeman as 'Bust in Waiting.'  They have zero credibility and respect from the Bucs, and shouldn't get anything more from the fans.

I\'m you\'re Huckleberry.....

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : June 12, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »

As one of the Joes, allow me to respond.

1. They have a limited press pass, which allows them a tiny bit more access than a regular fan.

I guess you can define "tiny bit" however you want, but locker room access is quite a bit more than a regular fan. In addition, JoeBucsFan.com has been credentialed for NFL events multiple times.

2. The constantly mislabel their articles to attract more views.

JoeBucsFan headline style conforms to traditional journalism ethics and, like any headline, is designed to suck readers into the story, not attract views. Since JoeBucsFan doesn't ask readers to click around the site to read anything. The "view" has already been made once a reader is there. So there's nothing to attract more views. It's too late once you're on the home page.

3. They have more news about the Rays than the Bucs.

Obviously, that's inaccurate.

4. Even JBF is looked down upon by the local fishwraps.

That's funny. The Sarasota Herald-Tribune has quoted JoeBucsFan multiple times. And one of the big local papers actually expressed serious interest in partnering with JoeBucsFan.com. And one of the JoeBucsFan writers has been working for the Tampa Tribune since the 1990s.

5. They take quotes out of context consistently, causing mis-information.

Not true.

6. They talk in 3rd person.

Plenty of people hate it. We've been doing it since Day 1 when nobody was reading, so at least its consistent.

7. They have no content, they get their news from the same place we get our news, they just offer up bad opinion and sensationalism on top of it.

Not accurate. JoeBucsFan produces orginal content.

8. They have poorly written articles.

If you think so.

9. Their draft coverage was terrible, they hyped up Pawlowski. But Pawlowski hardly knows what he's talking about. PR has the best inside draft coverage, year in and year out.

Funny, Mark Dominik said on WDAE that he reads Pawlowski's draft coverage regularly.

10. You feel slimey when you read it, or accidently read it. It feels like some New Jersey mook sold you something out of his jacket. You feel ripped off. I don't even pay or go to the site, I just accidently come accross the articles, and I still feel jipped.

Sorry to hear it. JoeBucsFan doesn't sell content. In 2009 and 2010, a $10 NFL draft coverage subscription was sold.

...Thanks for all the love.

In response by number.

1. So i was right, your press pass is limited because the bucs don't view you as a credible media outlet. Your allowed around the team 8 times a year at home games. this year you will be there 7 times a year. LOL pathetic.

2. Another person in this thread has proven your rebuttal to be untrue.

3. Look at your JBF facebook fan page. By far more Rays status' then bucs related.

4. someone else also took care of this point also. im so happy that you prove your credibility by saying that the Sarasota herald tribune quoted something wacky and zany you guys said.

5. Obviously you know this is true, which is why you said "not true" and provided no proof, because the proof you give us, will get turned around on you so fast with us posting your "wackey and zaney" articles that cause mis information.

6. Glad your confident in your 3rd person, it sucks.

7. JBF... This thread proves the point, each one of your posts has no content. You are writing a lot of words, but they mean nothing. You constantly connect the dots from something, to something totally un related. like you just did with that sarasota herald tribune comment LOL.

8. yep i think so, and obviously many others do.

9. Thia point was covered by another person. Obviously Mark Dominiks opinion on Pawlowskis coverage is skewed because hes not going to say it was terrible, or even mediocre.  Pawlowski has been wrong so much in draft coverage, he doesnt have any inside sources like PR does.  He just takes wild guesses.  The one thing JP has been riht about in recent is that he called when Jagazinski hire.

10. You suck. Obv.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #42 : June 12, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »

JBF are too frauds. Its funny Steve says that they get in the locker room. My friends at the Bucs have told me that they are credentialed for only the Bucs home games, and that was Jonathan Grella throwing them a bone. They never are allowed in the locker room at One Buc Place like the rest of the media. They are not invited to press conferences and they don't have interview requests granted.

The funny thing is how much the Bucs hate JBF. Throughout the organization front office, the few players that know who JBF is, the coaches, and PR department all think that JBF is disingenuous.  They haven't forgotten that they called Mark Dominik - 'Mark Duminik'. Or Radio Raheem, Sergeant Winslow, or how they constantly referred to Josh Freeman as 'Bust in Waiting.'  They have zero credibility and respect from the Bucs, and shouldn't get anything more from the fans.

Great post. Best post in this thread.

huckleberry

Rookie

« #43 : June 12, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »

Thanks.

I forgot to mention they also steal photos from a variety of media outlets.

I guess that's fitting considering they have very little original content and have to take other media's work as a basis for their website.

I\'m you\'re Huckleberry.....

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
« #44 : June 12, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=25471
Mr. Reynolds, it’s time to show your manhood.

Yikes.  Hey Scott, watch out for this one.

Also, JBF blows chunks.  Total garbage.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why JoesBucsFan sucks really bad.. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools