Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This guy just keeps getting better... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

blind melon

Hall of Famer

: June 15, 2011, 01:10:42 PM

;D

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Raheems-Famous-Quotes/822f2e0a-9c86-4814-be7f-4be0c75ca201

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Tracktion

Second String

#1 : June 15, 2011, 01:40:53 PM

"Stats are for losers, you keep looking at them and we're gonna keep looking at the wins"

LOOOVE IT!!!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 15, 2011, 01:41:47 PM

That was my favorite by far...   Just the look on his face said it very clearly.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 15, 2011, 02:14:02 PM

YEA I SAID IT!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 15, 2011, 02:49:05 PM

"yeah, i said it" is good. My daughter had some guy trying to make a joke with her in public(5yrs old by the way) and she told the guy "Youre weird." When he he said "what?", she replied with "yeah I said it."

I lost it and had to chuckle this guy just got owned by a 5 year old.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 15, 2011, 02:50:46 PM

plus it beats take off your pants! lol.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BuccaNova

Starter
#6 : June 15, 2011, 03:41:58 PM

OK, he seems reasonable and positive.  He sticks mostly to press/coachspeak, but gives out an occasional pithy quote.  What is it that people see at these press conferences that make them dog on Raheem so hard?  I mean....enh....so you don't care for his style, maybe?  But there's not all that much style at a press conference...it's coachspeak and stuff. Don't get what is so negative about Rah's communication skills.  He seems to win a lot of people over. And I'm one of 'em.

Glad he's our coach. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 15, 2011, 07:28:56 PM

What is it that people see at these press conferences that make them dog on Raheem so hard? 

Isn't it obvious? They can't "relate".  ::) ::) ::)

Some folks need to broaden their horizons a lil bit.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : June 15, 2011, 08:39:24 PM

"Stats are for losers, you keep looking at them and we're gonna keep looking at the wins"

LOOOVE IT!!!!

Had he said that, that would be a decent quote.  But he did not say that.   

He said:

"stats are for losers, you keep lookin' at stats, we'll keep tryin' ta get wins"

JDog

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 15, 2011, 08:45:18 PM

I find it funny that someone who supposedly is a heemy supporter would title a thread "getting better".    In other words, he obviously wasn't ready to be a head coach yet, but he's getting better.   Nobody ever said Dungy was getting better after he became a head coach - because he was ready to be a head coach from day one (as it should be if you are promoted to that position.  why promote someone to a position they aren't ready for?).

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 15, 2011, 09:03:05 PM

Rah is a whole lot more fun and entertaining than say, Bill Bellichek.   The latter speaks in such a monotone with flat expression, I'm surprised he just doesn't fall over while falling asleep.  I know that's his style and that he wins a few games here and there, but his delivery is far far the worst in the league IMHO.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 15, 2011, 09:15:39 PM

christ, Java was getting better about the Rah bashing untill now....look. Nobody's saying he was perfect in 2009, but you're beating a dead horse at this point! We've all moved on, we like him now, why don't you just loosen up and get along with the guy. it's getting pretty sad that you keep doing this. you arn't convincing anyone.
: June 15, 2011, 09:20:25 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 15, 2011, 09:22:30 PM

Nobody's saying he was perfect in 2009,

He's not perfect now either - and never will be.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 15, 2011, 09:26:53 PM

Honestly, if i could compare Raheem's press conference style to one coach...it would be Jon Gruden.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 15, 2011, 09:27:55 PM

I find it funny that someone who supposedly is a heemy supporter would title a thread "getting better".    In other words, he obviously wasn't ready to be a head coach yet, but he's getting better.   Nobody ever said Dungy was getting better after he became a head coach - because he was ready to be a head coach from day one (as it should be if you are promoted to that position.  why promote someone to a position they aren't ready for?).

The Bucs had to lock him up in a hurry. He was off interviewing someplace, was it Denver IIRC?  So they made their move and glad they did.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This guy just keeps getting better... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools