Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This guy just keeps getting better... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 15, 2011, 09:32:02 PM

*facepalm* Java, you sound like a twelve year old saying that--are you really that desperate to find flaws in him? All of US? We're fine with him and we think he he has done a fine job rebuilding us and can only give us great things from here. You're the only one here and maybe a few others being a negative about the shape of this team....I don't mind you disagreeing, but this much, nonstop...can you just keep it to yourself? Do you realize you sound like Oscar the grouch?

This has got to be solved now. You've been dragging respectable topics like this down to hell for too long. I respect your opinion but you can't ever give it a rest. I have to conclude that you wish to run Morris out of here just as you claim Gruden has been, and you refuse to let it go. If I'm wrong, please conduct yourself in a manner in which that impression isn't so glaring. I'm tired of it, Java. This has to end...
: June 15, 2011, 09:36:37 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 15, 2011, 10:06:56 PM

Well - I don't know what j___ said, and that's ok, because I guess it's not relevant to the topic.

The point of this thread is IMO we continue to see our head coach grow, both as a coach and in press conferences.

Watch him.  He Believes and certainly MEANS what he says... something that's too few far and in between now-a-days in all walks of life.

Just imagine - If he continues to grow in all manner at the rate he's done over the last two years...   we contend - perennially.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : June 16, 2011, 01:05:58 AM

Well - I don't know what j___ said

You don't read the threads?    I guess that's ok.   Especially since you started it and all.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 16, 2011, 04:09:19 AM

I see a correlation between the Bucs and the movie The Perfect Storm. Everything is coming together to form a force in the NFL and Raheem Morris is at the center of it all. I love the guy. He communicates perfectly with the people he needs to and doesn't hesitate to fire people when they're not getting the job done. He inspires people to perform beyond their abilities and he is directly responsible for drafting Josh Freeman. His enthusiasm is contagious. You can see on his face that he loves his job. He's confident without being **CENSORED**y. 2009 was the shakedown cruise with predictable results (W-L record) and corrections were made. 2010 was a year of progress, unexpected by most, including the "experts". The NFCS had virtually the same schedule and the veteran teams made the playoffs. The youngest team in the league missed the playoffs on a horrendous call in the Detroit game. Raheem Morris and his coaches kept the Bucs competitive with rookies and PS players. All I know is this, Jon Gruden could not have done it. We have the perfect HC for this young team and I couldn't be happier.

I believe the Bucs will win the division this year, and at least one playoff game. They couldn't do it without Raheem.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 16, 2011, 04:45:32 AM

Jon Gruden could not have done it.

Give Gruden the same players they have now, and they make a superbowl run in 2011.   With Heemy, they won't even go 8-8 in 2011.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 16, 2011, 05:04:05 AM

I find it funny that someone who supposedly is a heemy supporter would title a thread "getting better".    In other words, he obviously wasn't ready to be a head coach yet, but he's getting better.   Nobody ever said Dungy was getting better after he became a head coach - because he was ready to be a head coach from day one (as it should be if you are promoted to that position.  why promote someone to a position they aren't ready for?).

not sure why people are getting so riled up ove Javas comment in here but they are very tame.

I dont see the problem with either side of this quote. Morris wasnt ready, why is that hard for anyone to admit. He was a position coach and his only coordinating experience came at the college level. Hiw could he be fully ready? As far as why was he promoted.....There could be a multitude of things. Bucs could have seen the fact that attendance was dwindling and then the Dec collapse the lead to gruden firing would give them an opportunity to go woth new blood that could learn on the job if needs be. That lead to the failed Bates/Jags gig as I think they were trying to help Morris make the transition. Plus the Glazers could have seen Tomlin all over again and didnt want him to get away.

Either way, it turned out trial by fire was the best recepie as Morris turned the team around when he took over the D and Freeman started. The team never quit and he learned a lot of needed things in a short period. He and MD have completely rebuilt the roster and the turnover is huge, and are on to getting the Bucs back to a contender.

all of this is just stating history, so not sure why either side is riled up? there really isnt anything to debate. Morris wasnt ready? No isht. Is he doing good now? yes

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 16, 2011, 05:28:55 AM

Haha "I said it" was my favorite. Love his confidence. 

JDog

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 16, 2011, 06:11:09 AM

There are different levels of confidence.   His confidence ain't crap compared to a guy like Rex Ryan.   Ryan talks trash before the games then backs it up on gameday.  And Ryan makes the playoffs.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 16, 2011, 06:23:12 AM

There are different levels of confidence.   His confidence ain't crap compared to a guy like Rex Ryan.   Ryan talks trash before the games then backs it up on gameday.  And Ryan makes the playoffs.

Would love to see his confidence with this team. This team is not a veteran(experienced) + talented group like the Jets team is. Get the experience Jdog then we can be that confident. Otherwise its just arrogance. Gotta be able to prove it first.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 16, 2011, 06:27:41 AM

Ryan does prove it.    It wouldn't matter if his team was younger, he'd still get that team into the playoffs.   He's a winner.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 16, 2011, 06:32:21 AM

Ryan does prove it.    It wouldn't matter if his team was younger, he'd still get that team into the playoffs.   He's a winner.

Sure he proved it, but he hasnt proved it with the youngest team in the league. Switch rosters for a minute, your playing in the division with Patriots. You think hed be as successful of a team? AFC championships are hard to get to. You better be a veteran team to do that. Getting through the Pats, Colts, Steelers is no joke. I think what were building will be able to not only compete with those teams but be able to beat them consistently. The group we have now is talented and the more time they spend with each other the better they will get. Consistency and learning from mistakes is the key with this group as it heads forward.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 16, 2011, 07:16:12 AM

Give Gruden the same players they have now, and they make a superbowl run in 2011.   With Heemy, they won't even go 8-8 in 2011.

I'll start with the negative first. You're starting to flip flop again between whether you think this team is going to succeed next year.

BUT, I'll agree that given this team, Gruden might have a chance to reach the Super Bowl AS LONG as Raheem was his DC (or a good coach with a defensive mindset).
The problem is...Gruden would have never gotten this amount or type of talent together. It's not a knock on him just how he goes about things. Gruden and Allen did a great job of compiling one off teams, teams that had a very small window to do good. This FO and coach have taken the longer but more stable building approach that will allow for repeated success.

JDog

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 16, 2011, 09:35:50 AM

Gruden and Allen did a great job of compiling one off teams, teams that had a very small window to do good.

I don't think they did that at all.  The teams they assembled were crap talent teams that overachieved due to extremely good coaching.   Raheem would have gone 0-16 with that 2008 team.   He can't win a game without Freeman carrying him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 16, 2011, 09:47:56 AM

Gruden and Allen did a great job of compiling one off teams, teams that had a very small window to do good.

I don't think they did that at all.  The teams they assembled were crap talent teams that overachieved due to extremely good coaching.   Raheem would have gone 0-16 with that 2008 team.   He can't win a game without Freeman carrying him.

That 2008 team wasnt that bad. Garcia did a good job when he played. Our defense was good until they knew Monte was leaving. 2008 team >09 team by far. Experience is better than talent in my opinion. Also I wont take away from Grudens coaching. He did a great job. Would actually love to see what he could do with the team we have now.... if it were 3 years from now. They are still too young for his taste.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 16, 2011, 09:52:04 AM

I'll start with the negative first. You're starting to flip flop again between whether you think this team is going to succeed next year.

BUT, I'll agree that given this team, Gruden might have a chance to reach the Super Bowl AS LONG as Raheem was his DC (or a good coach with a defensive mindset).
The problem is...Gruden would have never gotten this amount or type of talent together. It's not a knock on him just how he goes about things. Gruden and Allen did a great job of compiling one off teams, teams that had a very small window to do good. This FO and coach have taken the longer but more stable building approach that will allow for repeated success.

Jon Gruden is great at scheming and working out the Xs and Os. As an OC he's fine. He has no eye for talent and players can't relate to him. Seven years here and not one single great talent can he point to to say he developed as a player, not one. Raheem leads from in front. Gruden was behind everybody cracking the whip. Raheem is honest with his guys and they respect him for that. They'll go through a brick wall for him,and that's why they will compete consistently year after year. The roller coaster ride is over. We have franchise QB and it didn't take seven years to find one. I appreciate 2002. 2003 to 2008 didn't impress me. Gruden had something to build on and couldn't. As far as I am concerned, Gruden has found his niche and he should stay in the media. The Bucs have found what they needed, a HC.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This guy just keeps getting better... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools