Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This guy just keeps getting better... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#60 : June 17, 2011, 05:55:25 AM

The Bucs would be smart to let this team build another year or two, then bring Gruden back to coach them to the next level.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#61 : June 17, 2011, 06:11:14 AM

The Bucs would be smart to let this team build another year or two, then bring Gruden back to coach them to the next level.

hahahaha right.... because Gruden can only coach the already established teams. Cant you see thats why hes on ESPN now and not on the sideline jdog???  ;)

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#62 : June 17, 2011, 06:46:06 AM

Not supposed to piss anyone off.   Just meant as a reminder to those saying Gruden never did anything.   The people saying that know damn well he did something, but they seem to enjoy being liars rather than admit it for some reason.

Dont think anybody is unhappy with what he did in his time here just think people thought he should have done better. If he got us a ring, he should have been able to get us past the first round of the playoffs again. Simple as that.

The thing is that after six years of mediocrity, no end was in sight. The team was still searching for a QB and that was far from being the only issue. The BIGGEST issue was lousy leadership and poor planning from the HC and GM. They created a team who's only goal was sixteen paychecks. Grudy had a top ten offense just ONCE in seven years, and, other than the preparation for the Raiders, never had to concern himself with the defense. All he had to worry about was the offense. The Bucs would never have won a SB with Tony Dungy. Grudy was the key piece for 2002. After that he went Hollywood. I challenge anyone to name even one offensive player that the Bucs drafted that Grudy turned into an impact player in the NFL. The same could probably be said about the Raiders. Grudy sailed a rudderless ship and that's why he was fired. He loves the camera (and probably the makeup) and the attention he gets as part of the media. The broadcast booth is his true calling.. Coaching is not. In his last six years, he missed the playoffs altogether FOUR times and lost in the first round TWICE. It's a fact and there is nothing impressive about it. The Glazers struck gold with Raheem and Dominik. This ship has direction, focus, and a boatload of talented YOUNG players.

There is no need to lie. These are the facts.

JDog

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#63 : June 17, 2011, 08:15:33 AM

There is no need to lie.

I'm not saying your post is a lie.   I'm saying the quote below is a lie.

GruAllen didn't do a good job at anything!!!!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#64 : January 02, 2012, 05:22:40 AM

Morris turned the team around when he took over the D and Freeman started. The team never quit and he learned a lot of needed things in a short period. He and MD have completely rebuilt the roster and the turnover is huge, and are on to getting the Bucs back to a contender.

You may be the only one here who has that opinion.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 02, 2012, 07:55:51 AM

"Take your underwear off...and put your face on people!"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 02, 2012, 09:21:19 AM

Morris turned the team around when he took over the D and Freeman started. The team never quit and he learned a lot of needed things in a short period. He and MD have completely rebuilt the roster and the turnover is huge, and are on to getting the Bucs back to a contender.

You may be the only one here who has that opinion.

At the beginning of the season I would have agreed with tatman.

Right now it's very hard to make that argument. It's hard to think of a reason why Morris should keep his job. Regardless of what guys say, this team quit about 6 weeks ago. We've been beat down by good and bad teams. I like Morris although I'm getting tired of hearing about change and not seeing anything different on the field.

Hate to say it but I do tend to agree with Java on this one. As a big fan of Morris, I'm very lukewarm on the guy right.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#67 : January 02, 2012, 09:31:36 AM

I regret nothing about supporting Morris last year and the first part of this year, N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

I like him. I wish him well.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This guy just keeps getting better... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools