Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is one guy that called everything that is happening in todays economy. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: June 16, 2011, 06:15:26 PM

No one listened at the time, but hes won both of the debates so far and his party is moving towards his "extreme" positions of not spending more money than you bring in, and the constituion.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 16, 2011, 06:17:52 PM

another great video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XlIvVizhWY&feature=youtu.be
: June 16, 2011, 06:21:03 PM SarasotaBuc Fan

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 16, 2011, 06:20:18 PM

Conversation with the candidate. Just listen to how he frames the debate. no other politician mentions the military industrial complex, or that we are run by corporatism not capitalism.

No one is mentioning our main export is $$$ and we do not create hardly any goods here.

In 1 hour he gives all the answers to the questions you have for him, like people like you....

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 16, 2011, 06:25:51 PM

The revolution is happening. This is way different than 4 years ago. Everything he said has happened.

If printing money and spending more than we bring in, why would we do that x10 to get us out? has it worked?

If you want another 10 years of depression, then keep voting for the establishment.

Ron Paul wasn't a viable candidate 4 years ago. Ron Paul is a candidate that can win now. The problems in this country can be solved very simply... Freedom and liberty.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 16, 2011, 06:54:34 PM

i love that guy, and will certainly vote for him given the chance.  but i dont think he has a snowballs chance.  he isnt "cool" and "hip" enough, and he doesnt tell everyone what they want to hear.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : June 16, 2011, 07:07:06 PM

He raised $24 million last election but didn't have a single commercial air on TV. What did he do w/ the money? He wrote a book and pocketed the rest.

What did he do when it was obvious he wouldn't win? He didn't endorse McCain, he endorsed Nader.

Doesn't sound like a wise man, imo.

BTW, when you fight two wars (2.5, really), and you have the country nearing a depression (car industry, banking industry, housing, massive unemployment), the gov't needs to spend more money than it takes in to stabilize the economy. You can't have the gov't balance the budget when all of this is going on.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 16, 2011, 07:16:31 PM

He raised $24 million last election but didn't have a single commercial air on TV. What did he do w/ the money? He wrote a book and pocketed the rest.

What did he do when it was obvious he wouldn't win? He didn't endorse McCain, he endorsed Nader.

Doesn't sound like a wise man, imo.

BTW, when you fight two wars (2.5, really), and you have the country nearing a depression (car industry, banking industry, housing, massive unemployment), the gov't needs to spend more money than it takes in to stabilize the economy. You can't have the gov't balance the budget when all of this is going on.

LOL there is so much wrong with this post its hilarious!!! we are used to it though morgan...

hows your "spend more money to get us out" working?

LOL

LOL @ accusing ron paul of stealing money donated to him!!

jesus christ you are killing me LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. SO FUNNY LOLOLOL..

morgan, you are so mis informed its absolutly hilarious LOL

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 16, 2011, 07:25:55 PM

you do know how little 24 milion$ is if your running for president?

just by doing a quick litte search (instead of pulling things out of my ass)

Ron Paul also built an extensive field organization in about 40 states, from the ground up, in just a few months. This was a major expense, and one all of the serious candidates faced. Giuliani and McCain and Romney built their organizations a year in advance, and it almost bankrupted McCain when he couldn't raise as much money as the other two.

Was it money well spent? Ron Paul did very well in the caucus states where a good ground was required, compared to primary states where media attention determines the outcome. In primary states, he earned between 3 and 8 percent of the vote. In caucus states, it was between 8 and 25 percent, with a few second place finishes.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 16, 2011, 07:29:02 PM

Why would he endorse war mongerers? or people that dont respect the constitution?

This isnt about sticking with your party... both parties are exactly the same when they get into office.

He supports people who don't sell out.

You are so effing stupid morgan. such a misguided human.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 16, 2011, 08:08:39 PM

i love that guy, and will certainly vote for him given the chance.  but i dont think he has a snowballs chance.  he isnt "cool" and "hip" enough, and he doesnt tell everyone what they want to hear.

I think you'd be surprised at the number of young people who like/follow Ron Paul.  Shoot, just look at the OP.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 16, 2011, 09:21:26 PM

I think you'd be surprised at the number of young people who like/follow Ron Paul.  Shoot, just look at the OP.

i wish i would be.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 16, 2011, 09:24:31 PM

Yeah Paul's problem isn't with young people. They are where most of his support comes from. I think this might have been what put him over the top:

spartan

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 17, 2011, 09:47:24 AM

When your answer to every single question is 'get the Govt out of it', sure, some of the time your gonna sound good, but on other occasions .....

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#13 : June 17, 2011, 03:33:50 PM

If you want another 10 years of depression, then keep voting for the establishment.

Another 10 yrs? I didn't know that we even had one year of depression.....you really lose credibility when you don't realize even the basic macroeconomic terms.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 17, 2011, 04:07:36 PM

Another 10 yrs? I didn't know that we even had one year of depression.....you really lose credibility when you don't realize even the basic macroeconomic terms.

and this is why you have no credibility morgan.  When the underemployment/unemployment rate is over 20% how is that not a depression?   Maybe the stocks on wall street don't show they are depressed, because we keep pumping inflated money into the system.

Just because the media calls this a recession and refuses to call it a depression (because it could cause a panic) it is a depression. The average american is monitairly depressed. The price of a barrel of oil has went up by 50% since 2008.

Our food prices, oil prices are all going up. Don't you understand that is inflation?

Here is a definition of depression, we will analyze it together.

In economics, a depression is a sustained, long-term downturn in economic activity in one or more economies. It is a more severe downturn than a recession, which is seen by some economists as part of the modern business cycle.

The recession happened aroud 2003, since 2008 we have had a sustained downturn of the economy (not just wall street, but the average person) Prices have skyrocketed and underemployment/unemployment has been over 20% for 2 years.

This is a depression. A ressecion is seen as a slight downturn, like a summer of inflated gas prices and low stocks with a bit higher unemployment.

A depression is seen as a sustained downturn of the economy.

I'm shocked that you don't understand simple macroeconomics vocab. Morgan, one day you will be right, keep making outrageous statments without facts to back it up.

Can't wait for you to ask me where i got my statistics... One source is Gallup poll, another is reuters, another is huffington post.  there are plenty of stats to look at, just search google.

Keep on giving me things that i can throw back in your face and show your lack of knowledge!!!  give me more dumb things morgan, your full of em!!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is one guy that called everything that is happening in todays economy. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools