Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is one guy that called everything that is happening in todays economy. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 21, 2011, 11:37:52 AM

Love Gary Johnson, what he says is awesome. For some reason, not appealing to the masses

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#31 : June 21, 2011, 02:15:03 PM

Ron Paul has zero chance to be the next president of the United States.  If he is on the ballot as a libertarian or independent come election day he will be that incompetent fool Obama's best friend.  In the CNN Republican debate not one viewer - not one - voted that they thought he won the debate.  He was the only candidate on that stage that didn't get any votes.

Almost every poll shows that the economy and jobs are Americans biggest concerns, yet we elected Obama who has not a single hour of experience in the private sector.  The manager at the Burger King closest to where you are has more business experience than this inept buffoon.  What is needed now is someone that will repeal Obama's mindless boondoggles like Obamacare and begin to repair our economy.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#32 : June 21, 2011, 02:33:00 PM

I voted for Obama in '08 - and I will be voting for Ron Paul in 2012.  At this point, why not?

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#33 : June 21, 2011, 04:06:28 PM

I voted for Obama in '08 - and I will be voting for Ron Paul in 2012.  At this point, why not?

Why not?  Because there is ZERO chance that he will win.  At best votes for him will enable Obama to be re-elected similar to how Perot's 19% in 1992 allowed a perverted Democrat to be elected president.  Then again you voted for Obummer so I don't suspect you to be knowledgeable of any of this.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 21, 2011, 04:13:18 PM

Why not?  Because there is ZERO chance that he will win.  At best votes for him will enable Obama to be re-elected similar to how Perot's 19% in 1992 allowed a perverted Democrat to be elected president.  Then again you voted for Obummer so I don't suspect you to be knowledgeable of any of this.

I think anyone who votes Ron Paul isn't going to see the Republican as a viable alternative. It's not as if he's even in the same ballpark as the Republican front runners on policy issues. The difference between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney or Tim Pawlenty is about a mile long.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 21, 2011, 04:42:17 PM

Ron Paul is picking up some steam.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20072266-503544.html

There are people I know who were calling him crazy in 2008 that are now starting to come around to his brand of crazy.  He's not out of the realm of possibilities by any means.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#36 : June 21, 2011, 05:06:39 PM

I think anyone who votes Ron Paul isn't going to see the Republican as a viable alternative. It's not as if he's even in the same ballpark as the Republican front runners on policy issues. The difference between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney or Tim Pawlenty is about a mile long.

Then how many miles long do you consider the difference between Ron Paul and the jackass in the White House?  Ron Paul just participated in the CNN REPUBLICAN GOP debate.  Do you anticipate that he will participate in any Democrat debates?  Do you think he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning the 2012 presidential election?  He doesn't.  At best he will take votes away from the Republican candidate much to glee of supporters of the resident White House circus clown Obama.

Again, not a single human that viewed the CNN debate voted that they felt that Ron Paul won.  NONE!  That is almost unheard of.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 21, 2011, 05:14:33 PM

perverted Democrat

LOL

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 21, 2011, 05:15:09 PM

Then how many miles long do you consider the difference between Ron Paul and the jackass in the White House?  Ron Paul just participated in the CNN REPUBLICAN GOP debate.  Do you anticipate that he will participate in any Democratic debates?  Do you think he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning the 2012 presidential election?  He doesn't.  At best he will take votes away from the Republican candidate much to glee of supporters of the resident White House circus clown Obama.

Again, not a single human that viewed the CNN debate voted that they felt that Ron Paul won.  NONE!  That is almost unheard of.

You are missing the point. You are assuming that if people don't vote for Paul, they will vote for Mitt Romney. I am telling you that the vast majority of people that will vote for Paul would opt to simply not vote rather than to vote for Mitt Romney. The only other candidate that sparks their interest is Gary Johnson, who is also a mile away from Romney. At least that's the case with many of the Libertarian leaning folks in my circle of friends.

BTW, I fixed your post by adding the "ic" to Democratic. I'm sure it was merely a typo. No worries. It happens to us all.  ;)

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#39 : June 21, 2011, 05:49:08 PM

In the CNN Republican debate not one viewer - not one - voted that they thought he won the debate.  He was the only candidate on that stage that didn't get any votes.

This statement couldn't be any further from the truth and was very misleading when it was first reported. Not only did CNN leave out their own poll, in which Ron Paul was shown winning the debate by 72%, but they use a little know publication for polling, The National Journal. Not only that, but when when it was first reported, you can see that there was only 56 votes submitted!  What a joke!!!When it was all done and over with, Ron Paul was winning with 33% of the votes submitted. On top of that, Fox News copied off CNN with the same report, can you say smear campaign? They are doing everything within their power to keep him from getting elected. Why? Because mainstream media outlets are ran by big corporations. Big corporations fear a Ron Paul presidency because their interest are in jeopardy.

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#40 : June 21, 2011, 06:15:05 PM

He actually received 78% of the vote. Mean D fell victim to MSM's believe what ever we say rhetoric.

: June 21, 2011, 06:17:44 PM TBbuccaneer40

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 22, 2011, 07:00:43 AM

Mean D, the poll that you are citing was used by CNN, CNBC and FOX, as was said, only 56 people voted in that poll, I wonder who? On CNN's website Paul won the debate, 78%. On CNBC Paul had 80%. On MSNBC Paul had 68%. On FOX paul had 53%. 

Mean D, you say that Ron Paul will "pull votes away"... How? He's running as a republican, not a libertarian. He is a republican, hasn't been a libertarian since like '88 when he ran for the first time. You are definetly mis-informed, but don't worry, ill help inform you.

Mean D, you say that Ron Paul has no chance? how? He has won both debates so far, according to polling. As much as Ron Paul is said to be a "fringe" candidate by the media, the polling shows that not true. In 2008 RP was looked on as a kook. Bu he called everything that is happening right no
w. And his following shows that he is a front runner in the Republican primary.

What's not to like about Ron Paul, Mean D? Ron Paul has the most consistent voting record. He has changed his views since getting in office, he has integrity and is a very likable guy. Maybe he's a little short, maybe he's a little old... But his ideas are infectious. What's not to like about freedom? Mean D, you are spewing out the same thing the media spewed out in 2008, I think its time you acrtually watch the debates, not just check a random poll that 56 people voted in. The republican party has come to Ron Pauls side, they are all saying the same things (except foreign policy and some other things) but none of them have the perfect voting record he does.

Mean D, please re-evaluate Ron Paul. Watch the videos I posted. What's there not to like? Take what the media says out of it. This guy can win. Why not vote for him, just because the media says he has no chance? He pin pointed the problems, he doesn't skirt around them like every other Republican candidate.

Mean D, I'm not arguing with you, I want you to see for yourself, don't listen to the media. Ron Paul is answering the things everyone else dodges. Please listen to his positions, and give him time to explain why. Just go on youtube and type in ron paul.

Please Mean D, I know you are better than this, I know you arnt going to write a candidate off because the media says he can't win... He's won most of the polls regarding the presidency, however, the polls reported recently, when check, show to only be 50 or 60 people voting, I don't know why, but I wonder who thos 50 or 60 are that are being polled for these "fixed" polls. 

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 22, 2011, 07:02:41 AM

Damn typo, I'm on my phne, its meant to said "he hasn't changed his views since getting into office"

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 22, 2011, 07:10:12 AM

I wonder how a candidate that runs of the platform of liberty and freedom can be seen as a kook or fringe... Whenever I ask people, they reply that he has no chance, but they always think he has no chance because of what the media has told them. The media is not to be trusted. If you've been talkin about Ron Paul, and have not put in some work to listen to his stances and reasons why, I don't know how you form an opinion. Please, just listen to the youtubes I posted, click around youtube, listen to some more. Why vote for the establishment? Look at the mess they have cause.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#44 : June 22, 2011, 07:24:23 AM

If Ron Paul were to get elected I would be happily suprised. He is not an elitest puppet and is against the Federal Resrve system, speaks openly about the military industrial complex...
he is no Washington insider by any means. Interesting to see how those television polls on that debate had him at 0% of the vote ~ but the reality was he won convincingly. Hmmmmmm

Ive heard many of his views and he is extremely smart.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is one guy that called everything that is happening in todays economy. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools