Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haynesworthless to Tampa Bay? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: June 18, 2011, 08:30:58 AM

Jason la something on the NFL Network is the latest TH to project Tampa Bay as a possible destination for big Al. I'm fine with that as long as it's just the "Bay" that he's headed for, and not the football team. I realize that the Bucs tried to sign him when he left Tennessee, but our situation with the DL was very different then. Also the perception and the reality of Albert wasn't common knowledge. Everybody thought he would be a great addition to any team. I was disappointed when he rejected the Bucs. Now I would be disappointed if the Bucs showed any interest in him. I believe we have all the talent we need right now. They just need experience and seasoning. Haynesworth would ruin team chemistry IMO. He's not a good fit here at any price, and he won't be happy unless he is breaking the bank. Detroit and Philly were also mentioned. I don't care where he goes as long as it's not the Bucs. We don't need him.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#1 : June 18, 2011, 08:41:31 AM

I'm with you, stay away Albert, stay away.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 18, 2011, 09:43:31 AM

I think this is a stupid rumor. I think we have ZERO interest in Haynesworth.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 18, 2011, 09:44:30 AM

LOL; only if they GIVE us something to take him off their hands. Maybe Shanahan will give us the rights to Jake Plummer; no wait.....

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 18, 2011, 09:51:29 AM

I didn't want him the first time.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 18, 2011, 09:54:04 AM

Only way I'd take Haynesworth is if he comes super cheap. Like for a 5th rounder. Then I'd turn around and trade him to the Eagles for a 3rd.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 18, 2011, 10:00:59 AM

LOL - and he could come back to haunt you - the big jerk is very talented.  If one knew he would play for the bucs/Raheem he might be a great bargain.  But after his time in DC.... hard to take a chance.  Would be funny to aggravate Snyder by moving him back into the East and getting a better pick...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 18, 2011, 10:46:25 AM

In recent times whenever a player became available, the Bucs were a natural target for two reasons. We needed upgrades at a lot of positions, and Grudy had a fondness for veteran players. I believe he felt he didn't have to teach them anything other than his playbook. Raheem loves teaching. He's fine with young talented players. The experts haven't caught on to the fact that we have most of the upgrades already on the roster. They just need time to build a reputation and become recognized. We still have needs, but not nearly so many.

As a publicity stunt, Gruden should buy shades for everyone attending the season opener. The future really IS brighter for this team............now that he's gone.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 18, 2011, 11:37:31 AM

How would you define recent times 1sparky?  Seems the bucs have moved on an you haven't. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 18, 2011, 02:21:11 PM

How would you define recent times 1sparky?  Seems the bucs have moved on an you haven't.

The last decade would fit that description. Team needs are being addressed with an eye on the long term solution. I applaud the new approach. The Bucs don't go anywhere without my support, even when I don't agree with what they're doing. I have NEVER been more in agreement with what they are doing than I am right now.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 18, 2011, 02:25:20 PM

That's a long recent - but you post and you get to define - lol.  I understand.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 18, 2011, 05:16:13 PM

Oh no, not this again.  ::)

Tampa has as much chance of AH being brought in as "peewee" Herman does getting Man of the year.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 18, 2011, 05:18:50 PM

McCoy, Price, Miller, Okam, Woods......why would we need a cancer like Haynesworth??

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#13 : June 18, 2011, 05:30:42 PM

Jason "whoever" is clearly talking out of his butt and hasnt done any research. It is obvious that his whole basis on us wanting Haynesworth is the fact that we were the second highest bidder when he was a free agent. This is completely dismissing the fact that we have completely rebuilt that position, completely focused on youth, and discovered what a cancer Al really is. There is a 0% chance we aquire Haynesworth.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 18, 2011, 06:18:19 PM

The only cancerous Skin I could see the Bucs trading for is DeAngelo Hall, IF Talib get a big suspension AND IF we don't get Aso. The only other player on their entire roster that fits here is draftee Kerrigan.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haynesworthless to Tampa Bay? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools