Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haynesworthless to Tampa Bay? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 18, 2011, 07:16:58 PM

IF Haynesworth comes and is on his best behavior and IF Talib and Jackson return and get their acts together and IF all our young d-linemen are healthy  and perform up to their potential and IF our linebackers get figured out, we'd have a terrifying defense!!!!!!

But yeah, stay away. :)

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#16 : June 18, 2011, 07:30:04 PM

McCoy, Price, Miller, Okam, Woods......why would we need a cancer like Haynesworth??
Exactly and I'm gonna be SMH if we don't keep all 5 of those guys barring Injury. That is a young, versatile, and very talented group of DT's that are gonna get excellent coaching from Millard and Stetz. I really hope they keep all 5.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 18, 2011, 10:11:32 PM

McCoy, Price, Miller, Okam, Woods......why would we need a cancer like Haynesworth??
Exactly and I'm gonna be SMH if we don't keep all 5 of those guys barring Injury. That is a young, versatile, and very talented group of DT's that are gonna get excellent coaching from Millard and Stetz. I really hope they keep all 5.
It's really hard to keep 5 DT's because they're not as valuable on special teams as the smaller-bodied players and often on passing downs your bigger DE's will kick inside and you'll have at most one true DT on the field. Many games in the past the Bucs only have 3 active DT's on game day.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 18, 2011, 10:52:43 PM

Jason "whoever" is clearly talking out of his butt and hasnt done any research. It is obvious that his whole basis on us wanting Haynesworth is the fact that we were the second highest bidder when he was a free agent. This is completely dismissing the fact that we have completely rebuilt that position, completely focused on youth, and discovered what a cancer Al really is. There is a 0% chance we aquire Haynesworth.

I believe we actually offered him more than the Redskins did, but more of their offer was guaranteed money. Our last three drafts would have been very different had he joined the  Bucs. Thank fictional heavenly being he didn't. We're much better off without him and I hope it stays that way.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 19, 2011, 12:36:13 AM

It's really hard to keep 5 DT's because they're not as valuable on special teams as the smaller-bodied players and often on passing downs your bigger DE's will kick inside and you'll have at most one true DT on the field. Many games in the past the Bucs only have 3 active DT's on game day.

Plus, with DEs like Alex Magee that can move inside, it just really doesn't make sense to keep more than 4 DTs on the roster....unless the roster limit goes from 53 to 60 in the new CBA. Speaking of which, getting to the cap floor would be considerably easier if we get to have 60 on the active roster. It would also be interesting to see how the increase to 60 would effect the salary cap.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 19, 2011, 01:12:41 AM

Jdub, Speaking of Macgee, what about his arrest? Do we give him another chance?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 19, 2011, 01:15:11 AM

I think they'll keep him for now. He was really looking good towards the end of last year and the versatility to play LE or DT makes him valuable depth. Expired license and a roach in the ashtray is stupid....but imo it isn't the type of offense that you cut ties over. If he has another screw up then it becomes a pattern and that is a different story.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 19, 2011, 08:04:21 AM

Theres no way we sign him. I think he ends up in Philly.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 19, 2011, 07:17:10 PM

Blackisted, after what he did he is...

Golddigger he is...

[srry, just watched starwars lol]

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#24 : June 20, 2011, 03:40:39 AM

Frank Okam and Al Woods? Come on man. Those two are rotational players at best. And I know Roy Miller looked great out there as a rookie two years ago when we had one of the worst d-lines of all time but I'm not really that high on him either. I think both McCoy and Price are going to be great, but them along with Bowers have injury concerns. You can call Haynesworth a bum all you want right now, but when he actually feels like trying again he's going to dominate. And he is a good teammate and a real blue collar type of guy but I think he just hates his coach. It would just be risky to bring him in here and mess with the culture that we're building. That's the only reason I'd be hesitant to do it. Please don't let him go to Philly.......let him go back to the AFC

BucFanOcala1

Second String

#25 : June 20, 2011, 07:11:36 AM

I expect big things from frank the tank and GmC....I seriouslly hope they find someone to replace G smooth Stylez g white lol...What a loser.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 20, 2011, 07:20:46 AM

Anyone that would want us to bring in a 30 year old scumbag like Haynesworth to play over our young promising guys is off their rocker.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 20, 2011, 08:38:53 AM

Anyone that would want us to bring in a 30 year old scumbag like Haynesworth to play over our young promising guys is off their rocker.

I absolutely agree with you. It bothers me that we have "experts" who see some logic in it. Hopefully the Bucs don't.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haynesworthless to Tampa Bay? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools