Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Only the Bucs or Goodell, can prevent Talib from playing this season « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 20, 2011, 11:44:36 AM

This is what I figured from day one. A judgement next year which means he plays this season....which is why I say you play him, hope he looks great, and then trade his ass right before the trade deadline in week 6. I don't care what happens with this case. The kid is an idiot and it's a matter of when not if he will self destruct again. Better to get something for him now than nothing for him later. If the right situation presents itself, like a key injury to a CB on a 5-0 team...I'm confident Dominik Houdini could get a 2nd round pick for him.

I'm 1000% behind trading him at the deadline.  Even if we can't get a 2nd.  Get rid of this idiot and wash our hands of him.  I have faith that Dom can turn the pick into a player.

Who the  heck is going to trade for him if he has a possible suspension looming over his head?  It's looking like nothing will be resolved concerning him by the trade deadline, or even for the 2011  season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 20, 2011, 12:42:08 PM

Laugh out loud. My how things have changed in 3 years. When we drafted him I raised concerns about his inelegance after Talib the first interview. Boy did i get Slammed on the message board. I even was called a racist. Now I mentioned that I think the league will allow do due process before taking action and I get slammed for liking Talib. This is to funny.

Talib lacks the ability to resolve problems through patience and understanding. He shows a high level of irritableness towards people who lack those same skills.
I believe Talib to be much more educated then he lets on based on what players and coaches have said about Talib. I do think Talib has a verbal problem. He has trouble formulating words that allows him to express what he is thinking. He can probably show people what to do much better then he can verbally emplane what to do. This often leads a person who can not verbalise to extreme frustration and tends to lash out. I think if you get Talib into occupational speech  therapy and away from his family Talib will be a different person

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 20, 2011, 12:46:51 PM

Laugh out loud. My how things have changed in 3 years. When we drafted him I raised concerns about his inelegance after Talib the first interview. Boy did i get Slammed on the message board. I even was called a racist. Now I mentioned that I think the league will allow do due process before taking action and I get slammed for liking Talib. This is to funny.

Talib lacks the ability to resolve problems through patience and understanding. He shows a high level of irritableness towards people who lack those same skills.
I believe Talib to be much more educated then he lets on based on what players and coaches have said about Talib. I do think Talib has a verbal problem. He has trouble formulating words that allows him to express what he is thinking. He can probably show people what to do much better then he can verbally emplane what to do. This often leads a person who can not verbalise to extreme frustration and tends to lash out. I think if you get Talib into occupational speech  therapy and away from his family Talib will be a different person

do due process?   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 20, 2011, 01:48:23 PM

This is what I figured from day one. A judgement next year which means he plays this season....which is why I say you play him, hope he looks great, and then trade his ass right before the trade deadline in week 6. I don't care what happens with this case. The kid is an idiot and it's a matter of when not if he will self destruct again. Better to get something for him now than nothing for him later. If the right situation presents itself, like a key injury to a CB on a 5-0 team...I'm confident Dominik Houdini could get a 2nd round pick for him.

I'm 1000% behind trading him at the deadline.  Even if we can't get a 2nd.  Get rid of this idiot and wash our hands of him.  I have faith that Dom can turn the pick into a player.

Who the  heck is going to trade for him if he has a possible suspension looming over his head?  It's looking like nothing will be resolved concerning him by the trade deadline, or even for the 2011  season.

If there is a 5-0 team that desperately needs a CB and thinks it's the difference between a SB or not....they aren't going to let a possible suspension in 2012 stop them.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 20, 2011, 02:15:13 PM

If there is a 5-0 team that desperately needs a CB and thinks it's the difference between a SB or not....they aren't going to let a possible suspension in 2012 stop them.

Beat me to it

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 20, 2011, 02:36:41 PM

It might not happen, but there could be that situation in which we can still get a decent pick for him. Imagine if Revis goes on IR in week 5. You don't think the Jets would take on Talib? Just because he has worn out his welcome here doesn't mean some other team won't think he is worth the trouble.

Look at Brandon Marshall. He has a rap sheet as long as my leg from getting arrested at least once every year, he was involved in an altercation that resulted in the death of a teammate, he beats his wife, he disrespects his coach and ownership in public, and he has a questionable hip issue.....and the Dolphins gave the Broncos TWO 2 round picks for him and then made him the highest paid receiver in the history of the NFL.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I say let some other team realize Talib is trash. If we keep him, I guarantee you in 2 years time we will have no Talib and nothing to show for it. Why not get something if we can?
: June 20, 2011, 02:38:26 PM JDouble

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 20, 2011, 06:12:17 PM

if they set the trial for mid feb talib plays the whole season......if I was Dom 'id sign Aso and then after 8 games make a deal with any playoff bound team in need of a good cb......could get us a 2nd rd pick...be very hard to let him go for morris.....would be an unpopular move......so he just may stay the whole year......or Dominik could make the smart move  and get a high draft pick....but the most important move to set the bucs up for multiple sbs is signing Aso.....it also stops the saints and falcons from signing him.
                                                                DOM PLEASE SIGN ASO
: June 20, 2011, 06:15:41 PM 4bucs

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 20, 2011, 06:14:19 PM

if the set the trial for mid feb talib plays the whole season......if I was Dom 'id sign Aso and then after 8 games make a deal with any playoff bound team in need of a good cb......could get us a 2nd rd pick...be very hard to let him go for morris.....would be an unpopular move......so he just may stay the whole year......or Dominik could make the smart move  and get a high draft pick....

We don't have to sign ASO to do this

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 20, 2011, 06:21:04 PM

if the set the trial for mid feb talib plays the whole season......if I was Dom 'id sign Aso and then after 8 games make a deal with any playoff bound team in need of a good cb......could get us a 2nd rd pick...be very hard to let him go for morris.....would be an unpopular move......so he just may stay the whole year......or Dominik could make the smart move  and get a high draft pick....

We don't have to sign ASO to do this
there is no intelligent reason  to not sign Aso...thats why we will.....keeps him from the saints and falcons too.
                                                 DOM PLEASE SIGN ASO

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 20, 2011, 08:14:02 PM

The trade deadline is week 6....so we'd have problems trying to trade him after 8 games.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 20, 2011, 08:22:26 PM

im almost for keeping talib.  just the way barber and the others talk about him, he is a good piece to have.  not necessary, but very nice.  he brings a swagger.  but do i expect him to find trouble with the law again?  unfortunately so.  another tough decision for dominik and morris.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 20, 2011, 08:23:07 PM

cute - lol - could be a problem Jdouble ...  ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 20, 2011, 09:50:06 PM

Just a tad bit of irony in this post methinks.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 20, 2011, 10:38:36 PM

cute - lol - could be a problem Jdouble ...  ;)
oops.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Only the Bucs or Goodell, can prevent Talib from playing this season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools