Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN Freeman vs. Stafford. Vote Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #15 : June 20, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »

It depends on the question they're asking. If they're asking who the better QB is without the surrounding cast, sure, it's Freeman. If they're saying which team is better, then obviously (right now) they are.

But the question they're asking IS whom is the better QB. Right now the polls indicate the majority think Freeman is. I can't even imagine how good the Jets would be with Freeman at their helm instead of Sanchez. They flubbed up, not bigtime, but they did. Sanchez is an ok QB, but has shown all he's going to show. It's all he's got in the tank. Freeman hasn't even been let completely loose yet and is posting better numbers with a more inexperienced team.

If TB's defense shores up, TB is SB bound with Freeman. I firmly believe that. I also believe Freeman will have a ring before Sanchez too.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #16 : June 20, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »

Freeman: the fan’s choice
Posted Jun 20, 2011 by Roy Cummings

Updated Jun 20, 2011 at 02:48 PM

By ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune

TAMPA – ESPN’s Sportsnation is wondering out loud today in its Hot Button question of the day which quarterback from the 2009 draft will have the best career, and the winner so far is:

Josh Freeman of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Now, it could be that some Bucs fan somewhere is flooding the ballot box in Freeman’s favor, but with more thant 23,000 votes tabulated, he is indeed the choice of 42-percent of those participating in the poll.

The other options are Matthew Stafford of the Lions and Mark Sanchez of the Jets, and those two were getting 38-percent and 20-percent of the vote respectively.

Update.....30,320 votes

Free............43%
Stafford ..   37%
Sanchez....20%

« : June 20, 2011, 08:55:43 PM michael89156 »

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #17 : June 22, 2011, 03:09:34 AM »

"Now, it could be that some Bucs fan somewhere is flooding the ballot box in Freeman’s favor"

Now why does he have to bring that shat up? lol. It really didn't even need to be mentioned.  ::)

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #18 : June 22, 2011, 11:31:52 PM »

It's certainly no stunner that Josh won this, but how in the heck did Stafford get that many votes? Hasn't he missed as many games as he's played so far? Sanchez at least went to the conference championship game and beat the Patriots on the road to do it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #19 : June 23, 2011, 12:08:56 AM »

It's certainly no stunner that Josh won this, but how in the heck did Stafford get that many votes? Hasn't he missed as many games as he's played so far? Sanchez at least went to the conference championship game and beat the Patriots on the road to do it.

It is odd. The guy has played 13 games and missed 13 games due to 2 different shoulder injuries. He's thrown 19 TDs and 20 INTs. He's one more shoulder injury away from being Chad Pennington.

I don't think Sanchez is great or anything, but I think he's got to be better than Stafford at this point. Very odd indeed.
« : June 23, 2011, 12:10:40 AM JDouble »

Draft Aaron Donald

jlr0714

Starter
« #20 : June 23, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »

While I completely agree it's difficult to assess a QB who can't stay on the field....I think with Stafford there's still a sense of untapped potential.   With Sanchez, there are a lot of people who think he's already shown as much as he ever will.    For the record...while Suh & Fairley are am imposing duo on the Lions D-line....once again they passed on the O-Line...so what is the likelihood that Stafford makes it through this season?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #21 : June 24, 2011, 01:39:21 AM »

...while Suh & Fairley are am imposing duo on the Lions D-line....once again they passed on the O-Line...

This. There was only one OT off the board when they chose, and yet they still passed. They deserve to continue to lose. I just feel sorry for Suh. Sucks that he'll be stuck there for 5 years. As far as Fairly goes, it cracks me up that people think the line is going to be so amazing now. It will be good, but it already was good. In case nobody noticed, Corey Williams and Sammie hill looked pretty damn good last year. With a beast like Suh you don't need your other DT to be amazing. I don't even think Fairly will make a noticeable difference....but keeping your QB healthy sure would have.

Idiots.
« : June 24, 2011, 01:40:53 AM JDouble »

Draft Aaron Donald

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #22 : June 24, 2011, 11:02:11 AM »

The reason Sanchez gets votes is the market he plays in....

The NY Jet market has a huge population.   

Staffords level of voting is more of an anomaly IMO.    But probably driven by his draft status.

Josh rules!

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #23 : June 25, 2011, 12:59:32 AM »

Glad Java is not here to pollute this thread with his non-Bucs fan stupidity.

Hey JAVA, SCREW YOU!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #24 : June 25, 2011, 02:17:49 AM »

Glad Java is not here to pollute this thread with his non-Bucs fan stupidity.

Hey JAVA, SCREW YOU!

Speak the truth. +1

I just can't understand why "stuffing the ballotbox" wasn't wondered about with Stafford.

I mean tampa had the media all up their butts about not having any sellout games all season long, but now the Bucs fans are "stuffing the ballot?"

Far as I can see, over half the Jet fans have to believe that Freeman was the better pick statistically speaking. Then, you have to figure Detroit just wishes they had a QB that could simply play a full season.

grotesktruth

Starter

« #25 : June 25, 2011, 02:40:13 AM »

IMO, the Jets die-hard homer Jets fans are the ones stuffing the box, who can't admit their feet sniffing coach made a boo-boo based on a popularity contest!  All the realistic Jets fans-along with the rest of the millions of NFL fans, realize that Free is the Dominator over both.
NO WAY should Sanchez even have 20 percent of vote. I can see where the potential of Stafford could sway some fans to believe he could be elite, but we'll probably never tell, cuz dude is flirting with suffering a career ending injury. It'll happen eventually if he doesn't do something to correct it
(I have heard that Staff is workin with some coach on how to "fall better" lololololol. thats a laugh)
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN Freeman vs. Stafford. Vote Freeman « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools