Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is the last time you heard Gruden talk in critical terms about any player? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 26, 2011, 12:36:31 PM

He definitely tries to not say a negative word about anybody just incase he ends up coaching them. I wish he'd be the REAL Gruden, that would make some good TV.

Agree.  His deal of praising everyone to no end is high school stuff.  I would like to hear him be honest about everyone.  I guess we can assume he defitnitly is planning on coaching again someday with the way he holds back in the booth.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 26, 2011, 01:29:32 PM

yeah Gruden ruined the franchise for the better part of a decade.

Nice avatar.

Java and his best buddy simply cannot be seperated.. Awesome.
: July 01, 2011, 01:07:51 PM PRPatrol

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 26, 2011, 03:32:06 PM

I suspect a bit of sarcasm was offered - the SB ring with the derogatory attack at the coach who was in place when the ring was won.... I could be wrong

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : June 26, 2011, 03:35:02 PM

Java and his best buddy simply cannot be seperated.. Awesome.

Looks more like I'm not the one thinking about him - you are...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 26, 2011, 05:32:24 PM

He tore into Clausen pretty good.

Willie Pete

Rookie

#20 : June 27, 2011, 02:48:17 PM

glad for what he did that one year. but...got his ring; lost his fire; now spends his time whispering sweet nothings into future employers/employees ears.  waste of football IQ and pretty blonde hair.

grotesktruth

Starter

#21 : June 30, 2011, 04:48:25 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/30/more-gushing-from-gruden-on-pryor/

Commenter on PFT  from today's Gruden/Pryor article:
"Even with all the Gruden gushing, Ill take his player evaluations over most of these Internet gurus ( PFt writers + commentors). You know because he actually has experience with what he is talking about, not evaluating players from a couch/computer chair."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Obviously this guy has never seen Chucky's evaluation of talent when it came time to sign players for Tampa...

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#22 : June 30, 2011, 05:01:36 PM

Since when is not talking bad about someone a bad thing? Give the man a break, jeez,

grotesktruth

Starter

#23 : June 30, 2011, 11:32:35 PM

He's not being realistic. I thought this was NFL, where we don't talk **CENSORED**, we just tell it like it is? (to an extent, until team politics come into play-but gruden has no team! And journalists/broadcasters are supposed to be OBJECTIVE)

JM2

Pro Bowler

#24 : July 01, 2011, 12:19:46 PM

I thought there was a little dust up at one point with regards to Jon Beason.  Yeah here is the link http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/jon-beason-bristles-at-jon-gruden-criticism/ maybe Beason put the fear of God into him afterwards and Gru just figured it wasn't worth it!

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is the last time you heard Gruden talk in critical terms about any player? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools