Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams' plays in basketball tournament « previous next »
Page: 1

YReceiver14

Starter

« : June 26, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »

Bucs’ Mike Williams gets in an unplanned lockout workout

Posted by Mike Florio on June 26, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT

As we wait for the NFL and the NFLPA* to demonstrate the kind of urgency that will get a labor deal done before we’re completely out of things to write about, we’re nearly out of things to write about.

So the bar has been lowered.  As the following story demonstrates.

Buccaneers receiver Mike Williams, whose strong performance as a rookie landed him on the list of the league’s top 100 players, attended the Gus Macker 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament in Buffalo, planning to serve as a coach.  But when one of his players was a no-show (maybe he quit the team in an homage to Williams’ college career at Syracuse), Williams had to play.

“I couldn’t leave my team hanging so I went in there,” Williams told Miguel Rodriguez of the Buffalo News.  “A lot of people were screaming ‘Mike Williams‘ on the sidelines so it feels good to be back home.”  (It probably didn’t feel good for the opponent whose nose got bloodied by an accidental elbow from Williams.)

Williams said he wasn’t worried about getting hurt.  And he didn’t get hurt.  He also spent time signing autographs.  And he presumably didn’t get hurt doing that, either.

But the autograph session raises an interesting question.  When Bucs receiver Mike Williams signs his name, does he add “not the one who was a top 10 pick but then got fat and now is skinny but is hoping not to get fat again”?  Or maybe he just uses his middle initial.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #1 : June 26, 2011, 05:39:05 PM »

:o didn't Micheal Clayton like playing basketball.  ???

FreeWill

Starter

« #2 : June 26, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »

Florio is a POS

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #3 : June 26, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »

Could this article be any more negative towards Mike Williams? Florio is a POS indeed.

Draft Aaron Donald

YReceiver14

Starter

« #4 : June 26, 2011, 06:59:03 PM »

Florio is a POS

Absolutely.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

flash_kiley

Second String

« #5 : June 26, 2011, 10:26:22 PM »

I'm more interested in if he dunked on or swatted somebody... :)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #6 : June 27, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »

I'm more interested in if he dunked on or swatted somebody... :)

I'm sure....

Draft Aaron Donald

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #7 : June 27, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »

That video was awesome.                                                                                                   AWESOME   

« #8 : June 28, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »

I love Mike Williams, he is my 2nd fav current Buccaneer

Hey! Look what I found!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/tampa-bay-bucs-rookie-receiver-mike-williams-grants-big-fan-a-dream-day/1141871

Great story.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams' plays in basketball tournament « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools