Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We have the $$$, we need this guy. No reasons to not get him. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 27, 2011, 02:53:11 PM

3 reasons:
1. He will want to be the highest paid CB in league history
2. Considering #1 he better be a perfect fit for our scheme and he is not
3. Not sure what type of guy he is but team chemistry is worth a lot.

Rebuttal

1. So? Not our money and we are one of, if not the lowest payroll. We made Jeff Faine the highest paid center, the next year a center got paid more money than him. Highest paid cb wont be highest paid next year, whgen revis gets his.  This isn't a motivation problem like haynesworth was... This guy is known throughout the league for being incredible, a future HOF for sure.
2. Scheme? c'mon not that argument again. Hes a corner. I  think Raheem would love it if he could change the scheme to where he never has to worry about the #1 WR, dont you?  Aso is a player, his game is refined, did you even watch the video i posted?
3. Did you watch the video? He is a smart guy that is helping his teamates every step of the way.  Do you watch football other than the bucs? Watch the video.

For everyone else that is commenting in here and hasnt watched the video, please watch it. Shows how well respected this guy is and how great he really is.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 27, 2011, 03:14:07 PM

My favorite argument is that weshould spend the money because its not our money.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 27, 2011, 03:39:55 PM

My favorite argument is that weshould spend the money because its not our money.

our payroll is 58 million, we have to reach 120 million payroll somehow....   It wont cause cap problems, especially front loading it. and its not our money! who cares, i just want a better team.

Would Aso make us better? yes.

Who would you rather have... Aso or Biggers?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 27, 2011, 03:50:33 PM

There are reasons and factors to not signing him.  Some just choose to be close minded about it.  I think everyone can agree he'd be a great addition to our team.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 27, 2011, 04:17:01 PM

My heart says I would love to have Aso, he is a splendid, primo CB.  My head says he is 30; more of a shut down type of CB, rather than a high turn over type, which Morris prizes; and he would throw our entire pay scale scheme out of wack. We would be battling Synder of the Redskins, and I am glad we lost the last encounhter.

Nice thinking. Although, (I'm not 100% about this) with Allen and Snyder, they're probably already in cap hell after the AH debacle, Heck, probably even before it.

Compared to the Bucs, signing Aso would suck for them.

I agree with most posters here though. Aso would put TB over the top. Especially if somehow Talib stays on. Just imagine those two in the backfield. Poor QB's... I do know this much, Cam Newton and all the new QB's the Bucs will face won't present a problem. Matter of fact, having both Talib and Aso would ensure those future victories over them and a good chance of playoff birth at the very least.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 27, 2011, 04:52:42 PM

There are reasons and factors to not signing him. 

Like?

-------------------------------------------------------

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 27, 2011, 05:02:41 PM

Aso is not worth the $15 million a year he is going to get. Even if he was on the Bucs, Freeman, Blount, Mike Williams, and even possibly Gerald McCoy, Brian Price or Bowers would have more of an affect on the Buc's success than he would. When it comes time to pay those guys, possibly some of them as soon as next year, how are you going to justify not paying them the $15 million per year Aso is making? especially if they are clearly more important to the team?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 27, 2011, 05:43:39 PM

Quote from: Hate link=topic=1281395.msg1377419#msg1377419

Like?

I listed about 10 in one of the other 21 asomugha threads.  You're a smart guy hate, you should know there are always questions.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 27, 2011, 06:00:29 PM

Aso is not worth the $15 million a year he is going to get. Even if he was on the Bucs, Freeman, Blount, Mike Williams, and even possibly Gerald McCoy, Brian Price or Bowers would have more of an affect on the Buc's success than he would. When it comes time to pay those guys, possibly some of them as soon as next year, how are you going to justify not paying them the $15 million per year Aso is making? especially if they are clearly more important to the team?

the guy that hasnt allowed a TD iin I dont know how long and only allowed 13 catches out of nearly 500 attempts against the raiders isnt worth 15mil? How are some guys that only produced for one year or havent produced much at all better than aguy thats produced for his entire career? Football is still a team sport and saying 1 guy has a greater effect asside from the QB position is extremely debateable.

As far as the amount the other guys are paid, their production and the contracts for players at the same position are the main deciding factors. A HB isnt going to be getting paid like a CB. Are you suggesting that QB, HB, WR, DT, and DE are all more important than a CB? even in a passing league?

maybe a guy that can shutdown practically anyone would come in hand if Talib is suspended or when Barber retires after this year? maybe he could be vital against Calvin Johnson, Rice/Harvin, White/Jones, Wayne/Garcon/Collie/Clark, Meachem/Colston/Henderson, Andre Johnson, Jennings/Driver/Jones/Nelson, Britt, Steve Smith, and Austin/Bryant......all this season? Im sure Biggers and Lewis could handle them all just fine whil Barber line up in the nickel right?

Sorry, but these argument are feeble to non existent.

Quote from: Hate link=topic=1281395.msg1377419#msg1377419

Like?

I listed about 10 in one of the other 21 asomugha threads.  You're a smart guy hate, you should know there are always questions.

sounds like a cop out.
: June 27, 2011, 06:05:38 PM tatmanfish

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 27, 2011, 06:07:42 PM

Not wanting to duplicate an exact thread is a cop out?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 27, 2011, 06:09:13 PM

You're a smart guy hate, you should know there are always questions.

Well, thanx for the compliment.

As for your comment, there COULD be questions about any player.....I prefer to live in "what is" as opposed to "what if"?

Aso is not worth the $15 million a year he is going to get. Even if he was on the Bucs, Freeman, Blount, Mike Williams, and even possibly Gerald McCoy, Brian Price or Bowers would have more of an affect on the Buc's success than he would.

Are you kidding me?  How is the best player at his position not worth the cash to a team with a great need for him? And I would argue that having Nnamdi in our secondary helps McCoy, Price, Bowers, and Clayborn.

As for Free, Blount, and Williams....their time will come, but not yet!!

-------------------------------------------------------

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 27, 2011, 06:20:59 PM

There are reasons and factors to not signing him.  Some just choose to be close minded about it.  I think everyone can agree he'd be a great addition to our team.
Well yea GT, but SBF and Hate are trying to get you through it....  LOL

I will be very surprised if the bucs spend that much on one player.  I think it could be worked out scheduling money on the front end so more is available as the last few draft classes come up for contracts - but I don't see the Glazers being on board.  I hope they do, bc having Aso join this dbackfield would benefit the very young Dline imvho.  But who knows how the coaching staff see it, how the GM sees it, and if the Glazers will agree.  Not me for sure.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 27, 2011, 07:20:14 PM

The Glazers will be in the bidding war, they will offer more money in the deal, but all that money will be "clever-like" put into a deal where the monies will never be paid in full.  Sneaky cheap Glazers.

But then people will say they are not cheap. 

Glazers got lucky by winning games with an underpaid staff.  I dig that.

I still think the Glazers are cheap.  No reason for me to think otherwise.
: June 27, 2011, 07:22:38 PM Boid Fink

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 27, 2011, 07:48:10 PM

Will have to revise our various thoughts if Aso ends up a buccaneer

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 27, 2011, 08:40:09 PM

the guy that hasnt allowed a TD iin I dont know how long and only allowed 13 catches out of nearly 500 attempts against the raiders isnt worth 15mil? How are some guys that only produced for one year or havent produced much at all better than aguy thats produced for his entire career? Football is still a team sport and saying 1 guy has a greater effect asside from the QB position is extremely debateable.

As far as the amount the other guys are paid, their production and the contracts for players at the same position are the main deciding factors. A HB isnt going to be getting paid like a CB. Are you suggesting that QB, HB, WR, DT, and DE are all more important than a CB? even in a passing league?

maybe a guy that can shutdown practically anyone would come in hand if Talib is suspended or when Barber retires after this year? maybe he could be vital against Calvin Johnson, Rice/Harvin, White/Jones, Wayne/Garcon/Collie/Clark, Meachem/Colston/Henderson, Andre Johnson, Jennings/Driver/Jones/Nelson, Britt, Steve Smith, and Austin/Bryant......all this season? Im sure Biggers and Lewis could handle them all just fine whil Barber line up in the nickel right?

Sorry, but these argument are feeble to non existent.

Don't be an @sshole! I'm definitely suggesting that QB and DE are more important than CB, and that a WR like Williams is close, as is a good 3 technique in our scheme. Your numbers your spouting off sound like their from football outsiders, but why don't you go check where they have him rated as the 9th best CB in '10 and the 69tth in '09. While they have Revis rated 1st in 09' and 2nd in 10'. Just to give you some reference our EJ Biggers ranked 7th this year. Raheem will tell you what to wtih your stats, especially those kind of stats, but obviously Aso is not even in the same ballpark as Revis. Revis is the only CB worth that kind of money because he can take over games.  In my personal opinion Aso wouldn't even be the best CB on the team if Talib is here. Sorry, but your argument for spending our whole FA budget on a CB is lame. Offensive Line Please!!!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/15343/nnamdi-asomugha

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/16757/darrelle-revis

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/22163/ej-biggers
: June 27, 2011, 08:42:44 PM BucsPirate1
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We have the $$$, we need this guy. No reasons to not get him. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools