Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We have the $$$, we need this guy. No reasons to not get him. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#45 : June 28, 2011, 04:59:38 PM

One would wonder if Tampa would have been a better fit for Haynesworth...

That very well may be true and most fans don't even blink twice at offering to throw the owner's money around on free agents but I tend to take a more realistic approach. The Haynesworth deal was for more than $100 million. Where is that money coming from? The owner's pocket? Hell no. Their profit isn't going to decline by signing any free agent. They will just pass that cost along to the fans in increases ticket prices. There are roughly 65,000 seats at RJS. The Haynesworth deal would mean that the Bucs would have to increase the cost of sitting in a seat by over $1500 during the life of Haynesworth's contract. If a fan is willing to pay that much more to watch an overweight malcontent, then power to them. I personally get more satisfaction out of cheaper ticket prices and watching young, homegrown players blossom into stars.

lol, so signing Haynesworth would of equated to them raising ticket prices? Your delusions are becoming very obtuse.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : June 28, 2011, 05:50:53 PM

many many posters complained about the contract we offered haynesworth.  said the glazers were cheap and broke because they didnt give him a huge signing bonus.  in hindsight, the owners and dominik were perfectly correct and the many many posters were wrong.  haynesworth needed a contract to keep him motivated, and thats what the Bucs offered.

the asomugha situation is a bit different.  as many posters have pointed out, a huge amount upfront might be better for the Bucs and asomugha and his agent.  we can all hope thats whats brewing.  but it still raises questions about team chemistry.  we can all be the big man behind the keyboard, but when your cornerbacks include 20mil a year asomugha, barber who has given everything to the Bucs at 4mil, and then lewis, biggers, and gaitor all making peanuts...i believe that affects team chemistry.  everyone wants to win, and you can give the "he earned it line", but in the real world jealousy and envy do occur.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#47 : June 28, 2011, 05:57:50 PM

Oh well, there has not been any indication in play, conduct on or off the field that would lead one to think Aso would not be a fit in Tampa - DBs are Raheem's specialty - he will make the determination and call to see if Mark Dominick can make it work.  We will see if that happens.  I hope it does - such a move would be an indication the ownership and management feel the time is right to make the push to go deep in the tournament...
agree....if they go after Aso or another cb and some oline help in FA then I think Dom thinks we can go all the way ......think Morris is already on board ...maybe he can convince Dom.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#48 : June 28, 2011, 06:59:45 PM

how about THIS APPROACH......hes a probowl cb ....we need a cb ......and we have the money.....see how easy that was ....lets not over analyze this ......if Dom wants him we can get him ...period.

That's exactly what Oakland was thinking when they signed DeAngelo Hall back in 2008. How did that end up working out for them?

Good Lord, man!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#49 : June 28, 2011, 07:51:02 PM

That very well may be true and most fans don't even blink twice at offering to throw the owner's money around on free agents but I tend to take a more realistic approach...
Since when?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#50 : June 28, 2011, 07:58:38 PM

many many posters complained about the contract we offered haynesworth.  said the glazers were cheap and broke because they didnt give him a huge signing bonus.  in hindsight, the owners and dominik were perfectly correct and the many many posters were wrong.  haynesworth needed a contract to keep him motivated, and thats what the Bucs offered.

the asomugha situation is a bit different.  as many posters have pointed out, a huge amount upfront might be better for the Bucs and asomugha and his agent.  we can all hope thats whats brewing.  but it still raises questions about team chemistry.  we can all be the big man behind the keyboard, but when your cornerbacks include 20mil a year asomugha, barber who has given everything to the Bucs at 4mil, and then lewis, biggers, and gaitor all making peanuts...i believe that affects team chemistry.  everyone wants to win, and you can give the "he earned it line", but in the real world jealousy and envy do occur.
Haynesworth not working out in DC doesn't mean he wouldn't have worked out in Tampa. 

Team chemistry is an issue - especially if teammates are envious of others salaries.  Makes me concerned about what has been paid to Freeman and McCoy.  Oh, they are the ones leading their teammates at the OTAs.  My bad. 

As you know I am not a huge backer of Aso, bc i can't say I have seen enough of his play and it is a lot of cash to commit.  BUT - by all reports - on and off the field, from coaches and teammates, by news sources - this guy is similar to Ronde, Lynch and Brooks as a Pro Bowl all around solid citizen.  If the players and coaches don't want to get better by adding top shelf talent - so be it. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We have the $$$, we need this guy. No reasons to not get him. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools