Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin on Sirius « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
: June 27, 2011, 05:48:45 PM

Hes on basically saying if Trueblood leaves then he wont re-sign...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : June 27, 2011, 05:55:58 PM

Well goodbye Davin, you would have been a value pick in the 4th round, but ended up being a waste in the 1st.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#2 : June 27, 2011, 05:56:13 PM

as a GM i'd show him the door.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 27, 2011, 05:57:19 PM

I was listening, think he's sending a clear message to Dom and company!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Illibuc

Second String

#4 : June 27, 2011, 06:03:26 PM

Are you kidding me? See ya underachiever.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 27, 2011, 06:11:35 PM

lol, Trueblood should be really cheap and still provides depth and competition. Hed be a great backup and a below average starter. That said hell be cheap as hell and I dont think it would be the least bit surprising to see him resigned. Maybe sitting the bench lit a fire? I doubt it would make much of a difference, but given the amount of injuries last year I think it wouldnt be too smart to let a cheap depth guy who knows the system walk.....that is Unless they go after a legitimate starte at RT in FA. then bye bye.

I also dont think Jospeh will leave if given a decent offer if they dont resign Trueblood. I mean, what are the chances of the two getting signed by the same team in FA? I think hes just doing some campaigning for a friend. Too bad his friend wasnt a little bit better blocker and wasnt a bullseye for penalties.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 27, 2011, 06:16:03 PM

Why the hell would he say something like that.

I like Joseph but Trueblood?  Hell no! James Lee was a huge upgrade.

I guess its bye bye Davin. Hopefully this means we sign Carl Nicks

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 27, 2011, 06:22:07 PM

Bye bye

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 27, 2011, 06:26:46 PM

There was some serious reading into his statements. He didnt say anything that I would consider even close to an altimatum. The message that was clear is that he wants to play on a team with Trueblood if possible. If thats not possible, who knows.

really, as cheap as Trueblood is likely to be, I dont see asituation where they dont resign him unless they bring someone else in. Hell most likely be a backup wherever he goes, so not sure where the drama is.
: June 27, 2011, 06:28:18 PM tatmanfish

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 27, 2011, 06:28:39 PM

Gosh, they'll both me missed. Overrated overdrafted sacks of trash.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 27, 2011, 06:42:18 PM

LOL, I can't believe all the supposed knowledgeable people here who prefer Hardman and Lee over Davin and TB. Oh yeah, not to mention most of you want Zuttah at center too. Just LOL! With a line of Zuttah, Hardmen and Lee, the season will be over by week 8, if Freeman is still able to walk that late in the season. Those three are back-up wanna be's and stop gap fill ins. I'm not saying Faine, TB and Davin are all hall of famers, but give me a break thinking those scubs starting for 16 games would produce better results. And before you cry injury, what happens if you cut (fail to sign) those two or three then one of the scrub wonder boys is injured? Then who plays? Elmer Fudd?

Davin has leverage and he's using it. The Bucs don't have another VALID option.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 27, 2011, 06:48:15 PM

LOL, I can't believe all the supposed knowledgeable people here who prefer Hardman and Lee over Davin and TB. Oh yeah, not to mention most of you want Zuttah at center too. Just LOL! With a line of Zuttah, Hardmen and Lee, the season will be over by week 8, if Freeman is still able to walk that late in the season. Those three are back-up wanna be's and stop gap fill ins. I'm not saying Faine, TB and Davin are all hall of famers, but give me a break thinking those scubs starting for 16 games would produce better results. And before you cry injury, what happens if you cut (fail to sign) those two or three then one of the scrub wonder boys is injured? Then who plays? Elmer Fudd?

Except that none of this is true - breathlessly said but 100% wrong. Our running game got better w/o Davin. Our pass blocking got better w/o him. Same with Trueblood.  While Lee, Hardman and Zuttah aren't all world the fact is they are, at worst, not worse than the our 3 craptastic starters and by any measures they are actually better.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 27, 2011, 06:55:25 PM

It's not just about 2011. If the Bucs overpay for mediocrity now they'll be stuck with mediocrity for 2012, 2013, and beyond. The Bucs window isn't closing this year. It's just opening. Now is the time to build it right. And as Dal said, Davin, TB, and Faine missed 23 games in 2010 and these eyes didn't see a difference in the offense.

We're also staring at the biggest free agency class in league history, so Hardman, Lee, and Zuttah aren't the only options.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 27, 2011, 07:09:25 PM

Except that none of this is true - breathlessly said but 100% wrong. Our running game got better w/o Davin. Our pass blocking got better w/o him. Same with Trueblood.  While Lee, Hardman and Zuttah aren't all world the fact is they are, at worst, not worse than the our 3 craptastic starters and by any measures they are actually better.

LOL, and this is where the the falsehoods start. Oh I'm sure EVERYTHING was exactly the same when Hardmen or Lee or Zuttah were in. Running game got better? Hrmm lets compare Blounts yards from the 1st five games to the last five. Oh yeah we can't, he didn't play in those 1st five games. But an improvement at RB can't be the reason the running game improved now can it? I doubt the two rookie WR's got any better during the season either. They played just as good day one as they did week 16. Freeman certainly didn't improve his stats through time and practice with his rookie WR's either. It was all 100% due to Hardmen and Lee and Zuttah.

Lets get real people.

FRG, now your point is more valid. But my understanding of the supposed new CBA rules where there is little if any "fake" money, then a team can sign TB to a 80 Billion (yes with a B) contract if they want that pays just 2m a year the first two years, then cut him and not be on the hook for the rest.  There is no reason to dump both Davin and TB when the team is moving to a scheme that they both fit a lot better. The future won't be leveraged by giving these guys contracts.

Now, if the team brings in a Carl Nicks for example, OK, good bye TB. But I doubt that will happen. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 27, 2011, 07:13:23 PM

There is no reason to dump both Davin and TB when the team is moving to a scheme that they both fit a lot better.
They only ran the ZBS for like half of 2009. The rest of the time they've been doing the same stuff Gruden did. They are who they are.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin on Sirius « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools