Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin on Sirius « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 27, 2011, 07:17:30 PM

Looks like Davin put on his ski mask today folks!

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 27, 2011, 07:21:17 PM

There was some serious reading into his statements. He didnt say anything that I would consider even close to an altimatum. The message that was clear is that he wants to play on a team with Trueblood if possible. If thats not possible, who knows.

really, as cheap as Trueblood is likely to be, I dont see asituation where they dont resign him unless they bring someone else in. Hell most likely be a backup wherever he goes, so not sure where the drama is.

There was no reading into his statements.. He clearly said if he isnt playing next to Trueblood then it would be really hard to sign here. Not much reading into that IMO.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 27, 2011, 07:22:22 PM

There is no reason to dump both Davin and TB when the team is moving to a scheme that they both fit a lot better.
They only ran the ZBS for like half of 2009. The rest of the time they've been doing the same stuff Gruden did. They are who they are.

Believe it or not, you make my point even more clear. Yes the team moved to more of a power scheme after the injuries started. Hardmen and Lee most likely didn't have a full grasp of the ZBS as they barely had any time even on the team so the Bucs were forced to go power. As for TB, the VAST majority of the time that he played it was ZBS not power. Lets see what happens with the new O-Line coach. One that actually teaches the same scheme that the OC has designed his offense around. Gee, it is weird how an offense produces better when the O-Line actually plays the scheme for which the offense itself was designed. Things that make you go Hrmmmmm.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 27, 2011, 07:24:48 PM

There is no reason to dump both Davin and TB when the team is moving to a scheme that they both fit a lot better.
They only ran the ZBS for like half of 2009. The rest of the time they've been doing the same stuff Gruden did. They are who they are.

Believe it or not, you make my point even more clear. Yes the team moved to more of a power scheme after the injuries started. Hardmen and Lee most likely didn't have a full grasp of the ZBS as they barely had any time even on the team so the Bucs were forced to go power. As for TB, the VAST majority of the time that he played it was ZBS not power. Lets see what happens with the new O-Line coach. One that actually teaches the same scheme that the OC has designed his offense around. Gee, it is weird how an offense produces better when the O-Line actually plays the scheme for which the offense itself was designed. Things that make you go Hrmmmmm.

He said 09, not last year

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 27, 2011, 07:29:33 PM

Was gonna say...

freddy

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 27, 2011, 07:30:55 PM

Hrmm 09, the article I saw said 2010 not 2009, I just assumed he made a typo. Please show me proof the Bucs ran more power in 2009 than ZBS or via-versa. Then show me how each Qb did comparatively. Did Leftwich do better in the ZBS or power? Which scheme did JJ excel under? And Josh, how did his stats compare? After all, the merry-go-round at QB surely had nothing to do with production or stats.
: June 27, 2011, 07:33:23 PM Freddy

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 27, 2011, 07:32:37 PM

Davin is not all that good.

He is not worth being hijacked over.

Methinks he will sign in Tampa, and Trueblood will as well.

And neither will reap the rewards of their over-exxxxxxagerated abilities.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 27, 2011, 07:35:43 PM

And if that is the result, fine. But lets not even pretend that Lee and Hardmen are quality starters either. That is my point. Bring all 4 to TC, let them fight it out. It won't mortgage the future. Dom is too smart for that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 27, 2011, 07:40:21 PM

Geez, what is going on here?  The oline coach's teachings are consistent with those of the OC, and the dline coaching in a manner not agreeable to the DC/HC.  Got to start working on interviewing skills.  A key question - can you follow directions? seems to be missing from the list of questions.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 27, 2011, 07:44:39 PM

I didn't say they ran more power than ZBS in 2009, I said they only ran a dominant ZBS for the first half of 2009 and then they switched back to the majority man-scheme with ZBS thrown in, as they used to run under Gruden.

Nov. 13, 2009

"We like the zone [blocking scheme]," said Faine. "We had the zone in last year and it's something that I think regardless of what kind of running attack you have all across the NFL, you have to have a little bit of both. It's just what you've decided to major in, and we are kind of going back to focusing on more of the man gap schemes and letting the zone be complimentary to that. It's just something that has to be a part of our game plan."

Dec. 10, 2009

That is what ultimately convinced Olson to work more power blocking and less zone blocking into the offensive game plan last Sunday. The results were encouraging against Carolina, where the Bucs rushed 26 times for 154 yards (5.9 avg.) en route to the 16-6 loss to the Panthers. 

"We've gone back to some gap schemes. We ran power for the first time this season, which is something we had done a year ago," said Olson. "We still run the zone scheme, but we did some gap scheme in terms of our plan there. I think that helped us. We would have liked to have run the ball more. We wound up throwing it 20 times on the last 20 plays of the game. We weren't looking to do that with Josh [Freeman], but we got in that two-minute situation. I felt like the balance was good until we got down by two scores there late in the fourth quarter."

Though much more complicated and detailed, the simple difference between the zone scheme and the power scheme is zone requires offensive linemen to run diagonal whereas power requires the O-linemen to run straight.

Olson attempted to give Jagodzinski's zone blocking scheme a chance after taking over offensive coordinator duties in September. But after weeks of evaluation, Olson determined that Tampa Bay's offensive linemen were better suited for the power scheme, which the Bucs ran last year under former head coach Jon Gruden and offensive line coach Bill Muir.

"With the change in staff we went entirely to the zone scheme in the offseason and training camp and all the way until Jagodzinski was let go," said Olson. "That's what they had done. After we went through it I felt like we weren't getting as much out of the running game as we could. I felt like there was a comfort zone with the backs and the linemen with the gap scheme, and maybe personnel wise I felt like we were built more for some of the gap-type schemes. We've filtered them in there and started practicing them. Once we started feeling better about it we started to integrate them into the run game."

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 27, 2011, 08:01:29 PM

yeah, this is what Im thinking as well. Joseph will likely get paid well, but nothing spectacular. Im hopeing the reasonable investment into Joseph opens the dorr to bring in one of the other top Gs in through FA. It would help bolster a significant amount IMO and would allow them to adress C next year as Faine is set to make $6mil base....that is if Zuttah or Larsen dont take over before then or cant show they are consistent starters. I think this is Faines last year with the Bucs as his salary grows and his play declines.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 27, 2011, 08:03:58 PM

bucs have indicated they want both back - I don't think there will be long lines for both, let alone either.  Suspect they will be buccaneers

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

freddy

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 27, 2011, 08:06:33 PM

End game, Lee and Hardmen are not as good as TB and Davin.  If you think they are, and if the Bucs have them as opening day starters because Davin and TB were not signed (to reasonable) contracts, then the Bucs will not make the playoffs and very well could be a top 10 pick in the next draft.   

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 27, 2011, 08:10:40 PM

End game, Lee and Hardmen are not as good as TB and Davin. 

How does trueblood not regaining his starting position after he was healthy affect the endgame?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 27, 2011, 08:21:41 PM

End game, Lee and Hardmen are not as good as TB and Davin. 

How does trueblood not regaining his starting position after he was healthy affect the endgame?
Does it affect the 'endgame'?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin on Sirius « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools