Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin on Sirius « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 27, 2011, 08:26:41 PM

End game, Lee and Hardmen are not as good as TB and Davin. 

How does trueblood not regaining his starting position after he was healthy affect the endgame?
Does it affect the 'endgame'?

I wish I had recorded this interview.. He was saying some pretty ridiculous things IMO.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#31 : June 27, 2011, 08:42:18 PM

I don't think you guys realize how much money the Bucs will HAVE to spend just to get to the cap level. They could legitimately sign Nnamdi, Nicks, Davin, Trueblood and Cadillac and then they'd probably be RIGHT at the minimum.

I wanna see them steal one of Nicks, Dahl or Clabo + Reggie Bush from our division rivals. If we re-sign Trueblood it better be on like a one or two year deal.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 27, 2011, 08:58:00 PM

Gosh, they'll both me missed. Overrated overdrafted sacks of trash.

The GruAllen era in a nutshell.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

freddy

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 27, 2011, 09:48:20 PM

End game, Lee and Hardmen are not as good as TB and Davin. 

How does trueblood not regaining his starting position after he was healthy affect the endgame?

Gee, lets totally disregard the fact that the O-Line coach who benched TB was promptly fired for "His handling of players" had nothing to do with that.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 27, 2011, 10:00:39 PM

Mangurian was fired for his "handling" ofplayers?   I thought it was more friction between him and olson? And am I supposed to believe that the OC was okay with a better healthy guy sitting the bench? And when did trueblood gvet benched?  I thought he lost his job due to injury, and was never able to regain it?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

freddy

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 27, 2011, 10:09:41 PM

Mangurian was fired for his "handling" ofplayers?   I thought it was more friction between him and olson? And am I supposed to believe that the OC was okay with a better healthy guy sitting the bench? And when did trueblood gvet benched?  I thought he lost his job due to injury, and was never able to regain it?

According to Charlie Campbell it was a combination of both, his handling of the players and not getting along with the OC. And yes, benched was not the exact proper word to use, he did get injured then did not return even though he was healthy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 27, 2011, 10:57:34 PM

I will send yellow flowers, and herbal essence shampoo to the GM that signs Trueblood and Joseph (a.k.a. the couple) away from the Bucs.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 28, 2011, 08:57:06 AM

Suspect, the longer the lockout continues, the more likely TB and Joseph will return.

? Where does one find 2 OL FA who have to play next to each other, almost walk in off the street, and be able to play well starting with opening day?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 28, 2011, 09:30:00 AM

But lets not even pretend that Lee and Hardmen are quality starters either.

Who is pretending that?  Nobody said they are quality starters.  What has been said is there was very, very little drop-off - if any - when they were in the game over Joseph and Trueblood.  That should either tell you Lee and Hardman are better than you think they are or Joseph and Trueblood aren't as good as you think they are.  I'm going with option #2.

Where does one find 2 OL FA who have to play next to each other, almost walk in off the street, and be able to play well starting with opening day?

This implies Joseph and Trueblood 'play well'.  They don't.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 28, 2011, 12:00:49 PM

But lets not even pretend that Lee and Hardmen are quality starters either.

Who is pretending that?  Nobody said they are quality starters.  What has been said is there was very, very little drop-off - if any - when they were in the game over Joseph and Trueblood.  That should either tell you Lee and Hardman are better than you think they are or Joseph and Trueblood aren't as good as you think they are.  I'm going with option #2.

Where does one find 2 OL FA who have to play next to each other, almost walk in off the street, and be able to play well starting with opening day?

This implies Joseph and Trueblood 'play well'.  They don't.
first of all there was no big drop off when Lee and Hardman played......if we sign anybody for any money I hope its maankins,nicks or litui......I could care less if both of those guys leave ...and what team will sign them both......these guys aren't even mediocre.

freddy

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 28, 2011, 02:06:51 PM

Maybe one day you all will realize that the offense got better despite Hardmen and Lee and Zuttah instead of because of them. The offense got better because the 2 rookie WR's learned more and got better as the season went along. The offense got better because for the 1st time since Alstott was in his prime, the team had a RB that demanded respect and could actually exploit holes made for him or make his own. Maybe it was because the the QB actually started seeing the field better, performed better, played smarter and had the ability to overcome the the deficiencies of others.

Some keep saying, the offense actually got SLIGHTLY better towards the end of the season (others say there was a slight drop off), so Hardmen and Lee must be just as good as Davin and TB. I say, had Davin or TB not been hurt in the first place, the the offense would have improved even more and the Bucs would have made the playoffs. That is the only improvement that matters. 
: June 28, 2011, 02:08:44 PM Freddy

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#41 : June 28, 2011, 02:07:22 PM

The practice in Bradenton, organized by Free, started today.

Talib was in attendance and his team-mates were very happy to see him.

Also in attendance were Joseph and Trueblood.

The point:  it would seem that Joseph's heart is very much with the Bucs and he is trying to bond with his team-mates and be ready when the season starts.

Perhaps what was heard on Sirius is more in the nature of "bargaining" for the huge money involved, rather than a reflection of ambivilance towards the Bucs.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 28, 2011, 02:51:28 PM

Maybe one day you all will realize that the offense got better despite Hardmen and Lee and Zuttah instead of because of them. The offense got better because the 2 rookie WR's learned more and got better as the season went along. The offense got better because for the 1st time since Alstott was in his prime, the team had a RB that demanded respect and could actually exploit holes made for him or make his own. Maybe it was because the the QB actually started seeing the field better, performed better, played smarter and had the ability to overcome the the deficiencies of others.

Some keep saying, the offense actually got SLIGHTLY better towards the end of the season (others say there was a slight drop off), so Hardmen and Lee must be just as good as Davin and TB. I say, had Davin or TB not been hurt in the first place, the the offense would have improved even more and the Bucs would have made the playoffs. That is the only improvement that matters.

So what's your excuse that the same exact thing happened in 2008 when Joseph missed significant time?  It really is some coincidence for poor Davin.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 28, 2011, 03:01:34 PM

Does the coaching staff need to have its' collective mind checked - they continue to act as if Davin is the better of the players by starting him, through a variety of HC's and Oline coaches.  Odd that they feel the need to re-sign him Vs using a draft pick (like in the 3rd to 7th rounds) to replace a player who some feel just isn't worth the effort to re-sign. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 28, 2011, 03:09:45 PM

Does the coaching staff need to have its' collective mind checked

Maybe so.  People make mistakes, like Michael Clayton, Derrick Ward, Mike Nugent, etc..

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin on Sirius « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools