Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers coming up on 620WDAE now... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

: July 01, 2011, 04:08:00 PM

Commish620wdae Justin Pawlowski
 by DaQuanBowers93
Just had @daquanbowers93 text me! Awesome! He's joining me at 4:05 today. 1st time he has talked to the Tampa media! A MUST LISTEN!!!!
1 hour ago

http://www.620wdae.com/mediaplayer/
just started

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 01, 2011, 04:25:46 PM

only caught the last couple mins.....what did he say about his knee? otas?

-------------------------------------------------------

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 01, 2011, 04:35:53 PM

Please recap if anyone is able. I couldn't pull up the media player on my phone.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 01, 2011, 04:39:04 PM

Highlights: Da'Quan says he wasn't at the Mini-camp because he wanted to make SURE that his rehab was going to be 100% done by the season. He said he talked to the players about it and they all understood and supported him. He said he talked to McCoy and Adrian about it.

He was asked how he feels about Raheem and Dominik and he said, "I love thoes guys...I'm going to make them look like the geniuses they are."

He said the D-line could be the best in the nation if they work hard, with all the talent they have.

He said that he ALSO likes to kick peoples' ass just like Clayborn said himself. He said that although he may have to learn some things in Tampa's defense, "If there's one thing I know, it's how to get to the quarterback. that's the least of my worries! (Chuckles)"

He was asked to describe his playing style and he said he was fast like Gaines Adams was, but "I'm a lot stronger than he was. I can run by you, but I can run through you if I have to. I'm not going to get tossed around."

He said he doesn't think the knee will be a factor on his career span. He said it was doing great and he's back where he needs to be.

To all the Tampa Bay fans itching to see him on the feid in the midst of  this lockout, he said "Grab some popcorn, cause it's going to be a long ride TO THE SUPER BQWL!"

___

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS KID?! 8)
: July 01, 2011, 04:49:30 PM Beatles123

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 01, 2011, 04:41:03 PM

He also said he wasn't at the minicamp because he had a secret operation on his knee that replaced the damaged tissue and cartilidge with robot parts.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 01, 2011, 04:43:05 PM

^ That post was not an actual quote, but an incredible simulation. LOL :)

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 01, 2011, 04:44:10 PM

I was paraphrasing.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 01, 2011, 04:51:51 PM

Anyway, he also talked about how he knew Gaines loved playing in Tampa and he's eager to get into the organization and get to know everyone. Sounded like he knew our defensive history and wanted to help us get that toughness back! :D

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 01, 2011, 04:59:50 PM

but, but, he should of been here in Tampa standing idly by so he could get to know his teammates better!!!  sarcasm for those not playing along.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 01, 2011, 05:06:20 PM

Yeah, to say it again,  Bowers felt his knee rehab was vital because he wanted to be the best he could for the team and wanted to take advantage of the progress he was making by continuing to work on it and to keep getting better.

Oh! he said also that he was determined to prove people wrong about the knee. He said he planned on using that as motivation all through his NFL career. he said slipping that far into the second round made him determined to make people see what they missed. (Paraphrasing a bit, but that's what he meant.)
: July 01, 2011, 05:10:32 PM Beatles123

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#10 : July 01, 2011, 07:55:49 PM

PLEASE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 01, 2011, 08:10:19 PM

Da'Quan Bowers' Knee Is Fully Healed
Source:  BucsNation  on Jul 1, 2011 8:00 PM EDT

Steve Cannon - AP
 8 months ago: Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers, top, pursues Florida State's Greg Dent (35) who tries to recover his fumble in the second quarter of an NCAA college football game on Saturday, Nov. 13, 2010, in Tallahassee, Fla.(AP Photo/Steve Cannon)

Second-round draft pick Da'Quan Bowers appeared on 620 WDAE today to talk about the Buccaneers. Right at the outset of the interview, he let it be known that he was fully healed as far as he's concerned. "My knee is great," he said. "It's back to playing shape. I've been rehabbing and working out all throughout the summer, even throughout the lockout. The knee is fine. I'm running, cutting, jumping. Everything is full go." While Dr. James Andrews did say that the Clemson defensive end had suffered some damage to his knee, it wasn't anything that would prevent him from having a "great career".

When asked why Bowers with a fully-healed knee wasn't at any of the offseason workouts, Bowers simply pointed to his injury rehab. He also noted that he was concerned about injuring himself in those workouts. That is a legitimate concern, especially for someone who's coming off major knee surgery. However, it does beg the question: if his knee is full go, why did he need to miss the Bucs' mini-camp for his rehab?

Still, there's no reason to think Da'Quan Bowers won't be able to make an early impact for the Buccaneers if he's healthy. His combination of speed and size is impressive, but his game is all about leverage and hand use, and that translates very well to the NFL. Throughout the interview Bowers sounded like a motivated player who really wants to make an impact. Hopefully this positive news about Bowers' knee injury is not a mirage, and he really is ready to go, because the Buccaneers are going to need him.

Here is the interview........http://www.620wdae.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=TheBlitz&selected_podcast=2011-07-01_--_DaQuan_Bowers_with_Justin_Pawlowski_1309552652_9265.mp3
: July 01, 2011, 08:19:58 PM michael89156

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 01, 2011, 09:54:13 PM

thnx for the link

-------------------------------------------------------

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 01, 2011, 10:03:38 PM

i would have posted it but i didn't get around to it before the person above did.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 02, 2011, 12:43:20 AM

While Dr. James Andrews did say that the Clemson defensive end had suffered some damage to his knee, it wasn't anything that would prevent him from having a "great career".

- That's all I ever need to hear.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers coming up on 620WDAE now... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools