Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers coming up on 620WDAE now... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #15 : July 02, 2011, 12:56:59 AM »

While Dr. James Andrews did say that the Clemson defensive end had suffered some damage to his knee, it wasn't anything that would prevent him from having a "great career".

- That's all I ever need to hear.

Captain Ahab's doctor told him the exact same thing.....

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #16 : July 02, 2011, 02:01:39 AM »

And yet he kicked Moby **CENSORED**s ass! :D

So Bowers is golden! :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #17 : July 02, 2011, 02:06:09 AM »

While Dr. James Andrews did say that the Clemson defensive end had suffered some damage to his knee, it wasn't anything that would prevent him from having a "great career".

I second that.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #18 : July 02, 2011, 08:29:05 AM »

This thread made me smile.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #19 : July 02, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »

I really hope this is sarcasm.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #20 : July 02, 2011, 11:45:55 AM »

Actually Bowers agent said Dr. Andrews said that. Not the same thing. All of the positives on Bowers medical situation have come from either Bowers or his agent. At this point he's still a wait and see.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #21 : July 02, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »

Actually, no it isn't.

In the story, Ahab ends up killing Moby **CENSORED**. only by sheer accident does the Harpoon drag he himself down with him.

So going by the same token, Even if something should haappen to his knee down the road, Bowers will still be able to do great things. Even if he blows his knee when we enter the playoffs, He will still have got us there before the fact. Win a SUPERBOWL before that and it's all gravy.

Half as long, Twice as bright!

and that's IF he should get injured!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #22 : July 02, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »

Actually, no it isn't.

In the story, Ahab ends up killing Moby **CENSORED**. only by sheer accident does the Harpoon drag he himself down with him.

So going by the same token, Even if something should haappen to his knee down the road, Bowers will still be able to do great things. Even if he blows his knee when we enter the playoffs, He will still have got us there before the fact. Win a SUPERBOWL before that and it's all gravy.

I don't know what version of the book you read, but Moby **CENSORED** survives and everyone except for Ishmael dies.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #23 : July 02, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »

Honestly hearing about the knee being a lot better and him working hard on his rehab has me really excited to see him whenever camp starts, and getting out young D-Line ready to go.
« : July 02, 2011, 03:32:30 PM freeman 5 »

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #24 : July 02, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »

Actually, no it isn't.

I don't know what version of the book you read, but Moby **CENSORED** survives and everyone except for Ishmael dies.

If Bowers has even half the determination of Ahab I'll be happy.

I would say to go get his "whale" but Jamarcus Russel isn't playing right now.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #25 : July 02, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

93, to the number question.

You're right, I stand corrected. Let me put it another way: one interpretation is that although Ahab knew he could not win, he was determined to try. He still managed to hold steadfast despite overwhelming odds and because of the belief that perseverance is key, he still gave his life and death meaning.

As Sparknotes.com puts it:

"A fatalist to the last, Ahab doesn’t flee the whale, although anyone with common sense surely would have sailed the Pequod out of the whale’s range at top speed after the first day’s defeats. Ahab’s death should not be read as a suicide, though. To the obsessed captain, each encounter with the whale fulfills a part of the prophecies made concerning his ultimate end. By going forward with the fight, he completes a larger design and gives his life and death a greater significance than it would have had otherwise. Only figures of importance—heroes, gods, martyrs—have their deaths foretold. By committing himself to a struggle he cannot win, Ahab becomes the stuff of legend.

Ahab’s death suggests itself as a metaphor for the human condition. Man, of limited knowledge and meager powers, lives and dies struggling against forces that he can neither understand nor conquer. By continuing to fight the whale even when defeat is imminent, Ahab acts out, in dramatic form, the fate of all men. His request that Tashtego nail a new flag to the mast of the sinking ship is a sign not of defiance but of recognition that to be mortal is to persevere in the face of certain defeat, and that such perseverance is the highest and most heroic accomplishment of man."

So. while not to say that Bowers is in the same situation, Bowers will probably go down swinging if nothing else, worst-case scenario. Though his fate may be pre-determined, I doubt he would give up and not try to make thwe time ha has count.

But hey! Bowers has advanced medical science on his side, so that's an advantage over Ahab! :D

...Why are we comparing him to Ahab anyway? LOL! :P

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #26 : July 02, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »

In this thread: Moby **CENSORED** talk.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #27 : July 02, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »

heard the interview today an Bowers said that Andrews saw players with lots worse knees then him come in to the league and have good and long careers.......when asked about having trouble picking up the defense he said well I already know how to sack the qb same answer clayborn gave.....can't wait for the season to start.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #28 : July 02, 2011, 04:35:09 PM »

And let us all not forget: MILLARD is coaching them this year! :)

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #29 : July 02, 2011, 06:56:13 PM »

That's how  the version I read of Moby **CENSORED** ended, with Ahab caught up in the lines around Moby **CENSORED**.  As he disappeared, his arm "seemed" to wave.

.....just my opinion
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowers coming up on 620WDAE now... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools