Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evolutionary Theory - is it real science? or a false religion? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 03, 2011, 10:17:56 AM

http://www.themythofevolution.com/Site/Myth%20of%20Evolution.html

Okay, time to play "Devil's advocate" again. So in this article, the author claims that there is no scientific evidence to support evolution. Let's say for the sake of argument that this is true. Is there any scientific evidence to support creationism? Of course not. The author never even claims that there is. So basically, the point he is making is that evolution is a religion based on faith instead of facts. Well what is creationism exactly? It's a religion based on faith instead of facts. So how can you claim one "faith" as truth and the other as untrue? Just because it's the one that you happen to buy into? Seems a bit egocentric to me.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : July 03, 2011, 10:22:58 AM

From the link:
"So, as an evolutionist, you believe that rocks morph into fish"

Ironically:
"God formed man of dust from the ground,"

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#17 : July 03, 2011, 11:02:21 AM

to bulid a case for proof or disproof start with what can be proven - same way you can discredit a witness at a trial. Put Christianity on trial and you will be suprised my friend.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#18 : July 03, 2011, 11:03:33 AM

from the same link here is another page

http://www.themythofevolution.com/Site/Design%20in%20Nature.html

Booker

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 03, 2011, 11:16:25 AM

LMAO at this:

"1) Animals dont have the intelligence nor the ability to give new, beneficial capabilities to its offspring, no matter how gradual.  To suggest that a parents living conditions or willpower could somehow add complex mechanisms to their offspring is ridiculous and completely unprovable."

So the link stats evolution occurs from psychic ability?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 03, 2011, 11:18:04 AM

Love that evolution is ridiculous, but believe in an imaginary being that controls all is A-OK.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 03, 2011, 11:42:53 AM

to bulid a case for proof or disproof start with what can be proven - same way you can discredit a witness at a trial. Put Christianity on trial and you will be suprised my friend.

Alright then, let's start with the talking snake. Go ahead and prove that for us...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 03, 2011, 12:09:19 PM

to bulid a case for proof or disproof start with what can be proven - same way you can discredit a witness at a trial.

And you feel that this author has done that with evolution? He, much like you, starts off with an inaccurate premise. The goal of evolution isn't to explain how life began, it's to explain how species evolve. It simply states that all species began from a common gene pool. It makes no attempt to explain how these organisms came into being.

Evolution doesn't attempt to discredit the existence of God, however it's existence threatens the validity of stories that Christians are told from their holy book, therefor many have spent countless time and resources to either try and make evolution appear as a mythology rather than a science, or to make creationism appear as a science rather than a mythology (Intelligent Design, anyone?). On both accounts, facts are usually misrepresented, or disregarded altogether.

Put Christianity on trial and you will be suprised my friend.

I think you might be more surprised than I would.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 03, 2011, 03:51:05 PM

Okay, time to play "Devil's advocate" again. So in this article, the author claims that there is no scientific evidence to support evolution. Let's say for the sake of argument that this is true. Is there any scientific evidence to support creationism? Of course not. The author never even claims that there is. So basically, the point he is making is that evolution is a religion based on faith instead of facts. Well what is creationism exactly? It's a religion based on faith instead of facts. So how can you claim one "faith" as truth and the other as untrue? Just because it's the one that you happen to buy into? Seems a bit egocentric to me.

Point well made and I cannot argue against anything you just said. But, I would like to point out that not every Christian is of the same opinion of Onetruth. It is my opinion that he belongs to the over zealous side of Christianity which has a tendency to be self defeating. Not only that, on the flip side of that coin, I object to those who say believing in 'an old man in the sky' is <insert some insulting, ridicule here>. I look around my life and see those agnostics/atheists that look down upon me in that condescending way because they think I am some kind of moron for believing in God and his son Jesus Christ. Yet who is it they come to when they want advice because their marriage is falling apart? Who is it they come to and borrow money because they are up to their eyeballs in debt? Whose kids are considered the most well behaved in the neighborhood? Who drives the crappiest cars in the neighborhood? Ok, that doesn't prove my point which is if I am so stupid because of my beliefs, why is us they come to when they want help?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 03, 2011, 03:57:18 PM

Yet who is it they come to when they want advice because their marriage is falling apart? Who is it they come to and borrow money because they are up to their eyeballs in debt? Whose kids are considered the most well behaved in the neighborhood? Who drives the crappiest cars in the neighborhood? Ok, that doesn't prove my point which is if I am so stupid because of my beliefs, why is us they come to when they want help?

Are we supposed to know these people?

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#25 : July 03, 2011, 04:44:16 PM

you ARE these people

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#26 : July 03, 2011, 04:47:27 PM

you say I am over-zealous, but I see it this way. Evolution is another attempt by Satan to broaden the road to destruction. It is another religion IMO - scientism.
Evolution has no factual basis, only misleading data and wild hypothsis'.
The Bible is God's word. He created man. Period.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 03, 2011, 04:48:46 PM

Did i just read that Christians aren't in debt and have great marriages? So me being an atheist am in debt? News to me I guess.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 03, 2011, 04:50:09 PM

you say I am over-zealous, but I see it this way. Evolution is another attempt by Satan to broaden the road to destruction. It is another religion IMO - scientism.
Evolution has no factual basis, only misleading data and wild hypothsis'.
The Bible is God's word. He created man. Period.

How the hell does evolution have no factual basis? Are you this stupid? Never mind, I read the rest of your statement.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 03, 2011, 04:56:16 PM

you ARE these people

Not once have I ever asked Spartan for help. You, sir, are a liar.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evolutionary Theory - is it real science? or a false religion? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools