Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evolutionary Theory - is it real science? or a false religion? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #30 : July 03, 2011, 07:02:58 PM »

Evolution has no factual basis, ...

You mean other than the FACT that it has been directly observed, that it has been replicated, and that it has never been found to produce contradictory results?

The Bible is God's word. He created man. Period.

Please provide the factual basis for this

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #31 : July 03, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »

John Galt? - might want to keep the words AND sentences a bit shorter.  Just sayin'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #32 : July 03, 2011, 08:22:13 PM »

http://www.themythofevolution.com/Site/Myth%20of%20Evolution.html

Devil's Advocate X1000

I was under the impression that evolution was possible, and likely was the path of which everything living today took en-route to existence.

Starts out with a complete misunderstanding of the science. Evolution has never tried to explain "the path of which everything living today took en-route to existence". Any one with a slight inkling of knowledge knows that Evolution is a theory (theory= a long lasting, thoroughly tested, and broadly accepted concept that explains a system or process) that explains a (singular, non-exclusive) process by which SOME species change.

Evolutionists believe we evolved from a single-celled organism

They do? I am positive that any self respecting evolutionist, or any scientist for that matter, does NOT believe that "we" (I assume by "we" the author means "all humans" and not just idiot blog writers) evolved from single-celled organisms. Conceived and born from the conjoining of 2 singled cells (sperm and ovum), yes, but not "evolved".

Yep pretty sure all those wacky science types know "we humans" evolved from ancient hominids and said hominids had more than one cell.

Heck, even cellular evolutionists don't agree that all cells came from one single organism or species
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=new-theory-of-cell-evolut

Where did the single-celled organism come from?  Evolutionists say primordial soup.

No, evolutionists do not say this. Evolutionists don't speculate that far back. Evolutionists stick with explaining how species A1bi evolved into A1bi(a) and why. Mr. Idiot Blog Writer seems to not know the difference between "a few bio-chemists" and "All Evolutionists"

As it turns out, evolutionists all believe in primordial soup

Every single one, no exceptions. The blog writer has used his Divinely enhanced psychic ability to determine the belief of every single evolutionist on the planet (or galaxy? or maybe the whole of creation- oh wait, I can't use the word "creation" because I believe in evolution, can I use multi-verse so I don't tick off ALL the string theorists?)

primordial soup...They do not know what chemicals it could have been, and it has never been successfully reproduced in the lab.

Well except for that one time it WAS successfully reproduced in a lab (Miller-Urey experiment), and that other time the same experiment was duplicated, and those dozen or so other times different people replicated the results.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=primordial-soup-urey-miller-evolution-experiment-repeated

How much genetic information do rocks and other non-living matter have?  None, of course.

this is hyperbole, and stupidly written hyperbole at that. No scientist has ever claimed rocks turned into living matter.

Also, there is non-living matter (prions, disassociated RNA, etc.) that does contain genetic information. And let's not forget that genetic info is encoded into computers, pretty sure silicon is non-living.

Evolutionists also say that people, plants, and animals evolve into completely different things over time.

uh, no they don't. They say that SOME species do evolve to adapt to changes in environment. They also say SOME species haven't changed in hundreds of millions of years and that some microbes are unchanged for over billions of years.

If that’s true, we should find an abundance of evidence, transitional species all over the place,

and they have, but why let millions of bits of evidence spoil a perfectly diarrhetic rant?

and someone in the history of science must have observed this happening.

Yes, plenty of people have observed changes in species like domestic pigs that morphed into quite different wild American boars (thicker fur, longer tusks than their Spanish ancestors), or short legged Spanish horses that evolved into long legged and much larger Mustangs. Scientists have even watched as ordinary bacteria evolved into anti-biotic resistant strains.

After all, with all the trillions of creatures that exist on this planet, at least one of them should be evolving right now!

Apparently the Idiot Blog Writer thinks that some animal just suddenly changes, and that is evolution. Creatures DON'T evolve, species do.

uuugh, I can't go on. The complete lack of logic and rational thought in this writers blog is just making my head hurt.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #33 : July 03, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »

God has proven himself to me, personally, but i can understand that science still plays a part in things.

that being said, there are better things we can discuss as this topic will just spout arguing on both sides.

to those that believe in evolution, best of luck in your faith. I can only wish my tolerance and respect helps to hopefully disprove the bad reputation that my own faith has been given by other so-called Christians and I hope we can all put our differences of faith aside when all is said and done. :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #34 : July 03, 2011, 10:11:44 PM »

Evolution is not a "faith," nor is it based on faith.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #35 : July 03, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »

you ARE these people

Not once have I ever asked Spartan for help. You, sir, are a liar.

And you sir have a sense of humor.

My point is that I have at least 3 neighbors who are nice and sociable, but who can't kinda hide the fact they look down their noses at my wife an I because of our beliefs, yet, and I am certain it is pure coincidence, each one have hit some kind of problem over the last 5 years. Did they turn to their equals when they wanted help? Nope. Those who believe like they do? Npeo, they turned to us who are unabashed in our beliefs. One could almost say they turned to those that they, in some way, scorned. Why was that? That is the question I am asking, And no, I do not suppose that to be universal across every neighborhood or poster on this board. Just think it is pretty ironic, among other things.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : July 03, 2011, 11:27:24 PM »

Where did it start?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #37 : July 04, 2011, 12:20:19 AM »

Where did it start?

hy·poth·e·sis
[hahy-poth-uh-sis]
noun

1. a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis)  or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.

2. a proposition assumed as a premise in an argument.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #38 : July 04, 2011, 03:55:59 AM »

lol, JG pwned that "article."   

These are all the things I was thinking about but was too lazy to post. lol. JG just shot about 50 factual holes through that article.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #39 : July 04, 2011, 07:35:21 AM »

Happy to hear you have such "faith" in his post.
The sad TRUTh of the matter is he did not post 1 scientific fact. Only theories that many men are in agreement on..men that have letters from institutions they themselves concocted. Institutions that provided them with degrees so they could present themselves as smarter than the rest of us cattle. I dont buy it.

Basically what JG? is saying is that evolutionists dont argue how it all started but are dang sure it wasnt by God.
He states evolution has been obseved - that is a lie
Primordial soup has never been replicated - they only made an molecule that they hyped up into a bunch of nonsene. Nobody has ever come close to creating life out of nonliving matter.
- another lie
If some species have changed over a hundred million years where are the links. There is a reason they are called "missing" - another bold faced lie.
Pigs morphing into boars is not evolutionary...fish morphing into apes is -- another lie

Believe what you want to - but evolution is faith based...and is a lie

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #40 : July 04, 2011, 07:40:53 AM »

funny how evolution knew how to evolve female and male parts perfectly in unison in the right time frame so that when these animals were to stop evolving and settle on a best adaption for their environment both male and female parts were ready to produce offspring...very peculiar this evolutionary theory...oh I forgot science says it is true so I cannot possibly be as smart as all those master degree holding professors...

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #41 : July 04, 2011, 07:58:05 AM »

Where did it start?

Why, are you going to try linking abiogenesis with evolution? If you do, shouldn't your theories meet the same standards you propose for evolution? Explain where God started.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #42 : July 04, 2011, 08:17:54 AM »

thats already been explained to you adinfinitum, but as usual you had your ears plugged up with your fingers while I was speaking.
« : July 04, 2011, 08:19:52 AM OneTruth »

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #43 : July 04, 2011, 09:04:24 AM »

funny how evolution knew how to...

Evolution doesn't "know" anything, there is no end goal in mind. That's the "intelligent design" theory, not evolution. Evolution produces a variety of adaptations, those that are successful at reproduction form the next generation. In your little scenario, a species that evolved "incorrect parts" wouldn't be here. The vast majority of species that ever evolved are, in fact, no longer here.

Many of the dysfunctions you currently see in humanity are a result of the fact that they are evolved for the environment they lived in hundreds of generations ago.
« : July 04, 2011, 09:06:44 AM Illuminator »

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #44 : July 04, 2011, 09:34:35 AM »

ok pal, whatever you say...lol
so, out of the millions of varions that could be possible in the universe....only the male & female conception variation survived the evolutionary filter.
Y did it abandon the cellular divide (mitosis)...that still exists? Where are all the species that went extinct because they evolved into less successfull variations of reproduction?
Keep the faith dude! Evolution rocks!
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evolutionary Theory - is it real science? or a false religion? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools