Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Casey Anthony found not guilty « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: July 05, 2011, 03:01:56 PM

A shocker to most, but Im not surprised. The prosecution relied 100% on circumstancial evidence. And while I followed the trial I was disappointed that they didnt have any real evidence that links Casey to the crime.

I think she did it. But I agree with the jury that you cannot convict someone of a crime with just their behavior as the evidence. The state didnt prove their case.

http://news.yahoo.com/casey-anthony-acquitted-murder-182149052.html

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 05, 2011, 03:28:58 PM

A lot of people will probably hate this decision. I myself have not kept up with it but My question is, if she didnt do it, what did she lie to the cops about? Perhaps she was just afraid?

We won't know. We aren't the jury with all the details at our disposal.

Hopefully the real killer, whoever it is, gets found and brought to justice.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 05, 2011, 03:41:46 PM

She probably did it, but the case against her was awful. Like you said they had nothing for real evidence, and really no one should be convicted of a crime based on what they had has evidence.

Only thing for sure was that the woman was a **CENSORED** parent.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : July 05, 2011, 04:06:40 PM

it appears that she probably got away with murdering her child - the evidence wasn't there to convict the psychopath.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 05, 2011, 04:50:32 PM

definitely gonna watch Nancy Grace tonight.  Can't believe I just said that.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 05, 2011, 04:55:46 PM

Well, if there wasn't eevidence, the jury had to do what they did. She probably got off PURELY due to lack of evidence, but it was te honest and unbiased thing to do.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 05, 2011, 05:55:16 PM

She probably did it, but the case against her was awful. Like you said they had nothing for real evidence, and really no one should be convicted of a crime based on what they had has evidence.

Only thing for sure was that the woman was a **CENSORED** parent.

x2 - what can we say, for sure, that she did?  Lie/Crappy parent.  Thats about it.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 05, 2011, 05:56:04 PM

A shocker to most, but Im not surprised. The prosecution relied 100% on circumstancial evidence. And while I followed the trial I was disappointed that they didnt have any real evidence that links Casey to the crime.

I think she did it. But I agree with the jury that you cannot convict someone of a crime with just their behavior as the evidence. The state didnt prove their case.

I've been telling my wife she was going to get off from the Murder-1 charge for weeks.  The evidence just wasn't there.  I thought the prosecution did a decent job, but the evidence just wasn't there for a conviction.  I've never been in a courtroom, and I could have got her a not-guilty verdict.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 05, 2011, 06:03:08 PM

Hopefully the real killer, whoever it is, gets found and brought to justice.

As soon as they find the "real killers" of OJ's wife

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 05, 2011, 06:17:06 PM

I see a perfect illustration within this verdict how an argument could easily be made about Goodell's heavy handedness in dealing w/ players in the league.  Not trying to hijack  the thread but I am sick of of Goodell's over the top approach.

Anyway, back on point, It would appear justice was served today.

RIP, little Caylee. So very saddening. As a parent I don't know how I would be able to deal w/ this.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#10 : July 05, 2011, 06:31:33 PM

TheBillWalton The Bill Walton Trip
by NewSchoolSS
Somewhere in Hollywood Jennifer Love Hewitt is silently praying to the great god Jobu for the chance to play Casey in the Lifetime movie.

Caught that on my twitter feed.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 05, 2011, 08:05:11 PM

Congratulations to Fox News' Geraldo Rivera who just before the verdict, predicted guilty based on the length of time the jury deliberated....
OH MY GOD. Not Guilty??? I am STUNNED, Geraldo Rivera tweeted.
: July 05, 2011, 08:07:15 PM morgan

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 05, 2011, 08:55:56 PM

Many "talking-heads" were stunned.

When a jury reaches a verdict in a short period of time, in a case of this nature, the finding is more often than not, "guilty". This finding was an exception to the rule.

It's easy to imagine that this jury felt the pressure of public opinion on their shoulders. Regardless, they  blocked it out and concluded, that based on the state's case, evidence of guilt was simply not there. Good for the members of the jury, that really does take a hell of a lot of courage.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#13 : July 05, 2011, 09:24:10 PM

I'd do her.. Something about her getting out today makes it more steamy.. Maybe Im just a freak..  No D for 3 years.. someone is going to be happy.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 05, 2011, 09:46:07 PM

No D for 3 years..

No... just a lot of lezzy fists. Good luck with that.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Casey Anthony found not guilty « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools