Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Casey Anthony found not guilty « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 07, 2011, 01:43:21 AM

Prove to me that she did it. No evidence directly points to her killing Caylee at all. I feel terrible the young girl is gone. But you can't blame someone for a crime without facts. In fact she will be a free woman soon, no way they can keep her on the current crimes after serving 3 years in jail for it.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 07, 2011, 03:05:18 AM

Well Casey isnt OK in the head. She's got some serious mental problems. People like this create chaos around them. They drown in their narcissism. It's like OJ. Even when he got off, he couldnt stay out of trouble. Casey likely wont stay out of trouble either.There is not enough evidence to convict her in a court of law of killing her child. But her behavior as a mother was completely unacceptable. We can only hope she does not get pregnant again.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#32 : July 07, 2011, 07:10:40 AM

Prove to me that she did it. No evidence directly points to her killing Caylee at all. I feel terrible the young girl is gone. But you can't blame someone for a crime without facts. In fact she will be a free woman soon, no way they can keep her on the current crimes after serving 3 years in jail for it.

You're gullible if you don't think she did it just by using common sense. Of course, you yourself might need to have the same evidence required by a jury. But someone with common sense can take motive, circumstantial evidence, a person's actions (lies, partying, deceit) to come to a conclusion. We don't need the same "evidence" to come to an opinion that she's guilty of murdering her toddler.

Evidently you don't have common sense.

Nor good taste (I'd hit it?).
: July 07, 2011, 07:12:13 AM morgan

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 07, 2011, 07:32:03 AM

no way they can keep her on the current crimes after serving 3 years in jail for it.

Much of the time served was for check fraud.  So not only is she a thief, but she cost Orange County taxpayers millions of dollars used to search for her misslng toddler. (You'd hit it).

---------------------------------------------------------
Casey Anthony, the young Florida mother awaiting trial in the death of her daughter, Caylee, pleaded guilty Monday to check fraud and was sentenced to time served.

Anthony admitted stealing a checkbook from a friend, Amy Huizenga, and writing four checks worth nearly $650. She wiped tears from her eyes as she spoke briefly in court.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-25/justice/florida.casey.anthony.court_1_george-and-cindy-anthony-caylee-check-fraud?_s=PM:CRIME

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 07, 2011, 09:21:32 AM

You're gullible if you don't think she did it just by using common sense. Of course, you yourself might need to have the same evidence required by a jury. But someone with common sense can take motive, circumstantial evidence, a person's actions (lies, partying, deceit) to come to a conclusion. We don't need the same "evidence" to come to an opinion that she's guilty of murdering her toddler.

Have you been able to scrounge up any evidence that says the child was murdered?  I'm not even asking for evidence that says that Casey did it, I'm asking for evidence that she was murdered by anyone.

Post it or shut the pie hole.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 07, 2011, 09:55:33 AM

I'll say I never even heard of this case prior to the verdict becoming all water cooler-ific so I don't know one way or the other what happened BUT this is correct. There is no reason our judgement outside a courtroom has to be constrained by the same rules of evidence and process that occurs inside a courtroom. The fact that we don't have a full CSI workup on her guilt doesn't mean that we can't make judgements based on the information we have. If you see a sign "World Best Coffee" I doubt you believe it but there's certainly no Fraud Conviction level of evidence in your possession to make you think that it true.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 07, 2011, 10:34:13 AM

My judgment outside of the courtroom still question how the girl died.

My co-worker is in love with CA.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 07, 2011, 10:39:12 AM

My judgment outside of the courtroom still question how the girl died.

...and that is fine but that judgement isn't based on rules of evidence, presumption of innonce, burden of proof or anything else that courts have loaded onto them.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 07, 2011, 11:47:48 AM

Keep waiting, **CENSORED**head. Evidently you have no common sense either.

BuccaNova

Starter
#39 : July 07, 2011, 12:23:49 PM

Common sense is an undefined variable that is not the same for everyone. That is why we do not use common sense as a legal means of conviction.  Years ago, common sense led to a lot of lynching. It's not really useful in any legal sense.  My common sense says Nancy Grace should be thrown off of television, or under a train, or maybe charged for making enough noise and making the case high-profile enough that this loathsome young woman could secure capable defense, or with inciting the public, or with driving someone to suicide. But my common sense doesn't win either. Evidence wins.  CA walks, the Harpy talks.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 07, 2011, 12:37:35 PM

Keep waiting, **CENSORED**head. Evidently you have no common sense either.

Evidently you need to have everything fed to you by kiddie spoon because you lack the cognitive ability to think for yourself.

The only thing your common sense should tell you is that Casey knows how the girl died and covered it up.  It doesn't tell you if she killed the girl maliciously, killed the girl accidentally, somebody else killed the girl maliciously, killed the girl accidentally, or if the girl died by accident on her own accord.  There is no evidence that points one way or the other as to who killed her or how she died.  One of Casey's scumbag boyfriends could have done it, and she's stupid enough to cover up for him.  Common sense should tell you there are many possibilities.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 07, 2011, 05:00:18 PM

That is why we do not use common sense as a legal means of conviction. 

No one said it was. But you still can form an opinion that she murdered her child based on the preponderance of information given to you.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 07, 2011, 06:12:48 PM

The movie....what actors play the parts of the key players?

Jon Lovitz to play Jose Baez......

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 07, 2011, 06:17:09 PM

Have you been able to scrounge up any evidence that says the child was murdered?  I'm not even asking for evidence that says that Casey did it, I'm asking for evidence that she was murdered by anyone.

I don't believe the State had evidence to show the little girl was murdered. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 07, 2011, 06:17:55 PM

Jennifer Love Hewitt .......

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Casey Anthony found not guilty « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools