Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "For Caddy to leave Tampa, it would have to be for a starting job" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: July 06, 2011, 11:22:32 AM

You can add Texans RB Steve Slaton, who apparently has been made expendable in Houston considering Arian Foster's emergence, to the free-agent/trade possibilities being rumored to fill a badly needed backup role behind Rams workhorse RB Steven Jackson. Slaton had a strong rookie campaign in 2009 but ended up on injured reserve last year. Of all the RB prospects that have popped up on the rumor mill (Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, Cadillac Williams, Slaton), team insiders tell us the name continuing to generate the most positive buzz is that of Sproles, who would appear to offer a particularly appealing change of pace to Jackson. "He has the name recognition and added value on special teams," one insider said of Sproles, who played his college ball at Kansas State. "I don't see 'Cadillac' coming here. I think for him to leave Tampa Bay, it would have to be for a starting role."

Source:  ProFootballWeekly

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

#1 : July 06, 2011, 11:33:22 AM

No team in their right mind would make Caddy the #1 guy. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 06, 2011, 11:52:48 AM

Wouldn't mind Sproles coming here, or even Slaton.  He was banged up the last couple years but if he is healthy now, could be worth a shot as a Caddy replacement.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 06, 2011, 11:54:22 AM

If it ain't Caddy - it'll be one of the UDFA's IMO (Locke, Fanin, Spann or Devine.)  or hell - it might be Caddy AND one of those...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 06, 2011, 12:03:58 PM

Sproles could be the guy I thought Huggins was going to be. But I guess Huggy is done.  Wonder if Sproles is looking for huge jack.  He could do return duties also.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 06, 2011, 12:16:23 PM

Caddy may not have a choice

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 06, 2011, 12:32:37 PM

Unless we open the bank vault for caddy he is good as gone.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 06, 2011, 12:44:19 PM

Disagree...

Small market for the guy...

Hometown discount.

This team is pretty tight...  I'd expect them to make a reasonable offer and for him to have no other real options.

Just my opinion.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 06, 2011, 12:46:08 PM

I think he'd be a nice #3 back here.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 06, 2011, 12:56:31 PM

Agree with Blind Melon.  Caddy is a fan fav, tho not apparantly on this board.  He won't cost a lot and he means a lot to this team of brothers.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 06, 2011, 01:07:25 PM

Caddy is a great 3rd down back. He should relish in that role, it's an important role in the NFL.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JM2

Pro Bowler

#11 : July 06, 2011, 02:25:48 PM

I have no problem with keeping Caddy as the 3rd down back for a few more seasons. Bring in some UDFA's behind him but force them to take the position from him.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 06, 2011, 02:31:22 PM

I have no problem with keeping Caddy as the 3rd down back for a few more seasons. Bring in some UDFA's behind him but force them to take the position from him.

+1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#13 : July 06, 2011, 05:25:01 PM

I must say; i like the looks of Chad Spann; but, if not, Carnel has proven to be a great third down back and compliment to Blount.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 06, 2011, 05:30:25 PM

Agree with Blind Melon.  Caddy is a fan fav, tho not apparantly on this board.  He won't cost a lot and he means a lot to this team of brothers.
+1

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "For Caddy to leave Tampa, it would have to be for a starting job" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools