Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "For Caddy to leave Tampa, it would have to be for a starting job" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 06, 2011, 05:34:26 PM

There's enough room for both Cadillac and Sproles. Sproles can be the return man and primary passing situation RB. Cadillac can sub in for Blount in base packages and running out the game situations if Blount's fumble problem isn't solved.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 06, 2011, 06:16:41 PM

I still believe Graham would be a better third down back, cost less, and be an emergency backup at FB. He's also more durable.For sure he's a better option if Blount went down. Caddy couldn't be a starter on any team in the league. The most he could hope for is what he ended up with last year. Performance is what counts. He just doesn't have it anymore. There has to be an undrafted free agent who can offer more. Get on with the youth movement.

jeanclaud

Starter

#17 : July 06, 2011, 09:13:33 PM

I really just don't get that sentiment at all. Caddy is no longer a bell cow, if he ever was, but the guy has been straight up excellent as a 3rd down RB. I guess their perceived value is low but honestly they aren't easy to come by. The list of top notch third down guys is very small and I think it would be a mistake to let Caddy go.

Also, if you recall when Caddy first came into the league, he had major stone hands. He was honestly no better than Blount was as a rookie. It would be strange for the team to stick with him through all the years and injuries and facilitate his development into a good third down back just to let him go now. We're finally in a position to reap what was sown with Caddy and I see no reason (with his lightened work load) why he couldn't enjoy a Kevin Faulk-esque career into his 30s.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 06, 2011, 09:29:11 PM

There's enough room for both Cadillac and Sproles. Sproles can be the return man and primary passing situation RB. Cadillac can sub in for Blount in base packages and running out the game situations if Blount's fumble problem isn't solved.

Fumble problem?  He fumbled once every 51.5 times he touched the ball, and one of those fumbles was off that horrible throw by Freeman against the Saints.  For comparison's sake, that's about the same rate as Frank Gore, Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones...

Blount could improve, but I think he's okay.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 06, 2011, 09:32:59 PM

I still believe Graham would be a better third down back, cost less, and be an emergency backup at FB. He's also more durable.

+1.

I really don't see a need to worry about Caddy leaving. He's a good personality and he did do well as a blitz pickup guy, and also as a pass catcher. The thing is, he's expendable if you just look for Graham in the crowd of Bucs he always seems to be lost in. Yeah, Graham is aged, but we're not talking about an every-down back. Just about everything he's done has been gold. He's a guy that has been playing this game for awhile now and he's deffinitely more durable. I worried when Caddy came back in after his second knee injury, mostly not about the knee, but his attitude towards his own body. Sometimes it can "lie" to you, like it did to him, and ruin any concentration or abilities he had. I guess I was mostly right in that he won't hit the holes hard, and doesn't have any of the shiftiness he once had. He is however making up for it somewhat by having sure hands and an experience in an offense that not many TB players in that position have.

If Graham doesn't want an expanded role at this stage of his career I could respectfully understand, but the offer should be his first if Caddy does walk. I could care less either way, but I would like the drama that is Caddy come to a close sooner rather than later.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 06, 2011, 09:58:08 PM

Agree w Tat and Melon.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 06, 2011, 09:59:17 PM

... W Tanard about no team likely viewing him as a 1.

And w Melon about the likelihood that he returns...

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 06, 2011, 11:36:55 PM

I wouldn't hold your breath on caddys return.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 07, 2011, 01:02:28 AM

The Rams are supposed to be interested, but that would be a backup job obviously.  I don't see a big market for him IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 07, 2011, 03:20:03 AM

With Lumpkin, Bradford & Graham on the roster, plus at that player gathering sounded positive for a Huggy return (maybe PUP), I don't see them bringing in any FA's if Caddy is re-signed as a 3rd down back.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 07, 2011, 10:34:52 AM

Fumble problem?  He fumbled once every 51.5 times he touched the ball, and one of those fumbles was off that horrible throw by Freeman against the Saints.  For comparison's sake, that's about the same rate as Frank Gore, Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones...

Against Carolina he had two fumbles that didn't count against him. One he dropped the handoff but it counted against Freeman because he was the last to officially have possession and the second one he fumbled and Carolina was running into the endzone with it and the refs blew it dead, probably incorrectly.

Blount does alot of great things, but his ball security is an absolute disaster.

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

#26 : July 07, 2011, 10:53:11 AM

Blount does like to hold the ball with his wrist away from his body.  Him and Mike Williams are the ones that scare me when they have the ball in traffic.  Mike Williams seemed to learn his lesson as the season went on. 

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 07, 2011, 11:01:21 AM

Against Carolina he had two fumbles that didn't count against him. One he dropped the handoff but it counted against Freeman because he was the last to officially have possession and the second one he fumbled and Carolina was running into the endzone with it and the refs blew it dead, probably incorrectly.

Blount does alot of great things, but his ball security is an absolute disaster.

Great points.  I'll  have to watch for that this season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 07, 2011, 12:02:04 PM

Disaster? Lil dramatic, don't ya think?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#29 : July 07, 2011, 12:42:36 PM

Disaster? Lil dramatic, don't ya think?

Isn't this the place for the Dramatic???
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "For Caddy to leave Tampa, it would have to be for a starting job" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools